Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Jagr to Florida. Not sure that's where I would want to be if I had asked to be traded to a contender.
    Jagr's complaints afaik had to do with icetime, he'll at least get that in Florida. Plus he was a UFA after this year and unlikely to re-sign, Florida probably the only team offering anything good.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I thought he signed a two year deal with NJ, either way they didn't give up a ton for him.

And we lost to Minn, the team this cities hates with a passion. Best thing I can say about it is we didn't play well at all, didn't match the intensity they brought and still had a shot at it until the 2 minute mark. Just seems from remarks leaking out that the guys are having a hard time staying motivated which makes sense. None of them have really been in this position before, dead lock for the playoffs and looking down at everyone else, compared to normally fighting to make the playoffs.

I'm still sour over that goal call in the Kings - Senator match.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought he signed a two year deal with NJ, either way they didn't give up a ton for him.

And we lost to Minn, the team this cities hates with a passion. Best thing I can say about it is we didn't play well at all, didn't match the intensity they brought and still had a shot at it until the 2 minute mark. Just seems from remarks leaking out that the guys are having a hard time staying motivated which makes sense. None of them have really been in this position before, dead lock for the playoffs and looking down at everyone else, compared to normally fighting to make the playoffs.
    I'm sorry, what? Nashville hates minnesota with a passion? where the hell is this from? I barely knew that nashville had a team, and yet there are people in nashville that hate us?

Maybe I am just glossing over something from the past? Seriously I am perplexed right now.
    Is it just the "Ex-player" thing? Its been like two years!
    Last edited by Gumboy; 2015-02-27 at 10:07 AM.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I barely knew that nashville had a team, and yet there are people in nashville that hate us?
    Aren't there people in Detroit that feel that way about Minnesota?
    And people in Toronto that feel that way about Ottawa?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I think people in Toronto hate Toronto. It's all about Habs-Bruins. I've never seen people dislike each other so much other than that rivalry. At this point it is hereditary.

I'm sorry, what? Nashville hates minnesota with a passion? where the hell is this from? I barely knew that nashville had a team, and yet there are people in nashville that hate us?

Maybe I am just glossing over something from the past? Seriously I am perplexed right now.
    Is it just the "Ex-player" thing? Its been like two years!
    A lot of Preds fans are still pissed at Suter, yeah, and we're not that fond of Craig Leipold, either.

It's not that Suter left us so much as the way he did it; he had promised to stay in Nashville, that he wasn't going to accept any offers, all that good shit...and then he signed with the Wild. If he had been honest and said he was wanting to explore other opportunities, the booing would have stopped a long time ago. Leaving is fine, but lying to the fans that love and support the shit out of you is terrible.

And Leipold absolutely gutted the Predators shortly before selling the team and moving on. There's a good portion of the fanbase down here that feels like he was trying to completely destroy the franchise by selling/trading some of our better players left and right in a "fire sale."

So yeah, lot of hate down here for Minnesota, purely because of those two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its like, people here in Chicago hate Detroit and vice versa, but at the same time we respect the way the other plays. But St. Louis? Those knuckle draggers can die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mean that to be so rude to the people/team/fans of Nashville, I was just shocked that the nashville fans hate us lol. Like if I were to pick five teams that I suspected had beef with the wild, nashville wouldn't even get consideration; but I guess they do?

I don't think disliking a team because an ex-player of yours went their makes much sense though, no matter how shittily they left. I don't hate the teams Gaborik ended up on, and hes won titles with his new team!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    A lot of Preds fans are still pissed at Suter, yeah, and we're not that fond of Craig Leipold, either.

It's not that Suter left us so much as the way he did it; he had promised to stay in Nashville, that he wasn't going to accept any offers, all that good shit...and then he signed with the Wild. If he had been honest and said he was wanting to explore other opportunities, the booing would have stopped a long time ago. Leaving is fine, but lying to the fans that love and support the shit out of you is terrible.

And Leipold absolutely gutted the Predators shortly before selling the team and moving on. There's a good portion of the fanbase down here that feels like he was trying to completely destroy the franchise by selling/trading some of our better players left and right in a "fire sale."

