10+ Year Old Account
    NHL.com is reporting that Minnesota is finalizing a deal with Parise.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I don't see that anywhere...

Also, I hope Detroit gets Semin after this. It's painful to watch Semin flounder about in Washington. He's such a good player and definitely needs the change in scenery.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Suter to the Wild? The fuck?

I'd have given my left arm to see him signing again in Music City, damn shame to have to let someone that good just walk away. But if he leaves I'd honestly expected him to sign with a team that is even a remote cup contender. Not the freaking Wild...

15+ Year Old Account
    Both get 13 years $98 million.

15+ Year Old Account
    What monster contracts...

Sooo... does Minnesota have any money left over for Weber now?

10+ Year Old Account
    For how much they want. I'm glad we didn't sign them. Neither are worth that.

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    What monster contracts...

Sooo... does Minnesota have any money left over for Weber now?
    With Backstrom's contract over next season... Sadly yes they will.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Both get 13 years $98 million.
    As a long-time Isles fan, I have but two words.... Rick DiPietro... that is all
    Who's got two thumbs and is awesome? This guy!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    What a waste.

The only reason I don't like Minnesota though is their colour scheme and logo are horrid. lol.

Deleted
    What a waste.

The only reason I don't like Minnesota though is their colour scheme and logo are horrid. lol.
    I like their logo, that's about it.

Signing both the top forward AND top d-man on the market still utterly stuns me. I'd have been surprised if they'd even got one of them, considering how many legitimate contenders were almost literally brawling for those two.

Looks like the Canucks won't be marching through their division anymore.
    Last edited by mmoceaf424ea73; 2012-07-04 at 04:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Polie for the Preds is pissed because Suter didn't even give him a chance to counter offer.

Minnesota.... it's a good thing they're in it for money, because they aren't winning jack shit there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Minnesota.... it's a good thing they're in it for money, because they aren't winning jack shit there.
    At least they will keep Vancouver from embarrassing themselves again by getting a 3rd straight President's trophy and getting eliminated by the 8th seed again.

My response upon looking at NHL.com: LOL. Literally, I laughed so hard.

At least they will keep Vancouver from embarrassing themselves again by getting a 3rd straight President's trophy and getting eliminated by the 8th seed again.
    Still really doubtful. Nash doesn't help Columbus keep anyone from anything. On the plus side for everyone else, at least our teams won't have to worry about playing against Parise, Suter, or Weber anymore since they'll be backed by the NHL equivalent of China's Olympic hockey team.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, expect a lock out, if the owners think they won the last cba... it will probably get messy with all these signings

Anyone that been around Nashville right now is pretty much giving Suter the middle finger. The guy has done nothing but sit around and bitch about not having this player, or losing these players, and then he goes and signs with the team who is owned by the very same guy that destroyed the team after the 2007 season. TBH losing him to one of the big names would not have surprised anyone, but to have him go and sign with a team owned by Leipold is pretty much the biggest slap in the face anyone could come up with.

One thing is for sure though, Suter and Weber won't be playing together like they talked about, cause there is no way in hell the Wild can afford to pay him that much too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Detroit can wave some prospects Clb's way for Nash and sign Semin. Nash - Datsyuk - Semin + Franzen - Zetterberg - Filppulla. Scary top two lines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    One thing is for sure though, Suter and Weber won't be playing together like they talked about, cause there is no way in hell the Wild can afford to pay him that much too.
    Not right now, no. But next year they will. Backstroms contract expires in 2013, freeing up $6M in cap space. They have around $2M free space right now, meaning they can dish out the same offer they gave Suter to Weber at the end of next season. Weber will be an UFA there too if Poile can't work out a small miracle.

They can't offer sheet him now but that wouldn't make much sense anyway, considering he will most probably be an UFA in a year's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Not right now, no. But next year they will. Backstroms contract expires in 2013, freeing up $6M in cap space. They have around $2M free space right now, meaning they can dish out the same offer they gave Suter to Weber at the end of next season. Weber will be an UFA there too if Poile can't work out a small miracle.

They can't offer sheet him now but that wouldn't make much sense anyway, considering he will most probably be an UFA in a year's time.
    Won't happen. They would be picking up another 8 mil a season contract and then what are you going to have around them? So you got two great defensemen, 3 solid forwards and ??

Besides we all know what going to happen, I've seen this before from Leipold already. He goes out and spends a crap ton of money he can't afford to pay, then guts the team a year later and sells it off so he doesn't go broke. You would of thought Suter would of learned the first time around. I wouldn't be shocked at all to hear that the Wild have a new owner in two years.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Won't be giving my Wild tickets away anytime soon at least

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Maybe Detroit can wave some prospects Clb's way for Nash and sign Semin. Nash - Datsyuk - Semin + Franzen - Zetterberg - Filppulla. Scary top two lines.
    When the hell did you move to Halifax?