Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I'm usually pretty ok with the Leafs announcers. Since I don't have a tv, I've been streaming all the opposing teams' stations and... of all the teams I've seen this year, I'd say that the Bruins colour guy is the biggest offender of being a homer, and the Islanders guy seemed to be the least competent about hockey overall.
    All I read was
    Islanders hockey competent
    in the same sentence and I started laughing

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    And Zeoni, I've already explained this before but, a CSN CHICAGO telecast is being broadcast for CHICAGO hockey fans, not for a neutral audience. The CHICAGO audience wants to hear guys who seem excited when their team scores, and also what their team needs to do to win etc.
    There's a gigantic difference between being a network for Chicago fans and blatantly cheering for a team while broadcasting. It's not professional at all and I stand firmly behind the belief that that kind of announcing should be done on the radio rather than TV. It's a personal thing for me, I hardly like watching the Flames Sportsnet guy because he is quite similar to that. Just because you're casting games for a certain team doesn't mean you have to praise everything they do. Maybe I was just annoyed at the teams efforts or maybe it's just the fact that I don't like to hear homers call games. Take it as you will, it's just my opinion.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Iggy could be on his way out of Calgary as he was marked as a healthy scratch tonight, which means Calgary is going to dead donkey wang tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Iggy could be on his way out of Calgary as he was marked as a healthy scratch tonight, which means Calgary is going to dead donkey wang tonight
    Imagine if Calgary just absolutely dominated w/o Iginla tonight. Wonder if that would effect the asking price. Of course, they are playing the only team in the conference with less points than them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    How do you gather that though? He isn't even our top scorer right now and he's just another negative player on the roster. If we lose it won't be because Iginla isn't in the lineup, it'll just be because this team isn't good at all. Guy isn't good enough anymore to shoulder the load with Kipper like in years past. I'm glad this is finally happening and I look forward to watching him play elsewhere with people who are actually skilled hockey players. I'm calling Boston right now but I really wanted to see him in Pittsburgh.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    He can stay out of the east for all I care. No giving the Pens more of a chance to win the Cup the year my Leafs are going to make the playoffs

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're up 2-0 so far without him but I have a feeling we'll give them some of those back considering last time we choked a 3 goal lead twice to the Avs.

It's official, Jarome to the Bruins for 2 prospects and a 1st round pick. Not gonna lie, almost shed some tears even though I saw it coming.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-03-28 at 04:16 AM.

Iggy in a Bruins jersey.. Never thought I would see it. And son of a bitch Iggy.. why Boston?! Now I gotta cheer against you in the playoffs if the Leafs play Boston.. SOB!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    We're up 2-0 so far without him but I have a feeling we'll give them some of those back considering last time we choked a 3 goal lead twice to the Avs.

It's official, Jarome to the Bruins for 2 prospects and a 1st round pick. Not gonna lie, almost shed some tears even though I saw it coming.
    The biggest question is the conditional first rounder...if he signs with Boston. What the issue is, if he doesn't and ends up coming back to Calgary or retires...if Feaster shoehorned in a guarantee of a Flames 1st round pick going to Chiarelli. The other issue, if Boston signs him -after- the draft...then the whole thing was pointless from a rebuild standpoint as they miss out on a very very deep draft pool this year.

idk, in a way I am happy for Iggy to get getting potentially another shot to go into the playoffs and go deep. But at the same time I wanna see him back here next year and retire as a Flame the way it should be...but the cost of that might be high.

One thing is for sure, Feaster better have something insane up his sleeve, otherwise he might be one of the worst GM's...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is going on, just saw a press conference saying he's going to the Penguins now?

What is going on, just saw a press conference saying he's going to the Penguins now?
    ha just saw that too on TSN now. What the actual fuck?!

Makes sense I guess since the word was that Pitt would try to beat Boston's offer if possible. That said it might be more likely he's just a rental cuz the Pens cannot afford him next year without cutting some younger core people.

College prospects? Really? First rounder in there still, but doesn't have "conditional" attached to it...so there's that.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-03-28 at 05:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think it might switch again before the end?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I blame Aaron Ward he was running around during the game, came back on air and was spurting out JAROME IGINLA HAS BEEN TRADED TO BOSTON

The college guys are both Left Wingers, what the goddamn fuck. Ok, Calgary's job is to now lose every game and pick up a pair of something good...like...a center...MacKinnon would work...

That said, my money is on Pitt winning it all this year. Cuz goddamn what a lineup now....
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-03-28 at 05:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    That said, my money is on Pitt winning it all this year. Cuz goddamn what a lineup now....
    As someone once said... The higher the stack, the bigger the topple. To be honest I think Pitts filling all the wrong holes, but maybe im just an idiot.

Feaster has made one of the worst trades in recent memory. He traded a franchise player who he should have traded a few years ago when his stock was much higher and for what? Two prospects that will more than likely never make it to the NHL and a late first round pick. Bravo Feaster, bravo. Pittsburgh stole Iggy away even though he's just a rental and literally gave up nothing in return. I'd been saying for years to trade Kippers and Iggy to get some awesome prospects and players to rebuild the team. Not a gut job like EDM did, but build for the future. They have next to nothing in terms of prospects, a massive cap, and are a bubble playoff team year after year. Ouch. He is now officially the worst GM in the league, by far.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Iggy in a Bruins jersey.. Never thought I would see it. And son of a bitch Iggy.. why Boston?! Now I gotta cheer against you in the playoffs if the Leafs play Boston.. SOB!
    We won't be playing Boston, at least not in the first round.

Edit: And fuck you Shero, greedy asshole. I want to see someone other then Boston or Pittsburgh win the Cup for the East this year. Preferably, Montreal, Toronto or Ottawa. It would be ironic justice if Crosby got hurt right before the playoffs.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-03-28 at 09:44 AM.

I know, that is why I said "if".. And yea, I thought it was Boston for sure until I checked TSN for the scores and it said Pittsburgh which got a "The Fuck!" out of me.

Very curious to see the lines.. Play him with Malkin.. or play him with Crosby.. choices, choices!

I blame Aaron Ward he was running around during the game, came back on air and was spurting out JAROME IGINLA HAS BEEN TRADED TO BOSTON
    Well apparently the trade Boston offered was preferred by the Flames organization. They were ready to go through with it, but Iginla decided he wanted to go to Pittsburgh instead. This blows... I didn't want Iginla if we had to give up subban. But, giving up Bartkowski and Khokalev is a no brainer. Sucks that he didn't come to Boston, and even worse he went to the Pens. Just gotta hope they go the way of most "dream teams" and get bumped early... That'd be some poetic justice for a Bruins fan.