Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How about that Nyquist guy though, I like the Red Wings so much more now that they're in the East for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw his two goal game against Minn (before Detroit fell apart in the 3rd and lost in OT) and he was really dynamite in that game.

Deleted
    He's third only to Ovechkin and Stamkos when it comes to goals / game, which is quite sick. And it's not just garbage goals he's scoring, has scored a bunch of highreel goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    How about that Nyquist guy though, I like the Red Wings so much more now that they're in the East for some reason.
    And then you look at Mantha and some of their other prospects as well.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well so far so good through 20 minutes.

Well, I hope Bernier gives Ranger a punch in the back of the head, dumb fucking moron pushed Bergeron into him.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2014-04-04 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well, I hope Bernier gives Ranger a punch in the back of the head, dumb fucking moron pushed Bergeron into him.
    Can't say I'm overly fond of somebody causing collisions between two of my favorite players.

-Oh, and with the new playoffs do they re-seed after the first round or what?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Can't say I'm overly fond of somebody causing collisions between two of my favorite players.

-Oh, and with the new playoffs do they re-seed after the first round or what?
    Nope. There's a Central bracket and a Pacific bracket (in the West). Second round is called the Division Championship round, which is silly because you could teams from the other division participating in that series. If the season ended today, the Pacific bracket would be Ana-Min and SJ-LA, with the winners of those series playing each other in the Pacific Division championship, regardless of what happens in the Central bracket. So you could have Minnesota winning that which would just be silly. And then obiviously the winners of the two division brackets play each other in the Western Conference Finals.

The biggest problem with this format I think is if there was a situation where there was two dominant teams in a conference, but they were both in the same division. Say hypothetically Boston and Pittsburgh were in the same division this year. They have been far and away the best 2 teams in the East this year, but it would impossible for them to meet in the Eastern Conference Finals, where they belong.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-04-04 at 03:09 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that isn't such a bad thing as it gives underdog teams a shot at winning the division and playing in the conference finals. The whole notion that two teams from the same division should be able to meet in the conference finals is silly.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I think that isn't such a bad thing as it gives underdog teams a shot at winning the division and playing in the conference finals. The whole notion that two teams from the same division should be able to meet in the conference finals is silly.
    It's not about them being in the same division, I just think the two best teams in the conference should meet in the conference finals if they advance that far. Being in the same division is what makes that impossible though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blah, the reseeding was part of why the NHL playoffs were the best, I don't see why they had to tweak it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Chicago:

Thank you.

Sincerely, Leafs Nation

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Not making any playoff predictions this time around, I'll just look like a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prediction?

PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Someone at Vancouver's management must be kicking themselves for having some kind of anti-snark clause in that trade. :P

Am I hallucinating, or are we really looking at a single Canadian team actually making it to the playoffs? That number just seems... low.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Habs are a contender. It's all just a matter of their D waking up. We have T.O with a very disfunctional team. Who are only where they are because of good goaltending. Getting outshot every game is not good. Winnipeg would be in the playoffs if they had better goaltending. Pavs is an issue which will most likely get addressed in the off season. I honestly do not know what has happened with Vancouver. Their team gave up, they look lifeless on the ice. Like nobody wants to play besides Lack. Ottawa has a lot of pieces to be a good team. They just don't seem able to get their stuff together. With the Oilers, they have a team full of picks that should be mediocre. Of the non play off teams. The Flames have the best locker room. The team doesn't quit, even though nobody expects them to do well.

With all but 2 maybe 3 teams (Winnipeg is still iffy). The Canadian teams do not play as a team. Their culture in the organization is not a friendly area. It feels like the players don't want to be there with current management. I can see a lot of UFAs leaving a toxic atmosphere. I can also see it scaring away players from signing there as well. Overpaying will bring players to the organization. But it sets a bad precedent for the future. You can have the players, but you cannot have players alone.

About damn time. That was two seasons under AV too late, though. The rebuild for the Canucks is gonna be brutal, thanks to those two.

Well, my work hockey pool did not go well this year. Out of 40 people I came in 38th. It didn't help at the end 10 of my 21 guys were injured. Hopefully, there will be a playoff pool so I can redeem myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Couldn't we have done that before losing Schneider and Luongo? Well, good luck next guy.