yikes, Glencross to Washington for a 2nd and 3rd rounder...that seems cheap to me D: Though he was a UFA and wasn't going to go easy on negotiations, so maybe it's not all that bad.

Next up, Stajan and Raymond imo.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have done Trade Centre starting yesterday and had them continually switch people out for all 3 days. Since there likely isn't many trades left in the market.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's hilarious to see the hockey media in Canada waste so much time over trade deadline day, since little happens that day. I don't think you are going to see major deals done until the draft if there are any to be had, they will be minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Petry to Habs for picks

I'm actually surprised by the number of "in conference" trades...like the Lightning and now SJ/CHI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I'm actually surprised by the number of "in conference" trades...like the Lightning and now SJ/CHI
    Doesn't really matter given teams in playoffs and teams out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    Doesn't really matter given teams in playoffs and teams out of it.
    I get that, but TB+BOS, TB+PHI. Both still have a mathematical chance, Boston is in wild card right now.

CHI>SJ, SJ could still make it. 3rd place in the pacific is only a 2 point spread.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Steve Simmons has me shaking with anger, fucking idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I get that, but TB+BOS, TB+PHI. Both still have a mathematical chance, Boston is in wild card right now.

CHI>SJ, SJ could still make it. 3rd place in the pacific is only a 2 point spread.
    Ya but the deals essentially mean nothing. Most are depth moves of players who will be UFA July 1st. The small deals have been hockey deals of no real value or impact.

Jokinen to Blues for Joakim Lindstrom and 6th

Holzer to Ducks for Eric Brewer and 5th
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2015-03-02 at 09:30 PM.

Baertschi to Vancouver for 2nd round pick in 2017? I'm not sure this one makes any sense even if Sven couldn't crack the top 6 for years now. But this one just seems...wrong.

Well we are officially in a slump. Pekka is human again. Franson has been worthless, in fact he's worse than when we traded him to Toronto. The whole team has just played like a big ole pile for the last couple of weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well we are officially in a slump. Pekka is human again. Franson has been worthless, in fact he's worse than when we traded him to Toronto. The whole team has just played like a big ole pile for the last couple of weeks.
    There was a real difference between the last time we played you and this game. You guys just seemed ... slower. The first game seemed really refined, but it's as if some rough edges are starting to show.

The Rangers have been pretty hot though, and I can only see them getting better once Hank comes back and the new additions are up to speed. Our blueline is pretty damn sexy right now.

10+ Year Old Account

How is Weber playing like shit the last few games Franson fault?

Weber was brutal tonight, -4 Fisher was a solid -3

Oh and btw I am hoping for Nashville to take it all this year

I see NYR/NSH Final.
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2015-03-03 at 06:29 AM.

How is Weber playing like shit the last few games Franson fault?

Weber was brutal tonight, -4 Fisher was a solid -3

Oh and btw I am hoping for Nashville to take it all this year

I see NYR/NSH Final.

Have you watched the games or are you just going on stats? +/- is about as useful of a stat as a dead clock is at telling time. Its right a couple of time a day, but the rest of the time its worthless.

Weber hasn't been super either, but at least for his part alot of his +/- has been due to the forwards blowing coverage, and I mean bad. Smith alone let two different Rangers just roll right too the net and score goals tonight, being he is on Fishers line I'm guessing that's probably why Fisher's +/- looked so bad as well.

Sadly Fisher's line has been the only decent one in the last week, so the last finger I would ever point would be at him.

Franson is slow as dirt, pinches at the wrong times, is about as physical as mush, and that great shot he supposedly has hasn't really been there. We are all praying to god Ellis gets healthy again so we can keep Franson on the 3rd with really limited minutes. Maybe he will get it all figured out in the next week or so, but so far he hasn't been worth a 7th rounder, let alone a 1st.

Granted even Josi has been bad, and he hasn't been bad all year ( and being he plays with Weber, probably not helping Weber's +/- either).

I'm not sure if the grind that has been the month of February has just caught us, if all the messing with the lines Lavi has done is causing problems, or guys have just lost it, but whatever it is they better find that other gear or the only thing we will be seeing is a sweep come playoff time.

Luckily we have a month to get it turned back around, but if they continue to play like they did the last 3-5 games we are in serious trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    There was a real difference between the last time we played you and this game. You guys just seemed ... slower. The first game seemed really refined, but it's as if some rough edges are starting to show.

