Ya, it could be a conspiracy. So far the only major thing they missed is the interference/blindside headshot on Chara.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yay Bergie!

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 08:47 PM ----------

To be fair, Vancouver has been the better team offensively thus far. Lucky break for Boston I think, poor decisions by Vancouver lead to that goal. Shit happens, still 45 mins or more left in this game.
    Agreed, but the play that led to that goal was inexcusable. I hope they don't fall apart in the next two periods because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Raise your hand if you think it is a coincidence that the officiating crew tonight is the exact same crew that worked game 7 of the Boston/Tampa series. #tinfoilhat

Great first goal by Boston.
    Combine that with the fact a referee was skating around with a stick, CLEARLY looking to assist in a Boston goal, and you might have something there.

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alocolas View Post
    Nice high hit on Chara, come on Vancouver you call us dirty?
    Even the VS announcers said it was two people colliding that were watching the play unfold, and unintentional.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good first period, very competitive game. Can't count the Canucks out of this game and Boston can't sit and turtle on a lead for 40 minutes, you don't win a game by doing shit all.

Also, is Don Cherry mental? The MVP award goes to the MVP, Luongo sure as shit hasn't been the most valued player on the Canucks roster that's for sure after being pulled in two games. But then again, I don't think any one player on the Canucks roster has been MVP worthy in any game, Luongo has been at home but that's it, most of the team as a whole has been pretty average all around. Malholtra coming back was big for them though, but I think Kesler has probably been the best consistency wise for the Canucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Good first period, very competitive game. Can't count the Canucks out of this game and Boston can't sit and turtle on a lead for 40 minutes, you don't win a game by doing shit all.

Also, is Don Cherry mental? The MVP award goes to the MVP, Luongo sure as shit hasn't been the most valued player on the Canucks roster that's for sure after being pulled in two games. But then again, I don't think any one player on the Canucks roster has been MVP worthy in any game, Luongo has been at home but that's it, most of the team as a whole has been pretty average all around. Malholtra coming back was big for them though, but I think Kesler has probably been the best consistency wise for the Canucks.
    I wish I got CBC to hear the stupid crap that dribbles out of his mouth lol. In this case though he is correct. Luongo is the sole reaosn they have won three games in this series. Their offense has been invisible. Sure he has been pulled acouple of times in the playoffs and even benched for a game, but he is far and away their MVP. Both Sedins have been completely terrible when it actually matters. Kesler has been terrible by the way. He has 19 points in the playoffs. Guess how many of them have come in the most important series of the season. ONE. An assist in game 1. For the Finals he is 0G, 1A, -4. In fact, outside of the 6 Nashville games, Kesler has been complete garbage.
    Finals: 0g, 1A, -4
    San jose: 2G, 1A, +0
    Nashville: 5G, 6A +2
    Chicago: 0G, 4A, +4

So outside of Nashville he has 2g, 6A. Not exactly good.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-16 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    Go sedins!

10+ Year Old Account
    lets go canucks, make the comeback and bring the cup north of the border!

15+ Year Old Account
    Chara's 4th empty net save of the series. Pretty incredible.

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 09:35 PM ----------

Ya, Vancouver is in a whole bunch of trouble.

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 09:36 PM ----------

Daniel and Henrik Sedin: The Defensive Liability Twins. Now a combined -16 for the playoffs.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-16 at 01:37 AM.

Well, see you all in another 17 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have to say, I will take Detroit's Euro twins with their offensive ability and commitment to defense any day over the Sedins.

10+ Year Old Account
    start tuning that smallest violin

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Well, see you all in another 17 years.

This game is far from over, 1 goal from canucks and BB will be shaking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey Eddie, the Canucks can't draw a penalty. The refs aren't going to call them. There is a reason this crew is working this game. While there haven't been any huge no calls yet, there have been a couple plays that would have been penalties in every other game of this series. And like it would even matter if Vancouver had a PP. Boston's D is lock down on the PK.

Update: My words, I have ate them. If there was ever a time for Vancouver to get back in the game it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    here comes the sympathy calls

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I got CBC to hear the stupid crap that dribbles out of his mouth lol. In this case though he is correct. Luongo is the sole reaosn they have won three games in this series. Their offense has been invisible. Sure he has been pulled acouple of times in the playoffs and even benched for a game, but he is far and away their MVP. Both Sedins have been completely terrible when it actually matters. Kesler has been terrible by the way. He has 19 points in the playoffs. Guess how many of them have come in the most important series of the season. ONE. An assist in game 1. For the Finals he is 0G, 1A, -4. In fact, outside of the 6 Nashville games, Kesler has been complete garbage.
    Finals: 0g, 1A, -4
    San jose: 2G, 1A, +0
    Nashville: 5G, 6A +2
    Chicago: 0G, 4A, +4

So outside of Nashville he has 2g, 6A. Not exactly good.
    To me it's not so much about the numbers though, Kesler has been solid just being a physical player, though his performance this series where it's important has been really lacking. Chara has been shutting Kesler out from being effective though, same with the Sedins.

I think if Boston wins it, it's because the team in front of Luongo has not been the best. Right now Boston's defence and Tim Thomas are just shutting everything down that Vancouver is throwing on net.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    here comes the sympathy calls
    Meh, Chara did kind of take down Kesler in front of the net there with a high shove. Frankly I am surprised they didn't call Kesler for his stick work on Chara when he got back up even though it was very minor.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcynic View Post
    This game is far from over, 1 goal from canucks and BB will be shaking.
    Doubt it, Boston's offensive pressure has been big.

Hey Eddie, the Canucks can't draw a penalty. The refs aren't going to call them. There is a reason this crew is working this game. While there haven't been any huge no calls yet, there have been a couple plays that would have been penalties in every other game of this series. And like it would even matter if Vancouver had a PP. Boston's D is lock down on the PK.

Update: My words, I have ate them. If there was ever a time for Vancouver to get back in the game it is now.
    Chara is off the ice, there is no reason why they shouldn't score a goal, if not then it's because of Boston's defence and Thomas. This is the time Vancouver can turn the game around, if not then they might be SOL.

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 09:46 PM ----------

What the fuck was that?

10+ Year Old Account
    wow 3-0, lol... not sure if it will count

10+ Year Old Account
    3-0, short handed!
    And it counts!

gg, see ya next year everybody!

15+ Year Old Account
    Omfg... Well, time to start prepping the engraving screens if you are the guy that does it.

Even if the goal is disallowed it should be a penalty shot as he clearly had a scoring chance on a break away eliminated by the penalty.

Quickest War Room review ever...