15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Flames pick up former Wing Joey McDonald to be their backup. Enjoy Calgary. He isn't good.
    hes better then the other backup we had last year. what was his name again?

"the League could not determine conclusively that Grabovski bit Montreal forward Max Pacioretty."
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

IMO it should have read "The league could not determine conclusively that Grabovski was able to breathe at the time."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flames pick up former Wing Joey McDonald to be their backup. Enjoy Calgary. He isn't good.
    He probably won't play a game anyways.

The more I think about it, they probably got an offer for Leland Irving and want someone who is a bit more experienced in the backup role than Danny Taylor who is currently backing up Irving. Leland wasn't completely terrible in the 2 games + 1 period that he played and I'm assuming someone out there thinks he's formidable backup material. He didn't break down in relief of Kipper vs Detroit, although he didn't face many shots at least he didn't break down on the couple of chances the Wings had in that period. He got lit up by Vancouver but the team in front of him didn't play very good and he did make some great saves - just coulden't make the timely ones. This is going to be disappointing though, another first round pick that's a bust. He was looking great in the AHL a couple years ago, not quite sure what happened a long the way but he hardly played during the lockout, so I'm sure that didn't help his development much. Somewhere something went wrong for Leland Irving and the Flames.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-11 at 09:06 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    "the League could not determine conclusively that Grabovski bit Montreal forward Max Pacioretty."
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

IMO it should have read "The league could not determine conclusively that Grabovski was able to breathe at the time."

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
    MTL police to open up charges against Grabo for biting. This will be tacked onto the rape charges from Saturday night in MTL. Police are still searching for any whereabouts of the Canadiens balls. #MontrealDroppedtheSoap

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    hes better then the other backup we had last year. what was his name again?
    I honestly don't remember. Not Tommy McCollum, there was like a legit pro guy. Wait was Conk in the D last year?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
    MTL police to open up charges against Grabo for biting. This will be tacked onto the rape charges from Saturday night in MTL. Police are still searching for any whereabouts of the Canadiens balls. #MontrealDroppedtheSoap
    lol I love it! Seriously though, I'd split my sides open laughing if they pressed charges against Grabs. I guess Shanny figured that since there was no blood, that it wasn't severe enough to warrant a punishment. What I found amusing is that Pacioretty reportedly had a tetanus shot today, acting like Grabs might have rabies or something. But you never know, the Leafs were all over the Habs like a pack of wild hounds.

I really wish that NBC Sports and the NHL network had more games on regularly. Bruins aren't playing tonight so I don't have that to watch on the local channel. But, I have no plans and was thinking about just relaxing, having a few brews, and watching a game, figured the Leafs/Flyers game might be on, cause that should be a pretty good game. But, just looked and neither NBCS or NHLN are showing a game tonight. And this isn't the first time this has happened. More out of market games should be made available for people to watch on a regular basis.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't remember. Not Tommy McCollum, there was like a legit pro guy. Wait was Conk in the D last year?
    yeah Conklin. Dude was beyond terrible.
    honest question for you. where has irony gone? dude dropped off the face of the earth.

Maybe he gave up on Detroit after the first game against STL, the St Louis-blowout and became a Blues-fan?
    Now he's in a hole.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Maybe he gave up on Detroit after the first game against STL, the St Louis-blowout and became a Blues-fan?
    Now he's in a hole.
    no he posted after the loss to calgary, which was after we beat STL.

