Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeiblu View Post
    I "might" have woken every person up in my neighborhood last night when Sheahan scored but you know what? I.Just.Dont.Give.A.Fuck!

also, sorta still at a loss to how someone scores a goal by losing the puck in a shootout, gets control and then your goalie poke checks the puck in
    Cheerin for Detroit as my East team this year after Iggy of course.

How about Monahan, 5/8 shootouts this year including a bunch of game winners. Hudler slapper on Quick in the SO was beauty too, take that Sutter you bum!
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-04-11 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Cheerin for Detroit as my East team this year after Iggy of course.

How about Monahan, 5/8 shootouts this year including a bunch of game winners. Hudler slapper on Quick in the SO was beauty too, take that Sutter you bum!
    lol the only way that slapper from Hudie could have been any better is if it had a whole Wanted slow motion moment with "fuck you!" written on the puck.

it was a beauty
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    The Leafs have more money than god, they don't care about the $30M. They should care about this though. Even if they buy him out they don't get a significant cap relief because the majority of Clarksons payment is in guaranteed signing bonuses that count against the cap anyway. It's useless buying him out, you don't get any benefit from it. It looks like they are stuck with him for a few years.
    That would be a pretty tough pill to swallow, might as well try to trade him even if it's for a really low prospect.

10+ Year Old Account
    you wish you could trade away that contract

so it sounds like Shanahan will no longer be making seemingly arbitrary and befuddling decisions on suspensions, but as the new president of the Leafs, hooray

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    so it sounds like Shanahan will no longer be making seemingly arbitrary and befuddling decisions on suspensions, but as the new president of the Leafs, hooray
    I'm imagining him releasing an explanation video after each management decision in the same style as he did with suspension explanation videos.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I'm imagining him releasing an explanation video after each management decision in the same style as he did with suspension explanation videos.
    I think that a guy like Wendel Clark or Doug Gilmour would have been more ideal choices, former Leafs who are loved by the fans. Shanahan just brings a history of inconsistent suspensions with him.

Ah didn't even know this thread was here. Caps fan here.....
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X - Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition - PSU: Cooler Master 1000W 80+ Gold - CPU: Intel i7 4930K - GPU: EVGA GTX690 - RAM - G Skill Ripjaw 16gb (4x4) @2133 Cooling - Corsair Hydro H100i - HDD: Western Digital CB 500gb and 1TB - SSD: Intel 128gb

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was not expecting a first round matchup with the Blues a week ago. They look ripe though so I'll take it

Oh and the Devils are 0-12 in Shootouts now... That's 16 straight shoot out losses dating back to last season.

- - - Updated - - -

This is pretty cool...:

http://nesn.com/2014/04/nathan-horto...didnt-play-in/

- - - Updated - - -

Will Shanny still be responsible for reviewing hits in the playoffs? Or is he done like now and working with the Leafs already? Who will take over if that's the case?
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-04-11 at 03:06 PM.

Since the main reason for me bailing on this thread seems to have disappeared, I will make a delightful return... I know you guys need me to help keep the balance between excitable Leafs fans and depressed realistic Leafs fans.

As far as I understand, Shanahan is done as an NHL employee. He is officially an MLSE employee and that's it. My guess is Kris King or Quintal will take over for the playoffs and Mike Rupp's hearing.

How bad have the Leafs been since the Olympics (and more specifically a month ago)? They were on pace for 96 points (and at one point actually on pace for over 100) and now might hit 86 if they beat Ottawa tomorrow. They were in 9th place in the entire league one month ago today. Right now they're 22nd. They were in 3rd in the East. If Toronto loses their last game, they get a top-10 pick. If Winnipeg wins their last game and Vancouver gets 3 points in their last 2 games, Toronto picks 7th.

I am blown away by how oblivious management of the team seems to be towards their problems. At a certain point, either your coach's systems aren't working, your players aren't doing the systems, or somewhere in between. Not a single player in the top 350 of the NHL is a Leaf in Corsi.

Anyway.. I'm jacked to watch some playoff hockey. I've gotten pretty used to just enjoying the playoffs for what they are over the last few years (minus last year's depression) without any big-time bias. Pretty pumped to see if anyone in the East can challenge Boston. I know some teams could win 2 in a 7 game series, but I'm interested to see if anyone can actually hang with them... they're probably going to win the President's Trophy for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost got that Jennings Trophy sewn up, sure the offense is miserable, but defensively the Kings played so well this year I really wanted them to be #1 despite the revolving door of goaltenders. Its a cool team award to come away with, I hope it continues into the playoffs. Gonna be tough against SJ, last year the home team won every game and this SJ has home ice.

