15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Nazem Kadri is actually a pretty decent player. The problem is, that if you shuffle him back and forth between the Leafs and the Marlies, he won't fit in with either club. He's proven he has the moves, if they'll just give him the ice time to find his groove, I think we'll see a player on par with Joffrey Lupul in a year or two in him.
    Burke is probably trying to do the Detroit system where we let prospects sit in the AHL for years before bringing them up. Detroit has the luxury of doing that because all our prospects would be fourth liners right now. Toronto doesn't which is why it makes no sense at all to do that with Kadri. I just assume he sucks because he gets little time on the ice on a horrible team which makes no sense.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    This is what I'm expecting to happen, Nail in between Lupul and Kessel, could easily become the second best line in the NHL.
    I thought Nail is a natural wing though?

My feeling is why not offer sheet or trade for Matt Duchene. He is a proven Center in the NHL. First line on a team like the Leafs for sure. He is coming off a $3.2 million salary and will probably command something in the $4 million or so range. A player in the $3.1-4.7 million salary range will command a compensation of a 1st and 3rd round picks. Why not offer sheet or straight up trade for him? Colorado I'm sure wants to hold onto him, so either do a predatory offer sheet (say $40/8years which would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick or $37.6/8years which would be only the 1st and 3rd. Alter the years as desired) or try and trade for him. He is an Ontario kid so you have to imagine he would love to play for the Leafs if the offer sheeted him. You essentially give up your 3rd round pick and skip all the developmental and risk bullshit that accompanies prospects.

But NHL GMs don't use the offer sheet and they don't do logical things like go get a 1st line center when their team needs one so don't expect this to happen.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-11 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Burke is probably trying to do the Detroit system where we let prospects sit in the AHL for years before bringing them up. Detroit has the luxury of doing that because all our prospects would be fourth liners right now. Toronto doesn't which is why it makes no sense at all to do that with Kadri. I just assume he sucks because he gets little time on the ice on a horrible team which makes no sense.
    I know, I scratch my head at it too. I mean, Kadri isn't the best player in the league, but he's better than half the assclowns who get ice time on the Leafs.

Burke needs to pull his head out of his ass, and get rid of goons like Komisarek and accident-prone liabilities like Armstrong.
    I like Armdog, but he gets injured if he comes near an ice cube tray, let alone a hockey rink.

It's time to change the guard.

10+ Year Old Account

I thought Nail is a natural wing though?
    NHL draft center had him tagged as a center. Guess they'd be best to attempt for Grigorenko or Galchenyuk.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    In how many hours will the Flyers - Penguins game start?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    7:30 EST, it is 5:43 EST at the moment, so little less than 2 hours

15+ Year Old Account
    Pittsburgh Philly about to get going. Going to have to start switching back and forth when the Detroit game starts too!

I should really hook up a 2nd TV in my office.

Also, I setup the hockey channel on IRC Quakenet. The channel name is #mmoc-hockey . Logon with your IRC client or click the link in my signature or right here!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Got nothing to do tonight, so kinda looking forward to watching the Preds/Det match up.

Crosby scores.
    Flyers look like they're getting dominated.

Edit:

Kennedy scores.
    Flyers look like they're getting dominated.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-04-11 at 11:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I return for the playoffs... what have I missed in the last 30 pages or so?
    red panda red panda red panda!

This period needs to end, the Flyers have no idea whats going on.

Dupuis scores.

Net so humongous big and puck small space in net.

I did not expect the Pens to dominate this much... They look pretty god damn scary right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flyers are being out-worked physically which is something that I did not expect. If they can't throw some big hits to keep the Penguin offense at bay then this series is over already.

And lord they start with the Crosby bullshit already. "That play comes from creativity by Crosby" (A backhand pass to keep the puck in the zone? (WTF?))
    Sooo annoying.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Goooooooose! First Preds goal is a playoff goal. hope they have a good run!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    Flyers are being out-worked physically which is something that I did not expect. If they can't throw some big hits to keep the Penguin offense at bay then this series is over already.

And lord they start with the Crosby bullshit already. "That play comes from creativity by Crosby" (A backhand pass to keep the puck in the zone? (WTF?))
    Sooo annoying.
    They act as if a keep in play resulting in a friendly deflection is an act of sheer genius.

The refs have declared "screw the rules". For both sides of coarse. (PHI - PIT)

15+ Year Old Account
    Detroit Nashville series - the series everyone expected to be almost penalty free.
    1st period. game 1.
    WTF IS 5 on 5 Hockey?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Detroit Nashville series - the series everyone expected to be almost penalty free.
    1st period. game 1.
    WTF IS 5 on 5 Hockey?
    At least they were all legit penalties on both teams with the exception of the Franzen penalty for "roughing." It was roughing if roughing is Franzen getting a cross check from Weber right in the back so Franzen pushes against him to get space and has his hand near Weber's head and he throws his head back like he got shot with a 12 gauge. Aside from that, it has been a little tightly called, but not unequally called. Glad they didn't score on that 5 on 3 when Abs stupidly hacked at a guys stick who is leaning over and clipped him on the chin. Sometimes (all the time) I really hate that guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least they were all legit penalties on both teams with the exception of the Franzen penalty for "roughing." It was roughing if roughing is Franzen getting a cross check from Weber right in the back so Franzen pushes against him to get space and has his hand near Weber's head and he throws his head back like he got shot with a 12 gauge. Aside from that, it has been a little tightly called, but not unequally called. Glad they didn't score on that 5 on 3 when Abs stupidly hacked at a guys stick who is leaning over and clipped him on the chin. Sometimes (all the time) I really hate that guy.
    yeah i donno, Abs is one of those guys whos like a light switch for me, i love him, and then 5 minutes later he switches.

I really hope that this time around there are less suits at the games in Vancouver. I hate when the crowd just dies out after the anthems and after we're down a goal.
    I remember it all too well