The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I mean it's one thing to wear red Flames gear, but so. many. jerseys. Crazy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think? it started in the 04 cup run but may have happened before. Its awesone regardless, same thing with the white out in Winnipeg. After the games every one spills out onto a street with a bunch of bars on it called "the red mile" and just celebrate.

C of Red was a thing even back in 88/89, though it was a bit paradoxical since back then the home jersey was white, so everyone was wearing away jerseys lol. But definitely 04 saw a huuuuuuuge spike in jersey sales for the home red. Pretty sure it set some sort of record for jersey sales that is yet to be unbroken. I still have all of mine lol. My old 90'ish Fleury jersey, and the "new" Fleury jersey when they went to that like "swishy" red/black/gold pattern in the mid 90s. The 03/04 season I got that one for xmas, no number and a couple years back the Reebok Edge one. Contemplating getting a new one maybe after the playoffs, a Gio or Gaudreau/Monahan numbered one maybe.

Jerseys are wicked expensive though in Canada. I was in Chicago and bought an official, decked out Toews jersey at JC Penny for like $100...I was floored by how cheap it was.

Wore it when I watched them wreck the Canucks though Everyone was confused why I, a Canadian, would be supporting an American team. My response was simple and well liked..."Fuck the Canucks."
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-04-22 at 10:10 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang wild getting futt bucked
    You're a towel.

Minnesota sports, I can't even be upset when I don't expect anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Minnesota sports, I can't even be upset when I don't expect anything.
    we've looked decent the first three games (final score of game two was an abberation)
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blues are winning by 5, Ducks are going into the 3rd with a lead so they'll probably win by 3, doesn't look like there's any good late game action to jump in and watch.

Deleted
    Holy crap! The goal to tie it 1-1 by Etem was a beuty!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Update in the bracket challenge - 7 of 11 people correctly picked the Ducks, 6 of those 7 people had the Ducks winning in 5 games but no one was willing to predict a sweep so no bonus points for anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Update in the bracket challenge - 7 of 11 people correctly picked the Ducks, 6 of those 7 people had the Ducks winning in 5 games but no one was willing to predict a sweep so no bonus points for anyone.
    I joined the League now and took first place

too lazy to scroll back to find the league, anyone got a link handy? lol

nm found it

I'm already dickered on my STL/MIN and NYI/WSH game numbers D:
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-04-23 at 06:14 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Didn't think the Ducks would have it that easy, but I knew they'd win. Kinda think they'll walk away with the Cup, too, but we'll see.

I already know my predictions for Pred/Hawks are wrong; Weber and Fisher's absence is really, really hurting the team (not that we've been that hot lately, anyway). Fisher's the one I'm really missing right about now...really starting to think he should be wearing the C over Weber with the way this season has gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    Didn't think the Ducks would have it that easy, but I knew they'd win. Kinda think they'll walk away with the Cup, too, but we'll see.

I already know my predictions for Pred/Hawks are wrong; Weber and Fisher's absence is really, really hurting the team (not that we've been that hot lately, anyway). Fisher's the one I'm really missing right about now...really starting to think he should be wearing the C over Weber with the way this season has gone.
    Ye, I have Preds as cup winners in the bracket.. Only the beer god knows why

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jets were simply outplayed the entire series. Ducks controlled the pace of the game and turned it up in the third every game and the Jets couldn't keep up. Pavs played good. Not great but good, let in a lot of soft goals that a great goalie would have stopped. Learning experience for the team. I think Stafford will be back next year, he genuinely loves playing here and we would be a fool not to sign him.

Future looks bright for the Jets. Considering a lot of west coast teams are trending downwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    Its pretty frustrating to know how well my team matches up against them and not getting to see it this year. Any team that can keep play in the Ducks' zone can beat them, they are a sloppy defensive team and their defensemen are not confident with the puck, speaking of...

Whats with Duncan Keith? They've scored 2 goals pretty much off of his stick when he lingered handling the puck in front of his own net. Gotta clean that up.

And didn't Tampa lead the league in scoring? They've been punchless and feckless every time I've seen them.

Fuck, watching Bishop acrobat the puck into his own net is hilarious to watch.

http://streamable.com/gq6n

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Fuck, watching Bishop acrobat the puck into his own net is hilarious to watch.

http://streamable.com/gq6n
    Hahahaha!

Preds - Hawks OMG what insane pace.. Hard to see how they had that marthon game 2 days ago!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    too lazy to scroll back to find the league, anyone got a link handy? lol

nm found it

I'm already dickered on my STL/MIN and NYI/WSH game numbers D:
    You picked the wild/blues to be a sweep? :O for which lol
    You're a towel.

Like I said when he went down, Weber may have the C, Fisher is the glue. Fisher with a hell of a game tonight, just can't say enough about him. Wilson now tied with Tarasenko for the lead in goals, WTF? Forsberg finds out before the game he didn't even get picked as a finalist for the Calder, and has a hat trick. Yall please motivate him some more, holy crap. Other than the first goal, which isn't completely his fault because Franson sucked ass yet again, Rinne looked pretty good. He seemed a lot less frantic in net tonight which is a good sign.

Now the bad news, Weber is done for the year, thee injury was an ACL. Even if we do manage some how to come back and win this thing, probably done in the next round anyways.

Deleted
    Yes! Preds are still alive! I have faith.

I can get my 2nd bracket prediction right tonight, Montreal - Ottawa 4-1 in games!