10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    YOU HAVE NO IDEA!
    yes indeed, since this thread has become a Red Wings pity party

15+ Year Old Account
    actually if the rumored new allignment works out, most the wings issues are solved (Travel gets lowered, games ending late gets lowered, we move to the "east" as promised ages ago.). ill be quite happy.

Phaneuf pokes Hartnell and it's interference.
    JVR gets thrown into the net in front of a ref and no call.
    Zero accountability reffing in this league.

actually if the rumored new allignment works out, most the wings issues are solved (Travel gets lowered, games ending late gets lowered, we move to the "east" as promised ages ago.). ill be quite happy.
    Man you're right! I am a big Detroit fan and hope they get moved over to the East. Makes so much more sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynet View Post
    Man you're right! I am a big Detroit fan and hope they get moved over to the East. Makes so much more sense.
    nod, and more of our "traditional" rivals are over there.

10+ Year Old Account
    im more concerned with the sheer amount of rebounds howard hasbeen giving up.
    And if he wasn't playing behind a patchwork defense, we could clear more than 0 rebounds a game. Carey Price has worse rebound control, yet he gets 3 all-star games. Why? Because his defense knows how to clear a puck. Welcome to the Kipper/Miller scenario, where the shitty defense, can't make up for the 2 mistakes a game their goalie makes.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Carey Price got 3 allstar games because he's a better goalie than Jimmy Howard not because his defense is better (which is arguable, have you not seen Montreal D the last few years?). Maybe this year his rebound control isn't great but in the past it has not been anything of concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Carey Price got 3 allstar games because he's a better goalie than Jimmy Howard not because his defense is better (which is arguable, have you not seen Montreal D the last few years?). Maybe this year his rebound control isn't great but in the past it has not been anything of concern.
    Montreal's defense was not better than Detroit's defense the past 3 season, which is why Jimmy had fantastic numbers (Mediocre sophomore season). This season comes along and his defense is giving up a lot of odd man rushes, not covering the man in the slot and is not helping with rebounds. Also Price's rebound control has always been his question mark, his defense and the rest of his game make up for it.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man that Edmonton team is fast. Scary one tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Man that Edmonton team is fast. Scary one tonight.
    that final power play they had was pure terrible though. they spent more time on the defensive then the offensive, tried to be too cute with there passes.

10+ Year Old Account
    the 3rd period of the Kings/Ducks game was brutal, it was like the Blues series all over again, the Ducks got absolutely crushed, looking forward to the Red Wings game

15+ Year Old Account
    the kings have been great of late, i am looking forward to a great game with them.

So we go from two shutouts in a row to putting up 5 goals, lord help us. Josi with 2 goals and 2 Assists and the rest of the Vets played pretty well. Apparently things were going bad until Erat put a stick in Weber's mush and got him mad. I think we need to smack him every night if it will help them score like this.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    How has Boston played 6 fewer games than Philadelphia at this point? I know they had the one postponed game with Tampa Bay but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    How has Boston played 6 fewer games than Philadelphia at this point? I know they had the one postponed game with Tampa Bay but still...
    Don't worry, we'll be playing almost every other night during March so it will even out. If I'm remembering correctly, throughout the month of March there will only be one instance where we have more than one night off in a row.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets talk about Emery and Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Lets talk about Emery and Crawford
    I'm hoping Emery stays in for Fantasy reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    so East fans, what do you think about the Wings potentially moving to the East next year (in a division with toronto, boston, montreal, ottawa, florida, tampa, and buffalo).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    so East fans, what do you think about the Wings potentially moving to the East next year (in a division with toronto, boston, montreal, ottawa, florida, tampa, and buffalo).
    I am fine with that. Losing Winnipeg makes the West a shittier conference (yay, Vancouver can pad their points total more and still lose in the 1st round!) and the East gets slightly better. I think the timing might be more ideal for Detroit, especially if they are looking at breaking it all down for a few years and do a rebuild in the near future, getting to the bottom would be a lot easier as a lot of the teams in the East are riddled with talent while there are really only two offensive threats in the West in Vancouver and Chicago. Detroit might even struggle having to face teams that are more powerful offensively, it's hard to play a shut down and defensive focused game in the East and still dominate other teams, but you never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gagne is back in Philly