You've had time to beat STL as well? This season. What can I say?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    You've had time to beat STL as well? This season. What can I say?
    weve played STL 3 times already and play them again on wednesday...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I really wish that NBC Sports and the NHL network had more games on regularly. Bruins aren't playing tonight so I don't have that to watch on the local channel. But, I have no plans and was thinking about just relaxing, having a few brews, and watching a game, figured the Leafs/Flyers game might be on, cause that should be a pretty good game. But, just looked and neither NBCS or NHLN are showing a game tonight. And this isn't the first time this has happened. More out of market games should be made available for people to watch on a regular basis.
    See, this is part of the problem with broadcasting of hockey games, it's worse in America then it is in Canada, but it's pretty restricted as it is here. Games are region locked and blacked out even if you have the SportsNet family of channels which is retarded since you are paying for all of them, you shouldn't be restricted just because of where you live. To me it seems more like franchises trying to maintain fans in their region, which is humorous since there are Leafs fans all over North America. The only out of market games we get to watch are on CBC and TSN and even then, CBC restricts it to your broadcast region and you get one of the later games involving one of the western Canadian teams, usually the Canucks as games in Alberta start around the time of the 3rd period of games in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    See, this is part of the problem with broadcasting of hockey games, it's worse in America then it is in Canada, but it's pretty restricted as it is here. Games are region locked and blacked out even if you have the SportsNet family of channels which is retarded since you are paying for all of them, you shouldn't be restricted just because of where you live. To me it seems more like franchises trying to maintain fans in their region, which is humorous since there are Leafs fans all over North America. The only out of market games we get to watch are on CBC and TSN and even then, CBC restricts it to your broadcast region and you get one of the later games involving one of the western Canadian teams, usually the Canucks as games in Alberta start around the time of the 3rd period of games in the East.
    That just doesn't make sense to me. Like, I understand why a team would want to maintain fans in their own region and try and draw in fans who will actually attend the games. But, the NHL as a whole should be working on drawing in fans of the sport in general, not just fans of a particular team. There are a good amount of people in Boston for instance who watch Bruins games on TV all the time, and go to some games, but couldn't tell you anything about the other teams in the league. Part of that is the fact that it's difficult to watch games other than Bruins games. By opening up more games to out of market regions, it could help to increase TV ratings and help increase the strength of the sport as a whole by creating fans of Hockey, not just fans of particular teams.

I'm gonna compare it to football, which I know isn't fair because each team only plays once a week, but it helps to make a point. I sit down every Sunday during football season and watch the Patriots game, plus whatever other game is on before or after depending on the time. Then I watch the prime time games Sunday and Monday night. I'm a Patriots fan, but I'm also a fan of the sport. The same is true for Hockey. I'm a Bruins fan first and foremost, but I'm also a fan of the sport. I'll sit down whenever I have free time and watch a game if I can. But, it pisses me off on nights like tonight where I want to sit down and watch a game but I can't because none are playing in my region.

With all that said, does anybody have a stream for the Leafs/Flyers game tonight. I have Reimer in fantasy hockey, and I'd really like to watch him play tonight

Deleted
    Oh.. My.. GOD!!! We are under 0-1 against Columbus.. sigh

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Columbus is giving some teams trouble so far. It's just a team that works really hard but doesn't have the skill to actually be good. They're really the definition of a lunch pail team and I was looking at their roster before our game with them - it's an entire team of 3rd line players. Bobrovski has been solid too which helps them a bunch but they need some draft luck here. They have had 1 really good pick in their entire franchise history and he's gone. I feel bad because they're one of the teams who have actually drafted worse than the Flames. I don't know much about their organization but who ever is in charge of scouting better get their shit together. What's the point of having this perennial bad team that doesn't have a strong fan following. Calgary as a team sucks and isn't headed anywhere quick, but at least we have fans who will buy tickets and go to all the games. Get the Blue Jackets a real GM with real scouting staff, possibly a coaching change and make that team not useless/worthless. I feel like with a "decent" team they could generate a good fan base in Columbus.

Also I wish CBC would take more games. I know HNIC has traditionally been on Saturdays but they should really consider picking up weekly games. It's by far my favourite broadcast and I like their production team. The announcers aren't that bias (except P.J. Stock talking about Crosby, wow) and I prefer their colour commentator's who provide you with analysis on various players in the game. Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday would be great.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the actual fuck? Rick DiPietro is actually playing hockey again?

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah Conklin. Dude was beyond terrible.
    honest question for you. where has irony gone? dude dropped off the face of the earth.
    Probably shoveling snow. Doesn't he live in Buffalo or something lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully that Reimer injury isn't too bad. And god damn, everytime I watch the Leafs they destroy teams. Maybe I should watch them more often.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-12 at 01:18 AM.

you can tell your teams goaltending sucks when they have a website totally dedicated to tracking shutouts...
    shut outs are overrated or maybe its just because im a Bruins fan lol

Hawks Bruins Stanley cup finals would be sexxy as hell

also there are plenty of websites where you can watch hockey games for free
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2013-02-12 at 01:29 AM.