10+ Year Old Account
    Lawrence Arms fan eh? I like The Falcon more but LA is mad good.

@kilj everything you say is true. PARADE TIME
    Last edited by ketzil; 2011-06-16 at 05:10 AM.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    if anyone of you live in canada.. put it on ctv newsnet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    well I said it at the beginning of the series that Boston would win the series and they did, to the canucks fans, I know it sucks. Just like when I had to watch the pats lose the superbowl in the perfect season. But Boston played better than the canucks. They shut down the twins and their 4th line did a lot more than the canucks forth line. Also yes romes hit on horton is what sparked the fury of the b's and the hit on chara tonight just rekindled it, It was dirty and your lucky you escaped without a penalty. The 3rd goal most of you are saying shouldnt of been aloud and it should of been a penalty shot, well sorry to inform you but he was forced to slide in with the defensemen. So there would be no goalie interference and luongo could of got infront of them and played it better. But overall bruins deserved it and guess what, the bruins will be back next year and tyler sequin will get recchi's time and you better believe they are winning the presidents trophy next year. Good night im drunk Ive lost my voice and im going to a parade this weekend
    Congratulations on you win, now you can fuck off with you biased analysis and stop rubbing it in. Show some class and enjoy your well deserved victory without being a douche about it.

Pathetic....just pathetic...

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I don't believe... I be-leaf.
    -snip-
    Toronto Maple Leafs, 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!
    Well, unlike the Leafs, the Canucks have a great core of players that can do it right now. Minor adjustments are needed, with the coach being fired being the most "major" of the minor. AV seems to much of a pacifist. Maybe hiring a few crashers and bangers too could help.

I know we'll be back here next year.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Canucks fans, while the season may have ended in tragedy, lets not forget the good times.

Mandatory there is always next year comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Well, unlike the Leafs, the Canucks have a great core of players that can do it right now. Minor adjustments are needed, with the coach being fired being the most "major" of the minor. AV seems to much of a pacifist. Maybe hiring a few crashers and bangers too could help.

I know we'll be back here next year.
    If they can do it right now, why didn't they?

The Leafs had a better record after the all-star break than the Canucks did.
    It was their dismal pre all-star break performance that kept them out of the playoffs.

I realize the Leafs have a long way to go, but the Canucks have a lot of work to do, too.
    Luongo's goaltending is as solid as a soup sandwich, and the Sedin brothers draw too many diving penalties.
    Raffi Torres is one of the biggest goons in the NHL, and Ryan Kesler is on his way to graduating from Sean Avery University.

2nd place may as well be 30th place. There is only one winner, and 29 losers. Remember that.

10+ Year Old Account

It was their dismal pre all-star break performance that kept them out of the playoffs.

I realize the Leafs have a long way to go, but the Canucks have a lot of work to do, too.
    Luongo's goaltending is as solid as a soup sandwich, and the Sedin brothers draw too many diving penalties.
    Raffi Torres is one of the biggest goons in the NHL, and Ryan Kesler is on his way to graduating from Sean Avery University.

2nd place may as well be 30th place. There is only one winner, and 29 losers. Remember that.
    So true on so many levels.
    Hey everyone

Not worth it right now.
    I remember it all too well

Deleted
    Tell that to Chicago, Nashville and San Jose. If the only way you'll ever be happy is with 1st place you'll have a very miserable life.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Congratulations on you win, now you can fuck off with you biased analysis and stop rubbing it in. Show some class and enjoy your well deserved victory without being a douche about it.
    I fail to see how he's being a douche. It seemed like a pretty fair analysis by a Bruins fan after one hell of a series, without any nastiness(like you certainly showed).

U man bro?

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta love Vancouver when they play hockey

10+ Year Old Account
    The golden age of Boston sports continues. Gotta give Vancouver credit, that was a hell of a series, but the injury to Horton was the turn of the tide. Just got back from downtown Boston, what a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently 3 people have already been killed in the Vancouver riots tonight.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsun View Post
    I fail to see how he's being a douche. It seemed like a pretty fair analysis by a Bruins fan after one hell of a series, without any nastiness(like you certainly showed).

U man bro?
    It's "you mad bro". And I'm not mad, a very strong Boston team earned the win fair and square. However after you win a Stanley Cup the classy thing to do is say "good series guys, you put up a good fight" and then go celebrate your victory. What ISN'T classy is to give biased analysis, call the team you just beat divers and talk about how the Canucks got off lucky without a penalty on this or that perceived dirty hit in the game or how our goalie made this or that mistake. I can take random pot-shots at your team too if I wanted to be a sore loser. Biased analysis is biased, there's no need for it from either side after the series ends.

