10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

How nuts is it that the Marty Brodeur Rule basically fucked the Devils as intended and cost them the big crucial second goal in today's game? Poor guy. The NHL creates a rule solely to fuck with Brodeur's biggest strength and it hurts them as intended in a crucial playoff situation.
    What happened? I didn't get to see any of the Devils-Panthers tonight

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    What happened? I didn't get to see any of the Devils-Panthers tonight
    On Florida's second goal, Florida chipped the puck in from the blue line. Marty went behind the net to play it, but the puck slowed way down and right before it entered the trapezoid, the Florida player managed to reach the puck, chip it out front to a wide open panther for a goal on a completely empty net. Without the trapezoid Marty would have been able to clear that puck out of the zone, but instead it results in a goal.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 12:31 AM ----------

This series wouldn't feel complete without another OT.

10+ Year Old Account
    This series wouldn't feel complete without another OT.
    This PHX - CHI series is actually tied for an NHL record for most OT's now.

Hawks live to see another day!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a snipe by Toews, jesus

If Phoenix closes this out, Phoenix/Nashville is going to be the worst series ever. Every single game is going to be 2-1 or 1-0. Two non-spending teams facing off in the second round of the playoffs thanks to excellent goaltending and commitment to defense first. What is this the fucking mid-90s?

If I'm the Sharks, I make it a priority to try and move Marleau. How many seasons in a row does he have to completely be terrible in the playoffs before the last four people that support that guy jump off his wagon? 0 points, -1 in 5 playoff games as one of the veteran leaders of the Sharks.

How nuts is it that the Marty Brodeur Rule basically fucked the Devils as intended and cost them the big crucial second goal in today's game? Poor guy. The NHL creates a rule solely to fuck with Brodeur's biggest strength and it hurts them as intended in a crucial playoff situation.

I'll agree on the scores, although we do have the potential to score lots of goals. We were first on the PP, and were in the top half of the league in goals. While we are a defense first team ( thats the Trotz system) unlike in past years we do have the ability to make you pay for screwing up.

As far as the non-spending part goes, well some of that is and isn't our fault. We spent 7 mil on Peks, Suter has been offered better than 7 mill a season but refused to sign it. We are paying Weber 7.5 mil this season and the owners have said they are willing to pay him fair market value as well to stay. If the owners back up there words the Preds will be one of the higher cap teams next season.

This year was one of those years where we had actually planned to take a slight step back to be able to sign Suter, Weber and grab a few more. Plans got changed when we did well with the youngest team in the league, and Sutter said he wasn't going to resign til the end of the year. Also we let a few FA's go either because they got ludicrous offers ( Joel Wards contract made me laugh) or because they stayed hurt all the time ( Sully).

The owners have said they are willing to spend the money they need to, its really just a matter of getting players to sign. ( There is a reason they brough in another partner from Canada, and supposedly he opened his wallet and said to do what it takes) We will see if that happens or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    This PHX - CHI series is actually tied for an NHL record for most OT's now.

Hawks live to see another day!
    Hawks have also set the record for consecutive playoff overtimes with 7, since their last two games last year went to OT as well.

12 in 12 isn't just a Cardinals slogan anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    12 in 12 isn't just a Cardinals slogan anymore.
    ok you lost me. the boos have never won the stanley cup. the wings were running that slogan because we were going for our 12th stanley cup in 12, but that didnt pan out.
    how the hell did it pertain to the boos?

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    ok you lost me. the boos have never won the stanley cup. the wings were running that slogan because we were going for our 12th stanley cup in 12, but that didnt pan out.
    how the hell did it pertain to the boos?
    St. Louis Cardinals = 12th WS Championship in 2012.
    St. Louis Blues = 12 Minimum games left to win the Stanley Cup.

P.S. don't be sad that we made it farther than you, you did have 22 consecutive home wins though.
    Last edited by bluesfan18; 2012-04-22 at 07:30 AM.

12 in 12 makes more sense if you win 12 straight, imo, than "win 12 games in '12 playoffs", because that's like, what any winner will be doing?
    Because 12 wins in 12 tries.
    If you lost the first game (I forgets), you still have a shot at 12 straight though!

