10+ Year Old Account
    Oh absolutely, the OT goal against Schneider was awkward and soft, and our defense was caught standing, likely because they were so upset about the call. I really do feel like there need to be some sort of publicly known repercussions or fines against referees that make blatantly and grievously incorrect penalty calls.

I accept that my team needs a shakeup badly and has a lot of issues to sort out, and I also accept that we need to clean up our game and stay away from the excessive talking that we so love to do. But losing this game, on this absolutely BS call, really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Looking forward to a change.

(And let's go Detroit, because my hometown isn't Vancouver - it's Victoria Any Wings fans understand?)
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2013-05-08 at 06:10 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vancouver got absolutely shit on in penalties. Wasn't it like 24 SJ PP's to like 10ish for Vancouver? And you other fans complain about reffing LOL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I really do feel like there need to be some sort of publicly known repercussions or fines against referees that make blatantly and grievously incorrect penalty calls.
    Imagine watching a Shanahan video of blown ref calls.

"During the first period, the Columbus Blue Jackets scored a goal against the Phoenix Coyotes. As the replay shows, Columbus had 7 players on the ice. The linesman that missed this has received several fines like this in the past, and is considered a repeat offender. He has been fined $5000."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I truly believe Canucks are the better team, but we had even less people show up for these playoffs then we did last year. Against the Kings, we had Schneider, Luongo and Henrik show up. This year, Luongo showed up, and Kesler and Burrows showed up for one game each. Schneider was average, and looked awkward this game. A lot of rebounds, out of position a lot, and then dropping his stick with no one around him.

We need to get Linden out of retirement. He does playoff hockey.
    Being the better team means your whole team shows up to compete every night. They didn't, so there is no way they were the better team. On paper, that can be debated because San Jose has a good amount of talent on that roster and for once guys like Marleau actually decided to play for once, they had a chance at winning. They have a pretty solid team in San Jose with a deep core and they played well because of it. Vancouver played like shit at both ends of the ice, there is no arguing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey,hey goodbye.......Kevin Bieksa tried to whine his way to a win.The Gillis tactic didnt work

Meh San Jose finally ran into a team that chokes more than they do so they will get to move on. I'm guessing Vancouver does some serious moving around during the off season, including the coach.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd watch out for San Jose, beating up on the Canucks is a good way to build momentum, it worked for LA last year

10+ Year Old Account
    You think Vokoun will be in net for the Pens tomorrow? I'd put him in. MAF is just pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure Byslma can survive 3 straight first round knockouts, I'd look for him to make a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    You think Vokoun will be in net for the Pens tomorrow? I'd put him in. MAF is just pathetic.
    I think Disco dances with the date he brought and sticks with Fleury, for better or worse. There is no guarantee Vokoun plays better (though he may not be able to play worse), and he hasn't seen action in two weeks.

Plus, I think everyone is freaking out way more than they need to be, and while Fleury has struggled, they defense has also been terrible at clearing out pucks in front of him, which has lead to a goals last night and in game 3. The series is only 2-2. Obviously Pens fans would prefer 3-1, but it's now best of 3 with the pens having home ice advantage. Additionally, the upside (at least in my mind) is that I don't think the Islanders can play much better than they have been, while the Pens have played like garbage and have room for improvement, and it's still only 2-2. If they can figure out how to slow the game down a bit, they should be fine. This definitely isn't the way we wanted the series to turn out, but it's playoff hockey. Every game is going to be difficult, and I'm not sure if now is the time to show no confidence in your goalie.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the series is at a draw, and goaltending isn't the only issue for either team, putting Vokun in net solves little.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Vokoun is a better goalie, never thought Fleury was any good. I think Fleury looked bad enough to make the switch in the next game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fleury isn't the only problem, but from what I've seen he's a massive problem, looks like a broken man, no confidence, always out of position, hanging his head...

Changing goalies puts the whole team on notice, they know it isn't all his fault, that they haven't done a good job in front of him, and making the change can motivate them to be less sloppy and awful (I'm looking at you Malkin) in their own zone.

Plus they've got a good enough backup, I'm also of the opinion that Vokoun is better than Fleury, to make the change and not look crazy for it. If they did leave him in they'd better have a quick hook ready, but 2 goals early could be enough to wreck things, so I'd rather make the change decisively.

Bobrovsky, Lundqvist, and Niemi are the Vezina finalist. If Bob doesn't win, then something is seriously messed up. Huge snub to Rask though... He has a better SV%, better GAA, and more shutouts than both Niemi and Lundqvist. Absolute horseshit that he isn't a finalist over one of those two. Regardless though, even if he was, I'd still say Bob deserves it most.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That 6th Islander goal is quite possibly the worst attempt at goaltending I have ever seen in my life...

We could have 3 out of 4 teams in the West Semis as California teams. Though I really, really hope the Wings can beat the Ducks. I have no interest whatsoever in playing the Sharks next round. The Nucks may have been discombobulated but I'm sure their confiedence is still soaring after sweeping them, and I'm sure they haven't forgotten the last time we met in the playoffs 3 years ago when we swept them in the WCF when they were the 1 seed.

Go Wings!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Bobrovsky, Lundqvist, and Niemi are the Vezina finalist. If Bob doesn't win, then something is seriously messed up. Huge snub to Rask though... He has a better SV%, better GAA, and more shutouts than both Niemi and Lundqvist. Absolute horseshit that he isn't a finalist over one of those two. Regardless though, even if he was, I'd still say Bob deserves it most.
    Bobrovsky, hands down. Not only way his play fantastic but he also carried the Jackets pretty much alone to within one point of a playoff berth absolutely no one saw coming.

While Vigneault is definitely to blame for a lot of the teams' inability to do anything in their last 9 playoff games, I think a lot of this has to fall on the shoulders of Gillis as well. That guy has made some poor signings/trades for players who have been busts. Allowing this goalie 'debate' to carry into the playoffs just caused more problems for his team. He had the opportunity to maybe walk away with 2 NHL players and a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Luongo months ago, but he didn't take it, because he wanted a huge package in return. Now he has to trade Luongo for maybe a couple of 2nd/3rd round picks and maybe a prospect, or trade Schneider for a top-4 D or a prospect, as well as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Guaranteed he will not get much more than that for either of them at this point.

As for the rest of the team, the talent is obviously there in many places, the players just need to up their game when the playoffs start.

And FWIW, while I do believe they did get absolutely screwed on a couple of poor penalty calls, they also got screwed by their overall laziness. There's no way 2 Sharks should be beating any of your D to a rebound on a shot from the point on the power play when the Sharks had just entered the zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love Hank, Bobrovsky should win.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 01:41 PM ----------

Heh, Vokoun just named starter for Game 5.

Has to be seen again.

15+ Year Old Account
    typical pittsburgh antics. lose a big game in embarrasing fashion? act like 5 year olds.

and yeah, that last goal...you can't blaim that on anyone but MAF. that was straight up embarrasing. that goal alone calls for a goaltending change.