15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    this is fair to the west how?
    Minnesota travels 31,000 miles. New Jersey travels 11,000. It isn't fair, never was going to be. I absolutely think they should do away with conferences and divisions in a shortened season like this and play a round robin against 29 other teams with your remaining 19 as doubles (in the other team's building from the first game) and try and balance it as much as possible. Outside of games in Winnipeg (or every game Winnipeg plays on the road), the East never has to leave their time zone. The West is going to be playing across four time zones every single night. It is sadly the state of the league imbalance.

Maybe, just fucking maybe, had they included realignment in the CBA and split the league into three conferences like it should be (top 16 getting into the playoffs), the travel and start time disparity wouldn't be so god fucking terrible. But nah, lets just kick that can down the road because we didn't start really negotiating the CBA until late December after half the season was cancelled. That is why the smart money is on an Eastern team to win the Finals. The Western teams are going to be dead by the playoffs with this condensed schedule and massive travel time, especially with all the back to backs (the Wings and Hawks play TWENTY FOUR back to back games)

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Can't believe that is still going on lol.

Chris Pronger is almost certainly never going to lace them up again. He is going to stay with the Philly organization doing video work, but he isn't expected to ever suit up again. Sad day. Goodbye to the last of the 90s-2000s defensive titans (since Nick retired this summer). I don't think there is a single player I absolutely hated more but still respected.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...er-s-struggles

That's an article from today's Toronto Star with an update on the case. Probably won't go to trial until later this year it sounds like. From what I can remember one of the reasons for the delay was fully find out what's wrong with Moore so they can sue Bertuzzi for that. They didn't want to sue him say for 10 million and find out later he needed 20 million in medical care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Minnesota travels 31,000 miles. New Jersey travels 11,000. It isn't fair, never was going to be. I absolutely think they should do away with conferences and divisions in a shortened season like this and play a round robin against 29 other teams with your remaining 19 as doubles (in the other team's building from the first game) and try and balance it as much as possible. Outside of games in Winnipeg (or every game Winnipeg plays on the road), the East never has to leave their time zone. The West is going to be playing across four time zones every single night. It is sadly the state of the league imbalance.

Maybe, just fucking maybe, had they included realignment in the CBA and split the league into three conferences like it should be (top 16 getting into the playoffs), the travel and start time disparity wouldn't be so god fucking terrible. But nah, lets just kick that can down the road because we didn't start really negotiating the CBA until late December after half the season was cancelled. That is why the smart money is on an Eastern team to win the Finals. The Western teams are going to be dead by the playoffs with this condensed schedule and massive travel time, especially with all the back to backs (the Wings and Hawks play TWENTY FOUR back to back games)
    screw that. screw conferences based on time zones. lets do things the NFL style. time zone has nothing to do with what coference your in.

well this scheduling blatently hurts the West a LOT.
    the west owns 9 of the top 10 in miles traveled (and all 15 are in the top 17, to put that in perspective, the Jets are the only team in the top 10, with the 8th most miles traveled, the Panthers are 11th, and the other 13 teams in teh East? travel the least miles out of any team).
    and on top of this the west owns 5 of 7 teams that play 10 or more sets of back to back with the east owning 5 of 6 teams doing 7 or less games...

I don't like it, but I suppose it's fair in the sense that all the other teams they'll be playing (except in the Stanley Cup finals) will be at just as much of a disadvantage?

well this scheduling blatently hurts the West a LOT.
    the west owns 9 of the top 10 in miles traveled (and all 15 are in the top 17, to put that in perspective, the Jets are the only team in the top 10, with the 8th most miles traveled, the Panthers are 11th, and the other 13 teams in teh East? travel the least miles out of any team).
    and on top of this the west owns 5 of 7 teams that play 10 or more sets of back to back with the east owning 5 of 6 teams doing 7 or less games...

