Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I actually like us going into the playoffs sitting around 3rd/4th in the West much more than I like going in as the winner of the PT. It just feels more comfortable in the middle of the pack, and lets me hope that there might be less backlash against the team during the playoffs.

Seriously, you guys don't understand what it's like to be an actual Vancouver fan (who wants them to clean their cheap shit up) in Vancouver during the playoffs. You're either in a drunken mass of hockey-ignorant rose-colored-glasses-wearing bandwagoning fools who have no idea what's going on and who give the team a lot of its bad off-ice reputation, or you're being ostracized by those same people in your own city for cheering for your home team when they're not doing so well or, heaven forbid, they get knocked out. It's ludicrous and really really frustrating at times.

I stand by my opinion that it's honestly easier to be a fan of nearly any other club in Vancouver than it is to be a fan of the home team - there's just so many hipsters in the city who subscribe to the "cheering for them ironically" or "cheering for the visiting teams is less mainstream" mentalities that they form the bulk of strangers you ever talk to about hockey.

My hometown needs to smarten the fuck up and get over itself. I love the team, but I hate our fans/not fans/whateverthefucktheyare.

Rant over, apologies. I've been dealing with Vancouver citizens smugly telling me they hope Chicago wins all day.
    If more Canucks fans were like you I wouldn't have been cheering when Tim Thomas took the cup from them.

Edit: By more I mean "majority of". I should clarify that I think there are plenty of decent Canucks fans, but just so many more obnoxious ones.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-04-22 at 11:23 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hate Canuck fans, they're god damn everywhere here. The crowd on Canuck/Flames game days are almost a 60/40 split. And half of them are bandwagon fans who didn't care about the team before their cup run. The worst are those douchebags who wear Canuck jerseys to games that don't even involve them and they always have some retarded NW division comment to make. I'll admit chirping them makes the games more enjoyable to be at, usually drop a Bertuzzi line or two to get them mad because their only comeback is "your team sucks!". As for the actual product on the ice, I don't hate Vancouver. Watching the Sedins is incredible, could you imagine a Hank-Dan-Datsyuk line? The bandwagon fans really ruin the image for your team because they aren't actually as dirty or diving as they used to be or even as people make them out to be.

And don't get me started on the Luongo hating fans, are you fucking kidding me? I'd be god damn thrilled to have a goalie that good and a 1-1a situation where the other guy is dynamite too.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-04-22 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Fucking hate Canuck fans, they're god damn everywhere here. The crowd on Canuck/Flames game days are almost a 60/40 split. And half of them are bandwagon fans who didn't care about the team before their cup run. The worst are those douchebags who wear Canuck jerseys to games that don't even involve them and they always have some retarded NW division comment to make. I'll admit chirping them makes the games more enjoyable to be at, usually drop a Bertuzzi line or two to get them mad because their only comeback is "your team sucks!". As for the actual product on the ice, I don't hate Vancouver. Watching the Sedins is incredible, could you imagine a Hank-Dan-Datsyuk line? The bandwagon fans really ruin the image for your team because they aren't actually as dirty or diving as they used to be or even as people make them out to be.
    You have my sincere apologies for my presence here.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I should have clarified, I hate those specific fans that you hate too. A hockey fan is a hockey fan until they're only watching a team because they are good. I can respect anyone who watches because they love their team and love the sport, regardless of what team they cheer for. And I mean being a true Canuck fan can't be that bad, you have an actual quality team to watch that can out-weigh the bandwagoners.

Time to watch Detroit get massively screwed over by the refs because that happens every game!
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-04-22 at 11:47 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz Red Wings fans, you guys just might see your team in the playoffs. You know what would be awesome?

1. Chicago vs 8. Detroit
    2. Boston vs 7. New York
    4. Montreal vs 5. Toronto

Original Six first round? The NHL would be all over that like flies on horse dung for a story. That would be huge for league TV revenue as well, having six of your most popular and longest running franchises in the post season. It's most likely to happen too. Ottawa is losing tonight, the Rangers play Florida again and can easily pickup another win, moving them into 7th place, though Ottawa will have a temporary game at hand. With the way Ottawa has been playing lately, they are risking missing the playoffs right now, maybe reality finally has sunk in? If Winnipeg wins tonight, they could potentially catch Ottawa if they continue losing.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-04-23 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Gratz Red Wings fans, you guys just might see your team in the playoffs. You know what would be awesome?