(edit - Has anyone ever swept the playoffs? And if so, in modern times)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I reading this correct, Boston/Washington play tomorrow also? Back2back?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Yeah seemed kind of odd to me too, wonder if there was an arena issue that caused them to need to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Way too excessive of a punishment for that hit. I guess his prior history got the better of him.
    Its not excessive at all, considering his past history, its down right justified. I'm all for hitting hockey, but hit the god damned body. Enough of this nonsense with the head shots. It was stupid when Cooke kept doing it, he got a 10 game, and now look at this year, instead of being a headshot artist he was you know, playing hockey. Who knows, maybe Raffi has it in him too, if Cooke can, then I'm gonna assume he can.

worthless blackhawks.. why cant u just lose dammit... Phoenix came so close to killing them tonight zzz.. and LOL@ the Sens taking care of the Rangers talk about their kickass goalie saving everything.

fucking Rafi.. 25 games is excessive. but ill be honest.. i love Raffi.. when he was on the Canucks we'd always laugh when he gets sent onto the ice taking bets trying to figure out who hes gonna cream next, i admit i love seeing people get smashed as fuck by a big hit.. but for **** sakes avoid the head dammit..
    that being said.. anyone who hits the head from now on should also gain a massive suspension like that too.
    Last edited by announced; 2012-04-22 at 10:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Ya Boston/Washington play back to back with travel (although Washington DC and Boston aren't that far) while Vancouver/LA will be playing after three days off. Quality scheduling. At least there aren't three fucking games on at 7 pm today! Why the NHL didn't play the Vancouver/LA game at 10pm tonight and move one of the 7pm games from yesterday to today is beyond me. The Knicks aren't playing at home today so they could have moved the Rangers game to today and had a 12, 3, 7, and 10 game while not fucking up their ratings by forcing fans to watch three different games at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account

Fuck yea. Toews... Fuck yea. Just fuck yea. Coyotes is time to meet the real United Center. The place where you get beat up, in OT most likely.
    It's not impossible for Hawks to come back. The Danish Hockey Championship game 7 was played yesterday, and the team that was down 3-1 actually came back and won the serie 4-3. I hope Hawks can do the same thing.
    This playoff is just crazy as said before, the year of the underdogs. Imagine no Nucks, No Hawks, No Rangers, No Wings, No Bruins.. Unreal..
    Cmon Hawks, to more wins and you can start all fresh, Cmon beat those bastards on Monday will ya.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    fucking Rafi.. 25 games is excessive. *snip*
    that being said.. anyone who hits the head from now on should also gain a massive suspension like that too.
    It's not excessive. And someone with a single head hit won't get anywhere near 25 games. Torres broke 3 Rules - most notably the head hit... NHL stressed this to players this year, and this is his third violation... THIS YEAR. If there's anyone else who has 2+ violations this year, and hits someone in the head viciously - then yes they should also get a massive suspension. Shanny made an example out of Raffi; not just "Don't hit people in the head" but more of a "When I give you small punishments, learn your fucking lesson or I'll give you a few months to learn it!"

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post

Fuck yea. Toews... Fuck yea. Just fuck yea. Coyotes is time to meet the real United Center. The place where you get beat up, in OT most likely.
    It's not impossible for Hawks to come back. The Danish Hockey Championship game 7 was played yesterday, and the team that was down 3-1 actually came back and won the serie 4-3. I hope Hawks can do the same thing.
    This playoff is just crazy as said before, the year of the underdogs. Imagine no Nucks, No Hawks, No Rangers, No Wings, No Bruins.. Unreal..
    Cmon Hawks, to more wins and you can start all fresh, Cmon beat those bastards on Monday will ya.
    Hoping for the best for my Hawks come Monday night. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings watching the game and the place went absolutely ballistic when Tazer shot the Lazer! I jumped up and start running around giving random people High5's as well! If we can pull this out of our ass and win 2 more in a row I will be deeply amazed. We got a good day of hockey today too, can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Hoping for the best for my Hawks come Monday night. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings watching the game and the place went absolutely ballistic when Tazer shot the Lazer! I jumped up and start running around giving random people High5's as well! If we can pull this out of our ass and win 2 more in a row I will be deeply amazed. We got a good day of hockey today too, can't wait!
    We do have indeed. Bruins, Nucks, Peguins with at knife at their throat, guess there'll be a lot of fighting.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    1-0 Flyers, guess it's going to game 7.
    red panda red panda red panda!