15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I wonder if Tim Thomas predicted this when he decided to take the year off.
    No Tim Thomas straight up got fired by the Bruins.

15+ Year Old Account
    so...anyone else actually HAPPY about the lockout...?
    yeah...didn't think so...anyone for firing Buttman?

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt firing Bettman will do the league any good, I'm sure the next guy will be just as bad or even possibly worse.

The devil you know, etc.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I doubt firing Bettman will do the league any good, I'm sure the next guy will be just as bad or even possibly worse.

The devil you know, etc.
    The next guy might be willing to move Phoenix which is definitely hampering talks since they are case #1 for failing franchise losing money and draining revenue sharing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what I find ironic? The NHL released their 2012-2013 TV schedule today.....lolololololololololololololol

Also, that they don't let you comment on CBA related articles on the NHL website.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    if Fehr looks like hes trying to stand in the spotlight for sticking up for teh players and ensuring a decent deal for them...
    whats your opinion of bettman whos blatently trying to screw the players over?
    I don't understand - did I come off as favouring Bettman's side? I'm just really questioning whether he has the players best interests at heart, long term. I think both sides are equally evil in this debate.
    so...anyone else actually HAPPY about the lockout...?
    Of course. It means I can actually see NHL stars at humane hours since some will be playing in Europe.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you came off as supporting the owners. And move to this side of the pond if you want to watch real hockey players play

I will not deny that the NHL has better players. But, it's far from the only entertaining such.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I will not deny that the NHL has better players. But, it's far from the only entertaining such.
    thats only because the players come for the money...after all most our players are born outside of US. Canada, Russia, and Sweden seem to be the hotbead for players.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada is more than just a hotbed. More like the steam engine that pumps out players to make this league not shitty like the KHL/Other leagues around the world :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Canada is more than just a hotbed. More like the steam engine that pumps out players to make this league not shitty like the KHL/Other leagues around the world :P
    no, there the hotbed making teams outside of detroit not shitty.
    Sweden and Russia are Detroits hotbed.

Landeskog youngest captain NHL has had*.
    Not really surprising, he came into it really mature. He's not the captain because he's necessarily the best player, like in the case of Crosby, but because he's a mature and natural leader.

*) Does it still count if the season gets cancelled?

15+ Year Old Account
    Landeskog youngest captain NHL has had*.
    Not really surprising, he came into it really mature. He's not the captain because he's necessarily the best player, like in the case of Crosby, but because he's a mature and natural leader.

*) Does it still count if the season gets cancelled?
    Grats to the Skog. Speaking of captains, the Wings should be announcing their fairly soon. Who will follow Hall of Famer Steve Yzerman and soon to be Hall of Famer Nicklas Lidstrom? Heavily rumored it is going to be Hank. Kind of sad about that since we all know European captains can't win Cups and have only won a single one in the history of the NHL.

Bonus question: Without Googling, who was the Wings captain the four season prior to Stevie? Unless you are a real diehard Wings or Sabres(Hint) fan there is no way you know this. For the record I did not know it off the top of my head and even now I have no fucking idea who he is. 1942-1975 I have on lock, but Dead Wings era is a deadzone for me since I were not alive and no one cares about a single player from that era.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-09-04 at 07:24 PM.

I'm guessing Zetterberg or Cleary, actually.

And I had no idea about that captain before Yzer, I had to wiki it. Never heard of him, tbqh.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing Zetterberg or Cleary, actually.

And I had no idea about that captain before Yzer, I had to wiki it. Never heard of him, tbqh.
    Cleary more than likely won't be a Red Wing after this season.

I might be alone in this, but I would love to see a guy like Darren Helm get the C. He is young and not really a top line guy, but that dude busts his ass every shift, plays both ends of the ice, and just seems like he is the kind of guy you want to be one of your team leaders.

I suppose you follow that first bit a fair bit closer than I have.

I wouldn't mind seeing it on Helm, actually. Although, I still, most likely mistakenly, think of him as someone who barely make the roster, but his play on the ice? Now, that I like.
    I don't see any Swede other than Zetterberg think of themselves fitting to step up. But it would be fun seeing Kronwall dish out open-ice hits and then go talk with the ref after the other teams' skaters jump him. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I suppose you follow that first bit a fair bit closer than I have.

I wouldn't mind seeing it on Helm, actually. Although, I still, most likely mistakenly, think of him as someone who barely make the roster, but his play on the ice? Now, that I like.
    I don't see any Swede other than Zetterberg think of themselves fitting to step up. But it would be fun seeing Kronwall dish out open-ice hits and then go talk with the ref after the other teams' skaters jump him. :P
    Ya I would be fine with Kron getting it also. He is another guy who is going to be on the team for years and years to come. I'm a big fan of those team lifer players getting the captaincy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly i think its going to be Z or D. before Stevie Y was a guy named Dare i believe. not 100% sure though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly i think its going to be Z or D. before Stevie Y was a guy named Dare i believe. not 100% sure though.
    Very close btw.

Truthfully, there is a fairly decent chance Datsyuk plays out his remaining contract and returns to Russia in two years. As truly horrified as I am to say that, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he goes back after 2013-14. That is the reason I think he won't get it. That and his English is just hilarious awful still. Can not wait for 24/7 broken English jokes from Datsyuk. Going to be great. Fix the fucking CBA Bettman/Fehr or I will hurt you (by cutting my Dish Network subscription down to the next tier which I haven't done already because I would lose NBCSN).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Very close btw.

Truthfully, there is a fairly decent chance Datsyuk plays out his remaining contract and returns to Russia in two years. As truly horrified as I am to say that, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he goes back after 2013-14. That is the reason I think he won't get it. That and his English is just hilarious awful still. Can not wait for 24/7 broken English jokes from Datsyuk. Going to be great. Fix the fucking CBA Bettman/Fehr or I will hurt you (by cutting my Dish Network subscription down to the next tier which I haven't done already because I would lose NBCSN).
    your right i was close. i checked with my buddy. Danny Gare.
    >.>

and the thought of Datsyuk leaving the NHL in two years...lets NEVER MENTION THAT AGAIN OK!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 05:19 PM ----------

and for the record i was AT MOST 1 when that guy was Captain...