10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Stalock did a better job handling the puck in this game. On paper he matches up well against the Kings and forces them to put the puck in the corners since anything behind the net he will play out of the zone. Couldn't really blame him for the goals that went in, and Niemi was pulled from Game 4 and 5, so he has definitely lost his luster.

Kopitar hasn't really gotten enough credit, he is finally starting to. He leads the team in scoring every year and this year will be the one he hopefully gets the Selke he's deserved for so long. His first goal was just such a great example of what he does for the team, making the play in the defensive zone and moving the puck out, and then finishing it at the other end, he covers 200 feet and does it all.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else surprised that a Bs-Habs game isn't scheduled for Thursday? Why go a day with no games? Those guys have had plenty of rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Is anyone else surprised that a Bs-Habs game isn't scheduled for Thursday? Why go a day with no games? Those guys have had plenty of rest.
    Cannot announce the second round schedule until the first is over. Plus, there could always be scheduling conflicts at either arena. I actually heard that they may not even start that series until Saturday

Huh, looks like I was wrong. I swear I had heard that they couldn't announce until after the current round ends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    Huh, looks like I was wrong. I swear I had heard that they couldn't announce until after the current round ends.
    I am 100% I heard that aswell.

Steve Mason looks unbeatable right now. Its looking like we'll be having 3 game 7s tomorrow.

Dat defenseman breakaway goal.

3-0 Flyers.

Deleted
    Rangers must have the worst PP in history of stanley cup Holy crap they are bad

Simmonds with the hat trick. 4-0.

Deleted
    I feel so bad for Lundqvist. Year in and year out he guards Rangers goal. And will never win the cup

Wait.. does that mean the Rangers have only ever won a series 4-3 where Lundqvist has been in goal for every game? I need to look this up.

EDIT: In the '07 playoffs, NYR beat Atlanta 4-0 with him. In the '08 playoffs, NYR beat NJ 4-1 and Lundvqist was in net for every game... so I dunno where that guy got that stat... but after that season it was all 7 game series or first round losses... which is kinda bad. Feel bad for the guy, though... should've gone to UFA imo. 33-39 in the playoffs with 2.25/.921 career playoff numbers.

EDIT2: Christ, I didn't even realize that was the twitter of a Leafs' prospect.. hope he can play goalie better than he can do research and count.
    Last edited by VanillaO; 2014-04-30 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    RDS is kinda off the beaten path in terms of hockey viewership. I'm pretty sure I am the only person who uses it to watch Habs games in Winnipeg. Since they broadcast every game as well. 82 Games a year and I don't have to buy NHL Network or other non-sense. Just the french language package.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Wait.. does that mean the Rangers have only ever won a series 4-3 where Lundqvist has been in goal for every game? I need to look this up.

EDIT: In the '07 playoffs, NYR beat Atlanta 4-0 with him. In the '08 playoffs, NYR beat NJ 4-1 and Lundvqist was in net for every game... so I dunno where that guy got that stat... but after that season it was all 7 game series or first round losses... which is kinda bad. Feel bad for the guy, though... should've gone to UFA imo. 33-39 in the playoffs with 2.25/.921 career playoff numbers.
    He may have meant that Lundqvist is on a 11 game losing streak while having a playoff lead. I haven't checked the number yet, but the last 3 rounds that NYR has won have all been 7 games.

Edit: Just counted. Ever since the 2009 playoffs when NYR was up 3-1 in a series against Washington, they have lost 11 consecutive games while holding a series lead. I assume Lundqvist was in net for all of them.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2014-04-30 at 02:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Rangers must have the worst PP in history of stanley cup Holy crap they are bad
    heh, you could go back to last year and find Reg & I discussing it

10+ Year Old Account
    You can have a god awful PP and still make it to the cup finals.

So far, my bracket is good. Just need Philly, Kings and Avs to win. I am preparing myself for the upcoming Habs-Bruins series. My GM is a huge Bruins fan and a lot of the employees are Habs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I NEVER hear about Kopitar unless they're talking about the Kings.

Go to the Preds boards on HF, he's always at the top of the list of Centers we would kill to have lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    You can have a god awful PP and still make it to the cup finals.

So far, my bracket is good. Just need Philly, Kings and Avs to win. I am preparing myself for the upcoming Habs-Bruins series. My GM is a huge Bruins fan and a lot of the employees are Habs fans.
    I believe my only bad pick was TB over Montreal so far. Flyers, Kings, Avs picked on my bracket as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    That Lundqvist stat is really worrisome. Last night's routing is hopefully behind the Rangers already.

I need Rangers, Avs, and Kings to win tonight to go 8/8 in picks first round, and 5/8 of those will be the correct number-of-games-played too.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boooo av's! You should have picked the wild!

Was the av's wild series one you picked number of games right?
    You're a towel.