The Rangers have been pretty hot though, and I can only see them getting better once Hank comes back and the new additions are up to speed. Our blueline is pretty damn sexy right now.

No doubt yall are playing better right now. Your thoughts on the way we looked just helps reinforce the idea that the guys are simply just wore out. We play a high octane system, and we've played a ton of games in February with a couple of back to back ( got another tonight).

Being tired will cause you to be slow and make mental mistakes, which has really been the two biggest issues we've seen in this stretch.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2015-03-03 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you watched the games or are you just going on stats? +/- is about as useful of a stat as a dead clock is at telling time. Its right a couple of time a day, but the rest of the time its worthless.

Weber hasn't been super either, but at least for his part alot of his +/- has been due to the forwards blowing coverage, and I mean bad. Smith alone let two different Rangers just roll right too the net and score goals tonight, being he is on Fishers line I'm guessing that's probably why Fisher's +/- looked so bad as well.

Sadly Fisher's line has been the only decent one in the last week, so the last finger I would ever point would be at him.

Franson is slow as dirt, pinches at the wrong times, is about as physical as mush, and that great shot he supposedly has hasn't really been there. We are all praying to god Ellis gets healthy again so we can keep Franson on the 3rd with really limited minutes. Maybe he will get it all figured out in the next week or so, but so far he hasn't been worth a 7th rounder, let alone a 1st.

Granted even Josi has been bad, and he hasn't been bad all year ( and being he plays with Weber, probably not helping Weber's +/- either).

I'm not sure if the grind that has been the month of February has just caught us, if all the messing with the lines Lavi has done is causing problems, or guys have just lost it, but whatever it is they better find that other gear or the only thing we will be seeing is a sweep come playoff time.

Luckily we have a month to get it turned back around, but if they continue to play like they did the last 3-5 games we are in serious trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

No doubt yall are playing better right now. Your thoughts on the way we looked just helps reinforce the idea that the guys are simply just wore out. We play a high octane system, and we've played a ton of games in February with a couple of back to back ( got another tonight).

Being tired will cause you to be slow and make mental mistakes, which has really been the two biggest issues we've seen in this stretch.

I watch the games man. I have centre ice. Nashville hasn't been playing well of late and Weber has been kinda bad in them. It is a bad stretch but one that will be easily fixed when the games start to matter, they can take a little of the pedal.

I never believed in plus/minus to a certain degree. But a -4 game is never a good showing up in the stat box.

Franson hasn't been bad, or worse then what he was in Toronto. He has reduce minutes.

I watch the games man. I have centre ice. Nashville hasn't been playing well of late and Weber has been kinda bad in them. It is a bad stretch but one that will be easily fixed when the games start to matter, they can take a little of the pedal.

I never believed in plus/minus to a certain degree. But a -4 game is never a good showing up in the stat box.

Franson hasn't been bad, or worse then what he was in Toronto. He has reduce minutes.
    Then he wasn't that good then. Maybe I'm just used to watching really good defensemen

10+ Year Old Account

No doubt you guys have worn out. It's a shame to see because Nashville games were so exciting to watch for a majority of the season. I didn't get to see them play much, but from what I saw during the games I watched and the highlights, they are very solid. I'm not sure if it's a conditioning aspect or they are just beat up. The Rangers need to play a high speed game to be effective too, and ultimately what led them to a poor showing in the the Cup Finals last season. They just ran out of steam at the wrong time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then he wasn't that good then. Maybe I'm just used to watching really good defensemen

I always thought he played well, he had the bad follow up season after the shorten one. But he has a reduced role on the team. He will do his part. Remember, he was developed by Nashville :P

I always thought he played well, he had the bad follow up season after the shorten one. But he has a reduced role on the team. He will do his part. Remember, he was developed by Nashville :P
    Yeah but there were a lot of people around here that were glad to see him go and just as many that weren't happy to see him back. He stayed in Trotz doghouse a ton for his poor defensive play, and that man loves him some defense

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we get more games against the Oilers? They just make everything so easy, I think the Kings managed to complete a pass on every odd-man rush (and there were a lot of them), just a revolving door group of defensemen the puck goes right through 'em every time.