Anyone who know hockey knows that most teams in the West have to travel more. It's just the way it's set up and has been set up for years. It sucks, but it's just the way it is. They'd have to completely revamp the schedule to make travel more balanced, but that won't be happening this year at least. I know there was some crazy new format that was supposed to be introduced, but then was shot down by the NHLPA. It made the travel much more balanced. We'll see what happens though. It can't stay like this forever.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2013-01-14 at 09:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    screw that. screw conferences based on time zones. lets do things the NFL style. time zone has nothing to do with what coference your in.
    That works real well. When you play 16 games per year and 1 per week... We could do that in the NHL and just play every Tuesday or something. With 41 travel games in a normal year though there has to be geographical concentration on divisions and conferences or you have to add a couple months to the season not to completely kill every team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida Panthers season tickets start at $7 per game. This includes free parking AND a free Panthers sweater. Wow. I want that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Florida Panthers season tickets start at $7 per game. This includes free parking AND a free Panthers sweater. Wow. I want that.
    Dude WTF! $7! $168 for the entire damn season. Assuming you mean a decent sweater that is probably $50-75 right there. Parking to each game is who the hell knows. It is like $10-20 for Wings games. YOU ARE SAVING MONEY BY BUYING AN ENTIRE SEASON TICKET THAN A SINGLE RED WINGS GAME.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    God those southern teams are desperate out of the lockout. Most of the Canadian + big American markets will probably see ticket INCREASES and teams like Florida and Tampa have ridiculous low prices. The 200$ for Lightning season tickets would be awesome, you get to see one of the best players in the world play + the team is looking like it has a chance to do some damage this year at least. Coulden't ask for much more if you lived there.

10+ Year Old Account
    they have to give sweaters away in Florida

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    God those southern teams are desperate out of the lockout. Most of the Canadian + big American markets will probably see ticket INCREASES and teams like Florida and Tampa have ridiculous low prices. The 200$ for Lightning season tickets would be awesome, you get to see one of the best players in the world play + the team is looking like it has a chance to do some damage this year at least. Coulden't ask for much more if you lived there.
    Holy shit Tampa season tickets are only $200? Sometimes I really, really hate living in Michigan. (Although technically if it all works out I will be bandwagoning the eventual Seattle expansion/relocation club when I move there).

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit Tampa season tickets are only $200? Sometimes I really, really hate living in Michigan. (Although technically if it all works out I will be bandwagoning the eventual Seattle expansion/relocation club when I move there).
    season tickets gets you better seats then the regular tickets in detroit do as well...

this is why i hate revenue sharing. why do we have to share money with teams that charge 10$ per ticket? thats absurd.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're garbage seats.

My boss bought me 2 pairs... 4 rows from the ice, between blue line and center...each ticket was over $100.

Still, not bad compared to my home town of Boston. Mediocre seats are $250.

Premium season tickets this year for Tampa Bay are about $2k.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-01-14 at 11:14 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Premium season tickets this year for Tampa Bay are about $2k.
    Even that's pretty damn cheap...

Yea I made the gamble and picked up Teemu since he's been a ppg forever despite his age. THis schedule should help him out even more.

Actually, I kind of picked my whole fantasy team off the basis that the season wouldn't start and fucked up in a lot of places (picking 9 centers for one)
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really sure...

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 10:29 PM ----------

A classic case of subtrolling of pro sports social media staff.

Deleted
    I wonder if I should throw in 15$ that Columbus will win Stanley Cup this year

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I wonder if I should throw in 15$ that Columbus will win Stanley Cup this year
    only if you like losing money.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs writer Mike Ulmer wrote a good article on why they should play Reimer in this shortened season instead of trading for Luongo. The Leafs have 74 days from the start of the season until the trade deadline to decide whether or not they will be playoff bound, if Reimer can lead them into a comfortable playoff position with the team as a whole playing well, they should easily be able to get into the post season. In terms of seeding in the East this year, your post season locks are Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and the New York Rangers. If Reimer is the real deal and can snag them approximately 24-28 wins in their first 36 games before the trade deadline (with their last game being on the 30th of March, the deadline is on the 3rd of April), there is no reason not to move forward with him as the starter, in the remaining 14 games they would only have to to win half the games to make the playoffs. A healthy Reimer was 24-10-6 with a 2.63 GAA and a .920 Save %, whereas Luongo is lifetime 2.52 GAA and .919 Save % on a team that was better defensively at the time. It would be a tough push to make the playoffs, but if Reimer is actually the real deal, there is no sense in trading for Luongo.
    And really, what is there to lose for Leafs fans? If Reimer isn't the real deal, then they can tank and get MacKinnon or Jones.

15+ Year Old Account

Forgot to link this Thursday. DGB and Bloge are just the best.