15+ Year Old Account
    Would not have guessed the World's final would be Russia vs Slovakia. Should be entertaining, and by entertaining I mean Russia is gonna stomp them dead. 7-0-0-0 +19 GD in pool play and 11 goals in the two elimination games. Having not watched any of their games until this replay of their game today against Finland, good lord is Malkin dominating. 18 points in 9 games is good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    rofl no kidding Fuzzzie. 27 degrees today, absolutely beautiful. I have been chilling all day with cold brews and enjoying the sun shine, god knows I don't get any of it being trapped indoors all day at work.
    I had a great day enjoying it. Got a lot of gardening done, drank some Sapporo in the sun, planted some tomatoes

Bummed the devils lost. I'm fairly sure NYR will win. Devils are a great team and I'm sure surprised a lot of people. They seem to be missing something though. Still holding out hope for them though. Its still technically early in the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Would not have guessed the World's final would be Russia vs Slovakia. Should be entertaining, and by entertaining I mean Russia is gonna stomp them dead. 7-0-0-0 +19 GD in pool play and 11 goals in the two elimination games. Having not watched any of their games until this replay of their game today against Finland, good lord is Malkin dominating. 18 points in 9 games is good.
    Someone even more impressive is Patrick Thoresen, has 18 points in 8 games and plays for fucking Norway.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, the NHL has made it clear that they plan on dissolving the current CBA on September 15th. This does not bode well for the NHLPA and the players. There are a lot of issues that need to be fixed in both the rule book and player contracts in terms of financial value and length. And I know one guy who is going to be very adamant about the latter issue, and that's Brian Burke.

But can you blame him? The Kovalchuck, Luongo and DiPietro contracts are a prime example of how retarded player salaries are getting. There needs to be a dollar value cap as well as a length of no more then a 5 year duration between contract renewals on players making more then 4 million dollars a season (that's cap hit), guys who want to take less money and stay for their whole careers I'd be more then willing to see them have 8 year contracts, it doesn't hurt the team if they need to make a trade because the dollar value isn't insanely high, and it starts to balance out the big ticket versus non big ticket salaries. I mean honestly, Grabovski isn't worth more then Kessel in terms of skill, and Kessel at best is a 6.5 million dollar player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Someone even more impressive is Patrick Thoresen, has 18 points in 8 games and plays for fucking Norway.
    Yeah, but Thoresen had the major advantage of the 4:12 curbstomp against Germany, where we handed him his points on a silver platter. I think he made three goals and three or four assists in that game alone, whereas Germany lost only 2:0 against Russia.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I had a great day enjoying it. Got a lot of gardening done, drank some Sapporo in the sun, planted some tomatoes

Bummed the devils lost. I'm fairly sure NYR will win. Devils are a great team and I'm sure surprised a lot of people. They seem to be missing something though. Still holding out hope for them though. Its still technically early in the series.
    It was beautiful the entire week I was in BC last week, and I came back to beautiful weather in Nova Scotia. xD

Also, because I haven't been around in a while, fuck NYR.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Yeah, but Thoresen had the major advantage of the 4:12 curbstomp against Germany, where we handed him his points on a silver platter. I think he made three goals and three or four assists in that game alone, whereas Germany lost only 2:0 against Russia.
    Malkin got 5 points in the stomping of Sweden
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not hard to get a lot of points when everyone else in the tournament is about 3 tiers of hockey lower then you in terms of skill. Who were Sweden's goalies? My guess is they shit the bed due to a lack of guys like Lundqvist and Kipper. European league players don't have the kind of finesse that Malkin has with the puck, he can beat any goalie in any league in this day and age regardless of ice surface. Hell, one would think the larger ice gives him more room to work with the puck, and maybe that's why he is so dominant in the NHL, as he was able to hone his skills in Russia and really didn't have to change much about his offensive game to dominate in the NHL.

Also no one in chat when the Kings/Coyotes game is on? Fail!

Also, Prust is set to have a hearing today in regards to an elbow on Volchenkov in yesterday's game.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-05-20 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden has only ever had 18 goalies play in the NHL and Lundqvist, Enroth and Salo the only ones really worth mentioning.