So yeah, lot of hate down here for Minnesota, purely because of those two.
    But its not really minnesota's fault that a player was disloyal :P
    You're a towel.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to hate on Ottawa because they have never won anything in their history. They are colossal chokers (worse then the Leafs who flat out suck ass right now) and have a GM who can't speak properly, nor is he capable of building a team and keeping good players long term. They ran Chara, Hossa, Spezza and Alfie out of town at one point or another, that is fucking impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    don't need any bad defensemen or injured guys that will never play again

already blew a 1st rounder on a rental defenseman

the Leafs/Jackets trade is interesting, it says a lot about the Clarkson deal that the only way they could move him is for a player who will never play again, and Toronto keeps paying the money - to Horton now - but eliminates the cap hit to a degree

There is a potential benefit for both teams, especially if voynov is included. Phaneuf isn't a really bad d man he is plus player on a good team. Before the Olympic break he was plus 20

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Giordano out for the season most likely. There goes our playoff hopes and his Norris aspirations all in one foul swoop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Giordano out for the season most likely. There goes our playoff hopes and his Norris aspirations all in one foul swoop.
    yea that is lame, its gonna be tough to kick around the last couple spots without him, the competition is nasty

yea again, no, where is the benefit in picking up a declining player in year one of a 7-year $49 mil contract? this is Toronto fan dreaming, there is no benefit to LA in such a deal, he wouldn't be in the top pairing which is good for him, but why pay him so much to barely be a top-4 defenseman?

in fairness I am particularly biased against him, I've never been impressed by his play and would rather hope the Voynov situation resolves itself than blow a bunch of money on a slow D-man with bad possession numbers on a team that emphasizes the opposite

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Toronto can retain the salary, Phanuef at 5m cap on a 2nd pairing is great value but he's probably a contract that gets moved in the summer / around the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I thought it was still "unknown"/day-to-day? He skated tonight in warmup but left and didn't play.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I didn't mean that to be so rude to the people/team/fans of Nashville, I was just shocked that the nashville fans hate us lol. Like if I were to pick five teams that I suspected had beef with the wild, nashville wouldn't even get consideration; but I guess they do?

I don't think disliking a team because an ex-player of yours went their makes much sense though, no matter how shittily they left. I don't hate the teams Gaborik ended up on, and hes won titles with his new team!

- - - Updated - - -

But its not really minnesota's fault that a player was disloyal :P

Keep in mind it also has a lot to do with the fact that one of his major gripes was that we didn't have the talent and we couldn't get it. So what does he do, goes to the team owned by the guy that basically gutted most of the talent we did have before he sold it. The entire thing isn't about the fact he left Nashville, its that not only did he knowingly lie, but he chewed up the start of FA for Poile which made things even worse.

You have a former owner that gutted us and bailed, and a former player that many have zero respect for in the way he handled things. Frankly that's a pretty dang good start. Probably if you took a poll of Preds fans, if we could stomp one team into the ground come playoff time it would be the Wild. To be frank, there would be a ton of Preds fans who would be seriously happy if you don't even make it.

Now I'm not super crazy about it, I'm more of a Hawks/Blues hater but I certainly understand and know peoples feelings on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, just kind of a weird thing to have a "Rivalry" over lol :P

It also seems to be 100% one sided. The avalanche and wild have beef, it seems we always meet up.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is weird, I think this is the first weekend without a Jets game.

Huh, just kind of a weird thing to have a "Rivalry" over lol :P

It also seems to be 100% one sided. The avalanche and wild have beef, it seems we always meet up.
    Of course its one sided, but hate doesn't need to be two sided. We as a fan base don't like the team, whether you understand it or not its just a simple fact. We also don't like Chicago ( mostly though for the drunken fans that show up to the games) or St. Louis, and although since the move things have simmered down here, Detroit.

The Wild and Colorado have beef because of last year, and thats the only reason why. Prior to that Colorado didn't have much of anything to meet up against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course its one sided, but hate doesn't need to be two sided. We as a fan base don't like the team, whether you understand it or not its just a simple fact. We also don't like Chicago ( mostly though for the drunken fans that show up to the games) or St. Louis, and although since the move things have simmered down here, Detroit.

The Wild and Colorado have beef because of last year, and thats the only reason why. Prior to that Colorado didn't have much of anything to meet up against.
    Because of last year? Every wild fan I know despises colorado, wasn't just last year :P we took special joy in beating them the way we did ;P

And I'm not saying its not a legit dislike; I just had no idea it was a thing lol.
    You're a towel.