Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gustavsson is a good goalie when the team in front of him is competent. He can make great saves, however I think his play style going into his third year with the Leafs diminished greatly because he was coached into playing in a way that he wasn't comfortable with. Watch him in the first season, he was all over the place and playing a very athletic and movement oriented style of goaltending. I think Allaire really changed up his style quite a bit and it's reflected in how Gustavsson has played since then. When he is comfortable and confident, with a team blocking shots in front of him, I think he could be a solid 40 or 50 game goalie. He needs to work on consistency and not allow those bad first goals, otherwise I think he could be a number 1 goalie in the NHL if he works the kinks out.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Jersey ties their series at 2-2 with a 4-1 win.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    inc Torterella complaining about the refing

Tort complains about fucking everything. Dude runs a team of goons that haven't been relevant since 1994 and thinks that's the league's fault.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I woulden't go as far to say that, but he does complain quite a bit

Every single time they show his reaction on the bench, he's either throwing a fit or laughing at the "ridiculous" calls against his team. I've never seen a coach with such blatant disregard for reality. And the more I watch New York play, the more I realize just how much they actually get away with. They may get penalized a ton, but they somehow deserve even more. I didn't have a problem with it so much in the Washington series because I like to laugh at Ovie losing, but even there it was pretty noticeable.

It's funny to laugh at when they're nowhere near the Cup, but the closer the Rangers come to actually winning it again, the less I want to see dirty plays and the more I want to see the better team win, whoever it ends up being. I just easily get annoyed when teams play like thugs and advance because of it.

10+ Year Old Account

For those that didn't see it - Rangers down 3-0, Rupp punches Brodeur in the neck and it carries into his mask.

Brodeur responds during the press interview:
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2012-05-22 at 07:07 PM.

Phoenix ahead 1-0.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, why do they air the games this late? It's 3.20 am here -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It's funny to laugh at when they're nowhere near the Cup, but the closer the Rangers come to actually winning it again, the less I want to see dirty plays and the more I want to see the better team win, whoever it ends up being. I just easily get annoyed when teams play like thugs and advance because of it.
    You mean like Boston last year?

Also, if Phoenix keeps up this ludicrous speed through the 1st period, they're gonna be completely done in by mid 2nd. They're shooting themselves in the foot.
    red panda red panda red panda!

What a game!
    Back-and-forth. 3-3

Deleted
    This ref is gonna drive Doughty crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    got to love these refs who fall for the "zetterberg/datsyuk"

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 01:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Gustavsson is a good goalie when the team in front of him is competent. He can make great saves, however I think his play style going into his third year with the Leafs diminished greatly because he was coached into playing in a way that he wasn't comfortable with. Watch him in the first season, he was all over the place and playing a very athletic and movement oriented style of goaltending. I think Allaire really changed up his style quite a bit and it's reflected in how Gustavsson has played since then. When he is comfortable and confident, with a team blocking shots in front of him, I think he could be a solid 40 or 50 game goalie. He needs to work on consistency and not allow those bad first goals, otherwise I think he could be a number 1 goalie in the NHL if he works the kinks out.

allaire ruined gusty and remier.. allaire was giggy's boy, giggy is gone.. so should he

Kings win
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-05-23 at 04:39 AM.

Deleted
    There we go, LA in the finals. This could be over ages ago if LA got their PP running...

Very good game for Phoenix tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's over.

I keep thinking they are playing in LA because the fans are the same colour as the Kings

10+ Year Old Account
    nice to see PHX care when the season is over.. and the team is in the playoffs...

To ever hear that hit by Brown and the subsequent feelings to the hit on Draper by Lemieux is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... signature is 0-3.

Oh well, grats Kings.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post

Oh well, grats Kings.
    Put on a LA sig NOW!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Javiers View Post
    To ever hear that hit by Brown and the subsequent feelings to the hit on Draper by Lemieux is ridiculous.
    well that hit im sure will be looked at. personally i can see brown getting 1 game suspension for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post

Oh well, grats Kings.
    I did call that at the start of this series.
    But yeah, put on a Quick sig.