Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I'm liking the young guys that have been playing for the Rangers. That kid Duclair is looking pretty good.
    Has Hayes been playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jets look like they've improved from last year. Except in goal... At least I have the Habs to watch... Wait, not I don't. Because Rogers fucking got rid of the national rights for RDS. Who have commentators who are leagues better than their english counter parts.

This is going to be a long season of blackouts. This is going to suck a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Has Hayes been playing?
    He's been getting decent ice time, but hasn't really shown much. I just wish he were a center lol We could use a big body at center, but that would mean he would have to spend some time in the AHL to learn the position. We have so many wingers, especially on the right side.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    The Jets look like they've improved from last year. Except in goal... At least I have the Habs to watch... Wait, not I don't. Because Rogers fucking got rid of the national rights for RDS. Who have commentators who are leagues better than their english counter parts.

This is going to be a long season of blackouts. This is going to suck a lot.
    I am pretty sure RDS still has the French rights outside of Quebec. TVA has the rights to the French broadcasts within Quebec though because they are based in Montreal from what I have heard.

He's been getting decent ice time, but hasn't really shown much. I just wish he were a center lol We could use a big body at center, but that would mean he would have to spend some time in the AHL to learn the position. We have so many wingers, especially on the right side.
    Meh, the way I see it is if Hayes lives up to the hype you're set with 8 pretty skilled wingers and 2 solid centres. Might be a chance of getting someone like E. Staal if Carolina's in the mind to sell, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the top 5 from last year in the East ended up the top 5 again this year.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know why he's so hyped to be honest with you, he's a big kid but his point production in college can be pretty much traced back to play with Johnny Gaudreau.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Don't know why he's so hyped to be honest with you, he's a big kid but his point production in college can be pretty much traced back to play with Johnny Gaudreau.
    Annoyed that there was no tv coverage (and again next game) for the CGY/COL game. Didn't get to see any Gaudreau against Vancouver.

Patrick Sieloff though, goddamn that kid has balls.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    It's Holtby time.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Annoyed that there was no tv coverage (and again next game) for the CGY/COL game. Didn't get to see any Gaudreau against Vancouver.

Patrick Sieloff though, goddamn that kid has balls.
    http://www.gfycat.com/ColdSelfassuredBrownbear

Did u see Ferlands goal? Pretty nice he had 2 last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    http://www.gfycat.com/ColdSelfassuredBrownbear

Did u see Ferlands goal? Pretty nice he had 2 last night.
    no I hadn't, thats goddamn dirrrrrty

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking how the Blue Jackets have been playing so far in the pre-season. Rychel and Wenneberg look pretty stellar - It's almost like they could forget about the whole Ryan Johansen issue.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone wanna make some predictions? Cup champs, Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Presidents Trophy, Calder Trophy, Bold Season Prediction?

Cup Champs: St Louis Blues
    Art Ross: John Tavares
    Rocket Ricard: Stamkos HAPPY?!?!!
    President's: Anaheim Ducks
    Calder: Gaudreau
    Bold: Toronto makes it to the Conference Finals and falls in 7 games to the Washington Capitals

Anyone else!?

http://gfycat.com/IncompatibleSpecta...ellinewheatear
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-10-01 at 04:58 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Washington isn't even going to make the playoffs. They are still a mediocre team that occasionally over achieves. When your best player is also your biggest liability on the ice, you know you are doing something wrong.

Also there isn't a P in Stamkos /grammarnazi

And LA or Chicago will win the Cup.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno man, it's the Eastern Conference. There is 1 good team there and they're getting worse every year. They missed the playoffs by 3 pts last year and they improved their roster since. I don't imagine Holtby struggles as much as he did last year either. Kuznetsov is kind of a beast if he continues his progress too. If Montreal takes out Boston again in the first round, anyone could make it to the cup finals from the East. Anyways it's a bold prediction for a reason.

LA or Chicago will win if they make it there but I mean LA barely made it there last year. Whoever comes out of the West will likely smash the East unless it's like an overachieving Dallas Stars vs the Boston Bruins or something like that.

Too early for Stanley Cup talk...

More Johnny Gaudreau talk.

watching him dangle is mesmerizing, it's like watching a Kristian Huselius who can actually finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    As always, Montreal as the champs. But realistically, Chicago or LA. Boston doesn't have the stamina to make it to the finals and win again.

I hope this season isn't like the 90s where every game is blacked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    As always, Montreal as the champs. But realistically, Chicago or LA. Boston doesn't have the stamina to make it to the finals and win again.

I hope this season isn't like the 90s where every game is blacked out.
    I just dread having to listen to homer broadcasts every time it's two canadian teams playing one another. Especially if its against vancouver...good fucking lord that was painful to watch and listen to those two cgy/van games.

- - - Updated - - -

also, much lulz

10+ Year Old Account
    So is it terrible that I took Ekblad in my fantasy draft last weekend? lol It was my final pick and I wanted an extra defenseman. I was scrolling through and saw his name, and just yelled SLEEPER PICK at our live draft and picked him.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So is it terrible that I took Ekblad in my fantasy draft last weekend? lol It was my final pick and I wanted an extra defenseman. I was scrolling through and saw his name, and just yelled SLEEPER PICK at our live draft and picked him.
    Depends how big your draft is, if it's large it might end up biting you if he gets sent down to the CHL. I don't see them doing that though, their D sucks dick.

lol the Dallas Stars jumbotron dude is on fire