15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vickvinegar View Post
    I'm just impressed that this team keeps winning despite its injuries, if they can fix the PP and stay healthy I'll feel much better. But by the way its shaping if were another first round out its all for nothing.
    Seems like trading one of your top 3 players to Ottawa didn't slow 'em down, either.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Really hope Stamkos' injury isn't too serious. One of my favorite players in the league, have nothing but respect for that guy. Looks like it's probably a break though, which really sucks.

10+ Year Old Account

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's saying broken tibia, he'll likely miss Olympics but nothing is for sure yet. Kinda sucks but then you look at the 10 other players who can replace him anyways and it's like ehhh. I really wanted to see Crosby Stampkos though, that woulda been sick.

Flames prospects are doing great on a different note. Pick we got from Pittsburgh has 26 pts in 21 games. Guy we took from the St Louis pick has 34 pts in 21 games. The goaltender who I think will be our guy in the future is kicking ass so far in the NCAA, 1.73 GAA with .944 save %. And of course Johnny Gaudreau is raping too, 9 goals 9 games 18 pts. Lookin' good boys.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-11-12 at 01:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Everyone's saying broken tibia, he'll likely miss Olympics but nothing is for sure yet. Kinda sucks but then you look at the 10 other players who can replace him anyways and it's like ehhh. I really wanted to see Crosby Stampkos though, that woulda been sick.
    he is out Atleast, and this is minimum. 3 months. Its between 3-6 months so we will not see Stamkos in the Olympics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    The Flames have a powerhouse with Monahan and now they have a Young Kipprusoff clone in Berra....Be afraid Western Conference...Be very afraid once this team gets healthy.
    uhm what? Berra is nowhere near Kipper. he had a good opening game, but that alone came from that none knew much about the kid and did not know his weakness. they did however learn his big talent. Glove side. as chicago kept going for the glove side over and over again.
    But after that game teams could look into his playstyle and, well... the results speak for itself.
    Berra has potential of being a good goalie, but he will struggle with calgary.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, anyone remember how often teams tried to go glove side on Reimer last year and Boston did it a lot in the playoffs as well? He has fixed that up pretty well this year. What makes a good goalie is his ability to work both sides of his body to snare the puck. I see Reimer giving up less rebounds this year and an improved ability to snare the puck glove side, but I think he is weaker on the blocker side when it comes to snaring the puck and stopping the play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Heh, anyone remember how often teams tried to go glove side on Reimer last year and Boston did it a lot in the playoffs as well? He has fixed that up pretty well this year. What makes a good goalie is his ability to work both sides of his body to snare the puck. I see Reimer giving up less rebounds this year and an improved ability to snare the puck glove side, but I think he is weaker on the blocker side when it comes to snaring the puck and stopping the play.
    One of the best features with reimer has always been the gloves side so im sure you're mistaken there
    The way he position it like a baseball player is something very few goalies does but its benefitial to him as its quicker to lower the cather than to raise it.
    Corey Crawford however has one of the worst glove sides in NHL and im sure you're thinking of him

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    One of the best features with reimer has always been the gloves side so im sure you're mistaken there
    The way he position it like a baseball player is something very few goalies does but its benefitial to him as its quicker to lower the cather than to raise it.
    Corey Crawford however has one of the worst glove sides in NHL and im sure you're thinking of him
    No, Reimer had a lot of trouble last year with the glove side, he allowed some of those really bad goals last season on the glove side that he should have stopped. Thankfully, he hasn't had that problem nearly as much this year.

Worst glove hand, and probably worst NHL goalie has to be Andrew Raycroft, thankfully he is playing in some beer league in Italy. I suppose wouldn't that be a vino league since it's Italy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Reimer had a lot of difficulties on glove side and 5 hole last year (rebounds as well). It was far worse two years ago, but he seems to improve annually. So in 4 years he should be God?

To me, the differences are pretty easy to see.. most goalies these days are trained in the butterfly from a pretty young age (like junior level). That's why most have underdeveloped glove hands by the time they make it to the NHL.

Reimer's glove was horrendous in past years (much like every other Leafs' goalie under Francois Allaire). No coincidence it's started to get better since he left.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    God dammit, turned down tickets beside the penalty box tonight because I have to help a friend move

Welp, the Flyers' stars have awoken.

Beware NHL.

2 goals for Voracek tonight and 2 assists for Giroux.

Steve Mason continues his absurdly surprising season. 17 saves on 17 shots to this point. He's not a Vezina candidate unless he goes on a crazy shutout spree, but this is a strength I didn't expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Welp, the Flyers' stars have awoken.

Beware NHL.

2 goals for Voracek tonight and 2 assists for Giroux.

Steve Mason continues his absurdly surprising season. 17 saves on 17 shots to this point. He's not a Vezina candidate unless he goes on a crazy shutout spree, but this is a strength I didn't expect.
    It was only a matter of time before giroux woke up, and voracek is a future star for sure. There's plenty of time for philly to a make run for a spot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Seems like trading one of your top 3 players to Ottawa didn't slow 'em down, either.
    Yeah, i almost forgot who

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    God dammit, turned down tickets beside the penalty box tonight because I have to help a friend move
    What kind of asshole moves on game night?!

You missed a good one.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I'm of the opinion at this point that anytime Montreal goes to a shootout, they should just get it over and lose. Price is actually doing absurd this year, it's just a shame he doesn't get a lot of point production from the rest of the team to back him up. /grumble

Tampa Bay is actually kind of blowing my mind. Definitely not who I expected to be leading the division at this point, but they were playing fantastic tonight even with Stamkos out of commission.

Also obligatory whaaaaat at the Flyers shutout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick left the game with an injury, hip or groin as usual, I'm just going to curl into a ball somebody tell me when its safe to come back

maybe he'll be ok

Rolston and Regier fired in Buffalo.. about time.

- - - Updated - - -

Ted Nolan in as coach again, no GM, Pat Lafontaine President/Director of Hockey Operations

- - - Updated - - -

What's everyone's thoughts about the whole Yakupov unhappiness? I don't think they'll move him, especially if they intend to move Hemsky at some point, but something's gotta give. Either he learns to play in his own end, or trade him now while his stock is high.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand the point of firing the coach mid season. The team sucked to begin with then they traded their best player. To me you replace the coach mid season if you think there's still a shot at competing that year (Like Lavy in Philly). Not sure what you'd have to be smoking to think this Sabres roster can compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I don't really understand the point of firing the coach mid season. The team sucked to begin with then they traded their best player. To me you replace the coach mid season if you think there's still a shot at competing that year (Like Lavy in Philly). Not sure what you'd have to be smoking to think this Sabres roster can compete.
    Maybe they want the players to get used to the new coaching style so they're prepared for the following year?

We brought in Carlyle for example when we were pretty much eliminated from contention 2 years ago. Players got (somewhat) used to his style and then we finally made the playoffs last year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    if it doesent work you have to change it.
    but a bad move was what Philadelphia did. it was not Lav's fault that the results were that way. it was just the god damn useless players and "stars" on the team being in a hibernation mode.

Several teams can adapt quickly to a coaching change, mainly because they get a coach that fits the play they had before.
    Buffalo however is building for next year. this season they are not any threat to the playoffs at all. Simply because of the amount of prospects on the team.
    Just sad that they are losing one of NHL's best goalies before next season. Cant wait to see miller play in a team that he actually can shine and win games with.
    The win they got yesterday was pure luck. They played so god damn bad..