The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Price and Lundqvhist both were tbe difference in their 2nd round series' though. Crawford has great numbers and all but he wasnt exacyly facing high octane offenses and plahs on an allstar team. Great numbers good goalie but not elite lik those other 3.

Fuck my phone!
    Your point about the Wild compared to the Bruins/Pens is certainly valid. But I will still contend that CC was the most important player for the Hawks, games 5 and 6 for sure. I guess the question becomes how good do his stats have to be to be considered elite? Sub 1 GAA? > 970 SV %? 2 consecutive playoffs where he's been outstanding says a lot to me
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-05-19 at 06:21 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Your point about the Wild compared to the Bruins/Pens is certainly valid. But I will still contend that CC was the most important player for the Hawks, games 5 and 6 for sure. I guess the question becomes how good do his stats have to be to be considered elite? Sub 1 GAA? > 970 SV %? 2 consecutive playoffs where he's been outstanding says a lot to me
    Put him on Montreal hypothetically. Do they still beat the Bruins?

He is really good especially during the playoffs but if my team doesnt have hossa sharp Toews kane Keith seabrooke plus all the others I think id rather have quick rask lundqvist price over Crawford.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-05-19 at 06:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stommped, Crow will never get the respect he rightfully deserves even if he managed to get 4 shutouts in a row.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/lead..._career_p.html

Crawford sucks! He's definitely underrated, but the issue everyone raises is 'if he weren't with Chicago, would his numbers be anywhere as good?' You can't use GAA or SV% at face value, because of things like that. I still am not convinced he's an elite goalie in the league (I'm talking Rask/Quick/Lundqvist), but he's definitely right on the edge of that group at this point.

It's much like Price's performance at the Olympics. Yes, he only let 1 goal in the last 3 games they played, but that D was so absurdly good, and the O guys were such good 2-way players, that I would be surprised if he let more than 2-3 in that time. Does anyone remember how many shots hit posts or trickled through the crease underneath him? There was like a good dozen in those last 3 games. That's very much how I see Crawford. He's playing with a damn good team in front of him, and (granted I don't get to see him play often outside of the playoffs) I don't see him steal games very often. But that's just from what I do get to see from him. He kept them in games long enough to beat the Wild, so he won that series as far as I'm concerned, but it needs to become a more consistent thing. Honestly, if he wins a Cup in back-to-back years, that should be enough to at least shutup a good chunk of people who aren't sold on Crawford. There are plenty of good goalies on elite teams who don't do that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's true those stats aren't perfect, but it's the best we got in reality. We use those pretty religiously in the regular season, but no body has the same talent in front of them, and West teams vs. East teams have a highly different schedule, so not the same competition either. Similarly, offensively your line mates play a huge factor in the individuals ability to be successful. It starts to become a headache, as there's realistically no way to weigh all these different variables.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-05-19 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blues are gonna let Ryan Miller go

so much for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Tonight we see how the rookie does. Cautiously optimistic, but without Price. I'm not sure how things will go.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Blues are gonna let Ryan Miller go

so much for that
    Guess the Blues really didn't think Miller was worth giving up this year's 1st rounder as well as next year's. I feel for the team... no one talks about it, but they're on their way to Sharks' level of playoff ineptitude. Miller can go fuck himself for all the games he played against the Leafs. Here's to hoping he stays out west.

Deleted
    Stay classy Rangers. Terrible assult on Price. The worst thing is Kreider did the exact thing against pens. How on earth can a player be that reckless? Damn i'm so mad.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reset the irrational generalization clock boys we got another. Reg guess this one is yours ^.^

Can we get a thread ban on using the term 'stay classy'? Every time I see someone say this now (which is pretty much fucking daily since the start of the playoffs), I immediately think that person has nothing actually intelligent to say.

More on the point: Yes, it was reckless. Yes, he probably shouldn't have crashed the net so hard. No, I don't think he went in thinking 'I'm going to fuck this guy's ankle up and he'll be out for the series!'

That's the kind of play that will forever be argued by fans of one team as intentional and any rational person as pretty unfortunate but more incidental than anything.

I assume Kreider wanted to shake Price up a bit... I don't think he went in maliciously and with the intent of hurting Price. If he did, you would've seen a lot more Habs giving interviews about the nastiness of the play, instead of almost all of them saying 'shit happens'. Even the coach, who made himself look like a fool last year with Gryba's hit on Eller (I think?) said he didn't think he meant to hurt Price and that it was just reckless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Reset the irrational generalization clock boys we got another. Reg guess this one is yours ^.^
    These guys are nothing compared to those who lurk on the TSN website. Now there are some irrational people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    These guys are nothing compared to those who lurk on the TSN website. Now there are some irrational people.
    Oh god, I remember some Oilers fan made a comment there saying YA ID LIKE IGGY ON THE OIL HE CULD BE ON THE 3RD LINE.

also http://www.gfycat.com/LoathsomeEntireChinchilla

Take it as you will
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-05-20 at 01:13 AM.

Kreider is just rubbing his dick all over Montreal's drapes in this series.

What can I say: I am really disappointed about the result in the Canadiens - Rangers game.
    On the bright side, the Canadiens didn't play all that bad. It was so much better than the last one. And I am actually positively surprised by Tokarski's performance. I'd say the only goal where he didn't look good was the one scored by Rick Nash. The other two really have not been his fault.

Losing the first two games at home is pretty bad. I am not sure if the Canadiens can recover from that.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaani View Post
    What can I say: I am really disappointed about the result in the Canadiens - Rangers game.
    On the bright side, the Canadiens didn't play all that bad. It was so much better than the last one. And I am actually positively surprised by Tokarski's performance. I'd say the only goal where he didn't look good was the one scored by Rick Nash. The other two really have not been his fault.

Losing the first two games at home is pretty bad. I am not sure if the Canadiens can recover from that.
    Its basically GG for Montreal.

Still hoping for a LA - NY final...probably going to be Chicago though.

Either way, Rangers are looking damn good for the cup this year.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Stay classy Rangers. Terrible assult on Price. The worst thing is Kreider did the exact thing against pens. How on earth can a player be that reckless? Damn i'm so mad.
    Something something Brian Gionta?

Also, didn't your coach say it was an accidental play?

Via Reddit
    The hit on Price: http://www.gfycat.com/LoathsomeEntireChinchilla
    Staying classy: https://vine.co/v/MHvvJ5FlrEX

Every team does shit like that, but that hit on Price was definitely not intentional or anything significantly worse than what Habs players have done in recent memory.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2014-05-20 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Habs lose the next game. I'd put Kreider in the press box for the fourth. Things could get very ugly in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Stommped, Crow will never get the respect he rightfully deserves even if he managed to get 4 shutouts in a row.
    If you put Crawford on a team like the Leafs, do you think Leafs make the playoffs?
    If you put any average goalie on the Hawks, do you think the Hawks are out of cup contention?
    If you were a GM in a magical NHL fantasy draft land, do you take Crawford before Quick, Rask, Lundqvist, Miller, Luongo, Price?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    If you put Crawford on a team like the Leafs, do you think Leafs make the playoffs?
    If you put any average goalie on the Hawks, do you think the Hawks are out of cup contention?
    If you were a GM in a magical NHL fantasy draft land, do you take Crawford before Quick, Rask, Lundqvist, Miller, Luongo, Price?
    I take him before everyone besides Rask and Price, honestly. I take him ahead of Hank just because of age though.