15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Funny political cartoon this morning. We just had a 42 day public transit strike here, and they just ended it this week, if that helps in understanding the funny.

red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha that's great. Seems like Toews progress is going better and better. Would be nice to see him back on the ice friday.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Man, the Bruins really need a big win against the Panthers tonight. They've had a couple of shutouts against them this season, another one would be nice. Especially if it was another 8-0 one. Something to get the confidence back because they seem to be lacking it right now. It's been hard to watch them play since the new year. I really don't see Turco as being that reliable of a back up. I understand what they were doing when the signed him, but there's a reason he didn't have a job in the NHL up till now this season. It may be a bit unfair to judge him solely on his first start, but it was a horrible start. Thankfully it won't be for much longer and Tuukka should be back soon.

So glad I didn't go to the Tampa game the other night. I don't think I would have been able to sit through the whole thing. It was hard enough watching the whole thing on tv. Although being their for Stamkos' 50th would have been cool. Especially since all of his merch was 50% at the Forum once it happened. Great way to pick up a cheap ass jersey. Just wish it didn't come against the Bruins.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Big night for the West playoff race. Please help Devils

Looks like St. Louis clinches a spot if they win tonight.
    Crosby is back.
    Marcellos probably having a heart attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    glad to see Sid is back from his injury.. but Sid cam...

3 minutes of game time for Crosby's line to get a goal...He might not have gotten an assist but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-0 leafs PPG 1.09 into the first (liles)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Looks like St. Louis clinches a spot if they win tonight.
    Crosby is back.
    Marcellos probably having a heart attack.
    Leafs scored the first goal in a game in like a month, odd things are happening tonight already.

10+ Year Old Account
    that was a boring first period

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus can't even watch that Rangers/Penguins game. Every time he steps on the ice the dude announces it. Poor Letang, no one cares that hes back even though he solidifies their defense-core. I know Crosby is amazing and all, but the attention is way overrated. When Datsyuk comes back, guaranteed there will barely be any mention of it. Oh well, media being media nothing new I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    3-0 leafs.. 2nd period much better

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl, what a goal by Gardiner, that's highlight reel for sure, probably one of the nicest goals by a defender this year.

A few good quote from Downgoesbrown I thought people would enjoy

Philadelphia Flyers

Greatest strength: Have recently been putting a real emphasis on closing things out properly, although so far those things are just Nicklas Grossmann's nameplates.

Potential weakness: Teammates report that they'd feel a lot better about Ilya Bryzgalov's three recent shutouts if he didn't always respond to their post-game compliments by looking around in confusion and asking "Wait, did we play tonight?"

Detroit Red Wings

Greatest strength: The injury-plagued team has recently received several moving sympathy cards from around the league reading "So sorry to hear about all your all-stars being hurt" although come to think of it some of those may have been sarcastic.

Potential weakness: Opponents continue to demand suspensions whenever Niklas Kronwall launches himself into any player he catches with their head down, but maybe those cry-babies should just find a different way to listen to the national anthem.

New York Rangers

Greatest strength: Their forwards and defencemen are known for fearlessly hurling their bodies in front of any shots directed at Henrik Lundqvist, although opponents admit it's kind of creepy how they always do it while yelling "Protect his beautiful face!"

Potential weakness: While players getting hurt is a fact of life and should be expected during the stretch drive and playoffs, it's got to be nerve-wracking knowing you're only 15 or 16 injured forwards away from Sean Avery getting called up.

Vancouver Canucks

Greatest strength: Gained invaluable experience during last year's playoff run, and should also be well-rested thanks to the three days of offseason they got afterwards.

Potential weakness: Roberto Luongo admits that while it's nice to hear coaches and teammates say they have full confidence in him and aren't looking to bring in a goalie with a better reputation for coming through in the clutch, he'd still like to know why this Connor Crisp kid is suddenly hanging around.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can put it in the win column, 5 in a row!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man the Bruins are really shitting the bed right now, they are on a slide worthy of the Leafs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Man the Bruins are really shitting the bed right now, they are on a slide worthy of the Leafs.
    Wings are no better, but at least our fans keep showing up to the boards. i don't think i've seen much of Chedda and his friend lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Wings are no better, but at least our fans keep showing up to the boards. i don't think i've seen much of Chedda and his friend lately.
    I wonder if he comes back if they should win the Stanly..
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,1159903.story WILL PISS OFF!
    Man that is not good.. Just hope that he is back for the playoff where we truely need him..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    I'm still around, don't you worry. Just not as active a poster as some. And yeah, we have been shitting the bed lately...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I'm still around, don't you worry. Just not as active a poster as some. And yeah, we have been shitting the bed lately...
    you weren't the one i was talking about, i was referring to regular posters.