It is kind of funny that St. Louis is going to have a great season and yet again be stuck with a first round matchup that will probably see them eliminated. They must be liking first round meetings with the reigning champs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every match up in the west is rough tho except maybe 1v8

I think I'll be watching most west games, no interest in the East...We'll see Boston vs whoever in the finals

Which is going to be rough, I want Selanne to win another cup. I also want San Jose to finally do something. But I also want Iggy to win a cup. So torn...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Montreal is the only team that really gives Boston a run for its money in the east. But that's only because they play Boston's game against them but don't fight. Other than that, Boston looks too good to lose in the east. But saying that, Columbus is a hungry team. So I wouldn't underestimate them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Montreal is the only team that really gives Boston a run for its money in the east. But that's only because they play Boston's game against them but don't fight. Other than that, Boston looks too good to lose in the east. But saying that, Columbus is a hungry team. So I wouldn't underestimate them at all.
    Washington would have scared me the most if I were Boston to be honest. Halak has that ability to play out of his mind in the playoffs. Detroit wouldn't be a picnic either IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I think I'll be watching most west games, no interest in the East...We'll see Boston vs whoever in the finals

Which is going to be rough, I want Selanne to win another cup. I also want San Jose to finally do something. But I also want Iggy to win a cup. So torn...
    What about Bouwmeester?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Detroit is 3-1 against Boston this season

Well i suppose i should congratulate the Stars on making the play-offfs, in the end it didn't seem like we wanted it enough while they certainly did.

Flyers seem to have the Penguins number this year. Penguins won the first game big (in like the first week of the season, when the Flyers were pitiful), but the Flyers haven't lost to them since. Also, Flyers are 9-2 against at the "new" arena in Pittsburgh since it opened.

Shame they wouldn't play in the conf finals if things go that way. Let's start predictions without even knowing seeding 100% and only a basic grasp on this stupid new playoff system!

Gonna say Detroit winds up 7 and Columbus 8 in the East, making Boston/Columbus and Pittsburgh/Detroit

Boston over Columbus in 4
    Tampa over Montreal in 7
    Pittsburgh over Detroit in 6
    Philly over NY in 7

Anaheim over Dallas in 4
    LA over SJ in 6
    Colorado over Minn in 6
    Chicago over STL in 4

Boston over Tampa in 5
    Philly over Pittsburgh in 5

Anaheim over LA in 6
    Colorado over Chicago in 7

Boston over Philly in 4
    Colorado over Anaheim in 6

Boston in 5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Almost got that Jennings Trophy sewn up, sure the offense is miserable, but defensively the Kings played so well this year I really wanted them to be #1 despite the revolving door of goaltenders. Its a cool team award to come away with, I hope it continues into the playoffs. Gonna be tough against SJ, last year the home team won every game and this SJ has home ice.

It is kind of funny that St. Louis is going to have a great season and yet again be stuck with a first round matchup that will probably see them eliminated. They must be liking first round meetings with the reigning champs.
    They have no right to complain. They have been terrible lately. I say they get swept with at least 3 big losses. Miller has been bad.

EDIT: Welp my predictions are already 0/1. Columbus locked up the first WC so they will play the Pens. Doesn't change the outcomes.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2014-04-13 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell of a final game against the Ducks, I really hope we see them in round 2 it will be a great one. I think the Kings are tied with Boston in goals against, need them to give one up in their last game to wrap it up. Kopitar was great again, can't wait to get Doughty back, series against SJ is gonna be nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    playoff predictions
    You got your east matchups a little mixed up... and the Central division still isn't decided.

I'll wait until tonight or tomorrow to make some full fledged predictions, but I think you're nuts that Boston will go 16-2 in the playoffs O_o.. that'd be stupid impressive. Remember how crazy good the Kings were 2 years ago? They were 16-4, including winning 8 in a row from round 1 through 3... with a goalie who had 1.41/.946 numbers (the highest save % of any goalie who has played more than one round in a specific year, and the 3rd lowest GAA for the same criteria). Boston is good, but the only teams I see them possibly sweeping in the East would be Tampa... I don't even think they could sweep the Penguins in back to back years. Almost guaranteed to win the East, I agree, but I just don't think they'll do it so easily.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Theyre gonna lose to Pittsburgh to spite iggy for last year!

I think it's pretty much set now that Detroit plays Boston now.