Also Kipper is Finnish.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    What the hell is going on with CBC's feed? ROfl
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Grats Russia on blowing up Slovakia for the gold. Datsyuk and Semin had three points each in the final. Semin should keep his name Syomin in the NHL.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the CBC feed was fucked at the end of the 1st period. I want to see the Kings wrap it up in 4 games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grats Yotes on not going out like bitches. In before this game was rigged.

In fact, I'm gonna be that person:
    This game was totally rigged. The NHL needed another home game for the Yotes to get some more revenue on the books to make the franchise look like it isn't the horrible pile of terrible it is.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only caught the 3rd period in the car but the guys on the Phoenix radio broadcast station were literally crying about the refing. "I DONT WANNA SAY IT BUT THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS". Was the refing really that bad? I know radio stations can be outrageous homers most of the time so I wasn't exactly sure. Sounded like they played good old Coyote hockey, grab a lead, let Mike Smith make every save in the world, and play offense only when you have the chance to instead of trying to make it happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anny particular reason Trevor Lewis got the third star besides homerism? Only played 13 minutes and had 5 hits according to the stat sheet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured Mike Smith would steal one game for the Yotes, guess this was it. Oh well, The LA road kings are about to go 8-0 on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's not hard to get a lot of points when everyone else in the tournament is about 3 tiers of hockey lower then you in terms of skill. Who were Sweden's goalies? My guess is they shit the bed due to a lack of guys like Lundqvist and Kipper.
    The management insisted on putting in a goalie playing in the domestic league instead of Enroth.
    Something I do not agree with.
    Sweden has only ever had 18 goalies play in the NHL and Lundqvist, Enroth and Salo the only ones really worth mentioning.
    I'd rank Hedberg over Salo and what Enroth has accomplished (so far).
    Lindbergh won a vezina, the year before he accidentallied his car.
    Gustavsson is a really solid goalie when he gets a few games under his belt, and his heart doesn't decide to stop.
    Lehner, Lindbäck and Enroth has all the potential to make it big, but are all stuck behind world-class goalies of their own right or with a management who puts in veteran goalies in front of him without giving him the chance (@ Lehner).
    Markström was one of the biggest talents in Sweden, regardless of his position. Will be interesting to see what happens there.
    Karlsson is okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The management insisted on putting in a goalie playing in the domestic league instead of Enroth.
    Something I do not agree with.
    I'd rank Hedberg over Salo and what Enroth has accomplished (so far).
    Lindbergh won a vezina, the year before he accidentallied his car.
    Gustavsson is a really solid goalie when he gets a few games under his belt, and his heart doesn't decide to stop.
    Lehner, Lindbäck and Enroth has all the potential to make it big, but are all stuck behind world-class goalies of their own right or with a management who puts in veteran goalies in front of him without giving him the chance (@ Lehner).
    Markström was one of the biggest talents in Sweden, regardless of his position. Will be interesting to see what happens there.
    Karlsson is okay.
    Well, Hedberg has been a life long back up, at least Salo was consitent.
    Lehner, Lindback and Enroth could all be great goalies one day, Enorth has just had the most time starting, as well as the most impressive.(imo)
    Markstrom could be great, has the potential to be Lundqvist like, once again though, barely any NHL experience.

I had completely forgotten about Lindbergh, what a career he could of had.

As for Gustavsson, I think he's pretty terrible and him playing at his best is Curtis Sanford level. :l

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda funny that Malkin just explodes on this tournament. Why didn't he play that good during their series with Philly, Bryzgalov was about at the level of the IIHF goalies

15+ Year Old Account
    As for Gustavsson, I think he's pretty terrible and him playing at his best is Curtis Sanford level. :l
    Hey buddy, that is too far. The Monster is at least Johan Hedberg level on a semi-decent team.

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 07:13 AM ----------

I had completely forgotten about Lindbergh, what a career he could of had.
    I just learned from Wikipedia that he was the first goalie to bring a water bottle onto the ice with him because he had severe dehydration issues.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-05-21 at 03:39 PM.