1. Chicago vs 8. Detroit
    2. Boston vs 7. New York
    4. Montreal vs 5. Toronto

Original Six first round? The NHL would be all over that like flies on horse dung for a story. That would be huge for league TV revenue as well, having six of your most popular and longest running franchises in the post season. It's most likely to happen too. Ottawa is losing tonight, the Rangers play Florida again and can easily pickup another win, moving them into 7th place, though Ottawa will have a temporary game at hand. With the way Ottawa has been playing lately, they are risking missing the playoffs right now, maybe reality finally has sunk in? If Winnipeg wins tonight, they could potentially catch Ottawa if they continue losing.
    Sens (Capitals/Flyers/Bruins) have a much harder schedule than Rangers (Florida/Wardless Canes/Devils). Rangers look like they are capable of winning out with the chemistry they've found recently and based on how the Sens have played recently, I'd put money on the Flyers. I'm just hoping Jets start to choke as well, but unfortunately they're doing a good job of pushing OT's lately.

Also, pretty sure Bettman and Co. don't really care about the original six nearly as much as the recent expansion teams. They're probably salivating over Columbus and NYI getting into the post season and crying about Phoenix and NJ.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-04-23 at 01:30 AM.

Screw the 2 seed in the east... The Sens and Rags both scare me in the first round, I'll take Toronto instead! And, Bruins can completely decide their own fate with the remaining schedule. Having the very last game of the season, and it being against Ottawa should give us the chance to pretty much choose which seed we want based on match ups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ducks are probably gonna clinch the division tonight, which means the Kings will be locked in at #4-#6 which means they probably face the Sharks or Canucks, which is kind of boring since our first round opponent the last 3 years has been one of those two

slight chance it would be the Blues, which I would welcome considering how badly owned by the Kings they are

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit that goal by Daniel was amazing 0.0

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 04:33 AM ----------

wow the ref lost schneider his 6th shutout.
    Last edited by Epuration; 2013-04-23 at 03:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    No matter that there wasn't an injury to follow and it hit the hip, I really hope Duncan Keith gets a suspension for that double-hander.
    I suspect he won't though.
    I would be surprised if it even gets looked at.

15+ Year Old Account
    I said it before the start of the season and I'll say it again:

The Kings are at least going to the cup final, if not win it again.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hawks played a really bad game last night, and just got smoked. Keith's blatant whack at Sedin was ridiculously childish. Sad such a poor display of sportsmanship came from my team who really has no reason to bitch considering where they are. But I guess it doesn't matter a team sees a loss as a loss regardless of where they stand.

Anyhow, I don't know if it's ever been asked or talked about but does anyone have NHL12 or NHL13 for PS3 and wanna play some online game sometime?
    You can add me if you'd like: Knails418

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to buy EA games and won't buy an NHL game until the league stops being assholes and giving EA exclusive rights to the NHL name because quite frankly the NHL2K games were WAY better. Also, EA's blatant disregard and disrespect for PC gamer's as well as the Wii U shows how little they give a fuck about their customers and potential sales.

Also, just a reminder for Sens fans who might be lurking this thread:

10+ Year Old Account
    While I would agree with most sports games 2k is better, hockey is not one of them. I've always love the EA versions of NHL.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    God what an obnoxious song and I don't even like Ottawa. Huge game for the Jets tonight, hopin' for a good one. If the Flames win tonight our pick falls from 7th to possibly 10th but I'm proud of them for not just rolling over like a couple of those teams..

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really liked any of them since the '94-'96 days

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    While I would agree with most sports games 2k is better, hockey is not one of them. I've always love the EA versions of NHL.
    Prior to the skill stick, 2K absolutely rocked EA in hockey. No question. After that, exact opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Prior to the skill stick, 2K absolutely rocked EA in hockey. No question. After that, exact opposite.
    But I loved NHL 2002! It was one of the only games I ever owned on a PS2 since I was a broke college kid lol I played that game for 5 years though, and switched to 2007 because of what you said ... skill stick is great.

How about the news that Karlsson might play as early as Thursday against the Capitals? What a fast recovery.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate watching games with the other team's announcers, every time Dustin Brown hits somebody I think they're gonna drown in crocodile tears