10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Really depends on what Chicago wants in return. Goalie/top 4 d-man should be in their sights. Could possibly go after Bernier and Scuderi, since they love old slow d-men.
    hey, Scuderi is our old slow guy, no fair trying to stockpile them all

I really like our defensemen, if Voynov can figure out that the puck is not supposed to bounce off of him and into his own net then we're set

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Wow you guys are missing probably the deepest most well rounded team,The Bruins. They had the most players playing over seas, Seguin looking to break out this year, Tuukka looking great, and a stud rookie defensemen in Hamilton with Chara. The are also a young intact team. The only question is a third line wing. Not to mention Horton coming back. The grit is there and they will be.able to score better. I wish they would trade Krecji for Iginla though. The Bs are primed for.another cup.
    God, I hate Dougie Hamilton. I think he's a selfish player who makes terrible decisions. That was at the junior level, he could do well at the NHL but I don't think he is good at all. As for that trade, as much as I would just absolutely love that, it's not a good deal for Boston what so ever. Jarome only has 1 more year where he -might- produce more than Krecji but I'm not so sure anymore. You don't want to just give up a young centerman for an aging superstar who's prime is over and at the tail end of his career. Finding a replacement center who will be as good as him would be almost impossible. I'm also a firm believer that Krecji is the key to Boston post season success. When he got injured 2 years ago vs Philly for that comeback series, that was the turning point for sure. Last year he didn't produce but no one else did really. He has to be a horse for when Lucic's big nose and Marchands shit eating grin don't do anything, they at least have someone to carry their offense.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Actually due to me being a Wings fan, I've been able to watch a lot of Chicago games. Hjalmarsson is a very solid top 6, it's just that's not very good when he's your third best. Chicago also gave up 2.82 GAA per game, yeah that amazing defense is really showing. You had a worse defense than the Flyers... Let that sink in.

Also come on, we're all adults, we can value someones opinion even if they are from a rival team.
    2.82 GAA with what you already described as a bottom 5 goalie. CC was atrocious last year and we all know that. He has to be better this year and I think he has the capacity to be better. Keith and Seabrook both struggled to get healthy last year (Keith missed 8 games and Seabrook posted a 3 year low of 24 TOI). To blame what turned out to be league's 22nd defense in terms of GAA on the defense is just plain silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    48 games starting January 19th. 18 games against division opponents with the other 30 against the remaining 10 teams in your conference. No cross-conference games (fucking gay).

Not going to lie, I can really see the Wings having a shot at missing the playoffs this year with this schedule after 21 years in a row. That is going to be brutal for Detroit and Columbus. They get to play 26 games in their own time zone (24 home, 2 road @ each other). Can't wait for realignment next year. Really rooting for the 3 or 4 division format with top 16 teams getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    48 games starting January 19th. 18 games against division opponents with the other 30 against the remaining 10 teams in your conference. No cross-conference games (fucking gay).

Not going to lie, I can really see the Wings having a shot at missing the playoffs this year with this schedule after 21 years in a row. That is going to be brutal for Detroit and Columbus.
    And Winnipeg.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    And Winnipeg.
    Ya but no one expects anything from the Peg plus they are screwed by the lack of realignment regardless of schedule.

Is there any pre-season to speak of? Exhibition games? Lockout excluded, of course.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think so

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Is there any pre-season to speak of? Exhibition games? Lockout excluded, of course.
    Nope. Camps will likely start this weekend or early next week and then jump right into games. There was a push for one preseason game but I'm pretty sure that is dead now.

Someone thought Iggy was Aboriginal? Really? Considering he's been totted as the best black player to ever play the game, I think people would have realized, you know, hes black.

And yea, no pre season. Camp and straight into the season. And really, conference only games? Man.. that sucks. Only chance I get to see the Leaf's play is when they come out west.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Not going to lie, I can really see the Wings having a shot at missing the playoffs this year with this schedule after 21 years in a row. That is going to be brutal for Detroit and Columbus. They get to play 26 games in their own time zone (24 home, 2 road @ each other). Can't wait for realignment next year. Really rooting for the 3 or 4 division format with top 16 teams getting in.
    What's the latest on realignment? The last I remember hearing the players were vehemently against it and it wasn't likely to happen.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya but no one expects anything from the Peg plus they are screwed by the lack of realignment regardless of schedule.
    Ah fuck em, they can stay bottom feeders in the east as far as I am concerned. You honestly aren't going to get the alignment much better unless you swap Detroit and Winnipeg, but if you want to complain about alignment, how about when the Leafs were in the West years ago? That was probably the worst configuration ever, a team so freaking close to the East coast playing teams in California, playing in Vancouver and the prairie provinces, among others as part of their away games.

Central could get wild this year thats alot of games packed together. Red Wings, Preds, Chicago, ST. Louis, could be won by anyone, especially if someone's goalie gets hot.

I'm against realignment as well with the suggestions that were made in the past, but they do need to swap Winnipeg and Nashville or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    What's the latest on realignment? The last I remember hearing the players were vehemently against it and it wasn't likely to happen.
    The players were only against it as a negotiating tactic. They recognize the league needs to be realigned badly. They will start discussing it later this year and it will almost certainly be implemented for next season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Your Red Wings bias is seaping from your pores. Hjalmarsson is a very underrated defensemen and at 25 he is just entering his prime. I mean of course the 5-6 defensemen are going to be old and slow, that's why they get 5-10mins max on the ice every game. Name a team that has 5-6 potential Norris winners? There isn't one. I'll take Keith/Seabrook/Hjalmarsson over any teams' trio of top defensemen.
    ummm...Last season the Blackhawks ended with 238 goals against. that was 9th highest.

Call me biased or not, the numbers show that your defense and goaltending is lacking.

15+ Year Old Account
    WTF? The Leafs apparently just fired Burke. Why the fuck would you fire your GM just before the season starts and not, I don't know, during the 4 months of fucking lockout?!

WTF? The Leafs apparently just fired Burke. Why the fuck would you fire your GM just before the season starts and not, I don't know, during the 4 months of fucking lockout?!
    Errr... Source?
    If it's true, it's ridiculous though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Errr... Source?
    If it's true, it's ridiculous though.
    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Toronto Maple Leafs have apparently fired Brian Burke as general manager. Working on official confirmations.

(This is like the millionth time I have wondered this, but why does this message board system not have a Tweet plugin code of some sort?)

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Toronto Maple Leafs have apparently fired Brian Burke as general manager. Working on official confirmations.

(This is like the millionth time I have wondered this, but why does this message board system not have a Tweet plugin code of some sort?)

Looks like others are reporting it now too.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads
    http://www.thestar.com/breakingnews/...e-fired-report

/facepalm