Right now there's hooligans who don't even watch hockey setting downtown Vancouver on fire, so you'll excuse me if I don't like reading critiques about the Canucks followed by "woo hoo Im drunk, parade time". I'm gonna say it for a 3rd time in case you still somehow manage to see "nastiness" in my post. Congratulations on your win, it was well deserved. There's no sarcasm, I mean that, especially for Tim Thomas who is officially my favorite player of all the playoffs. Celebrate all you want, comment and praise your team all day long, they earned it. But don't criticize or analyze the opposition you just beat, kicking someone when they're down is being a douche.

Edit: And for the record, my favorite team is Detroit. I'm not an arrogant Canucks fan that will try to convince you that the Bruins were the dirtier team or anything stupid like that. I just hate to see bad sportsmanship from either side, and imo it's bad sportsmanship to go we won, we're better than you na-na-na *sticks tongue out*.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-06-16 at 06:47 AM.

I will finally chime in on this thread, which has turned very ugly. The Canucks came into this series with the mindset the cup would be handed to them in 4 games. Like in football they say "And thats why they play the games" Vancouver you got out played in every single part of the game. The Bruins scored more short handed goals then your amazing powerplay. Bruins are a much better 5 on 5 team and killed you on the powerplay. It was an awesome series and im glad my Bruins won they deserved it more then the Canucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloredtoad View Post
    I will finally chime in on this thread, which has turned very ugly. The Canucks came into this series with the mindset the cup would be handed to them in 4 games. Like in football they say "And thats why they play the games" Vancouver you got out played in every single part of the game. The Bruins scored more short handed goals then your amazing powerplay. Bruins are a much better 5 on 5 team and killed you on the powerplay. It was an awesome series and im glad my Bruins won they deserved it more then the Canucks.
    Boston did not play their best in games 1 and 2, Vancouver didn't play their best in many away periods as well as (imo) game 7. Both teams had their moments of dominance in 5v5, but Boston had a much better PP, which honestly wasn't hard to do considering how terrible Van was. It's not hard to have a PP that's "better" than one which lets in more shorthanded goals than they score. Boston also had a more consistent goaltender. Both goalies had 2 shutouts and looked invincible at times, however TT's low-end was a 3 goal game, Luongo's low was 8... and 5... and another 5.

I don't know if it was because of Horton, but from game 3 onward Boston started to look like the slightly better team, mostly because of the PP advantage and having a goaltender/defense that played well every game, not only half the games. Those are the two major differences I saw, they might be skewed due to bias although I think I do a decent job of staying objective despite rooting for one team or the other.

And there was a lot of dirty crap from both sides, one might disagree with me on this but I think in terms of hits/slashes/fights etc. both teams did a ton, and both teams got away with a ton. Vancouver had more diving, which frankly disappoints me since I hate diving in any sport of any kind. I think both the Rome and Boychuck hits had 0 malicious intent to injure behind them and both injuries were accidents which everyone should regret, again people from both cities will probably disagree about this, it's just my take on it.

Overall I don't think Vancouver showed up like it's a SCF. Neither did Boston for games 1 and 2 but they played their hearts out for the other 5 and won 4 of them, so a deserving winner. Also, best mascot in the NHL.

I couldn't root for Vancouver this year because of all the obnoxious Canucks fans I ran into recently who could only talk shit hen they have yet to win a Cup themselves. I used to love them, especially when Pavel Bure played for the team.

I said it before, no team deserves to win the Cup if they lose 8-0 in a Stanley Cup Finals game. I'm glad it turned out the way. Great Stanley Cup Finals (other than that one blowout). Bruins deserved to win. Thomas was unreal.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2011-06-16 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Deleted some of it cuz it was more douchy than I wanted it to come out.

what a sad way to end the series. seriously Loungo you've lost way more games than you've won and this time its on home ice and it actually matters. good god go back to goalie camp or something. I find it pathetic than the boston goons actually scaped by and won the cup, and the only player on the boston team that seems to deserve it is Tim Thomas for beating Martin's record of most saves. Granted the Canucks werent doing as much goal-scoring as they did in every other series but if Loungo actually saved goals instead of sidestepping them, just one away game we wouldnt even be in this mess. yuck