Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only a few more days till the Winter Classic!

I really hope that video was the reason the Hawks picked up Kostka, because that would at least make sense based on his play last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god! John Scott just scored a goal. It's a miracle!
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    what the fuck is going on LOL

First period was awful, but...
    Glad to see Phaneuf taking shots again lately.
    Also nice seeing Reilly going into the play like he is today.

Two eight goal games tonight. O_O

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://blog.mapleleafs.com/alumni-rosters-announced/

Dat alumni roster, more so that game 2. Too bad Sundin isn't going to participate, I am a sad panda

Raymond and JVR apparently have some amazing chemistry together.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raymond has been terrible since Bolland went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Raymond has been terrible since Bolland went down.
    I disagree. He hasn't been as productive, but he's still been one of our better players.

10+ Year Old Account
    40 games played, 152 goals for. 103 of them being from even strength. Thats 3.70 gf/game. If only we could fix the pk...

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...18294512148480

At least it's not as high as I was really expecting. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Canada/Czeck WJC game going into OT.

People really need to get off the Phaneuf internet hate train and accept the fact he's ****ing good. Most Leaf bandwaggoners don't even know why they hate him, or why he's "bad". It's pathetic.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else get the feeling that hockey canada is making Sutter play McDavid so much? Mackinnon or even Crosby didn't get that much ice time or chances to shine. Or is Sutter just an idiot? Geez, that was brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Anyone else get the feeling that hockey canada is making Sutter play McDavid so much? Mackinnon or even Crosby didn't get that much ice time or chances to shine. Or is Sutter just an idiot? Geez, that was brutal.
    Ummm... He was benched pretty much the entire third period.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayk View Post
    People really need to get off the Phaneuf internet hate train and accept the fact he's ****ing good. Most Leaf bandwaggoners don't even know why they hate him, or why he's "bad". It's pathetic.
    He isn't $7 million a year good, I think that is the problem. SportsNet is saying 7 years $48 million which works out to 6.85 million a year

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Ummm... He was benched pretty much the entire third period.
    That was after 2 retarded hooking penalties though. I'm talking about before that and in all the other games. I dunno, it felt like he's been getting a fuckload of icetime compared to others. I can't find ToI #s anywhere but it also felt like Drouin wasn't getting as much as you'd think he should get.

Expected Phanuef to get paid that much. It's not that terrible of a price when you think about it. He's no Chara or elite defenseman but you're not going to find a better D man on the open market and you kinda need to finish 29th or 30th to draft one this year. At least you know what you're going to get with Dion. It's not like you're throwing 5.25 at Clarkson so he can score 8 points. It's either don't sign him and lose your captain + best defenseman or overpay him a little bit. There are very few players who get paid what they're worth, so it's not anything new that he's getting a big contract like that.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-12-28 at 08:52 PM.

Is it just me or is Canada's WJC fate already sealed between the pipes? I don't think Paterson had a very good game at all, looked shaky and at least 2 of those goals were incredibly soft. Otherwise the team this year just feels small, lacking toughness. Props to the Czech's either way, maybe it's time for a resurgence in Czech hockey??
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean have you seen Paterson's stats in the OHL this year? 3.64 GAA and .900 SV% He's had 1 season in the O with a GAA under 3 and that was only in a 5 game span. I don't know if Saginaw is just a shtity team but it seems like this kid isn't even good.

Looks like Fucale will get the start on Monday, but even his Q numbers leave a lot to be desired :\
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I only was able to catch the second half of the game, but he looked awful from what I saw. Reminded me a lot of Nabakov during the playoffs last year where anytime Islanders did something right, he managed to let in another goal a minute later.