15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It takes at least a month for bones to heal, that is just common knowledge, especially from those of us who have broken bones in our lives
    I Drink to much milk to break bones, i once had a truck t-bone me driver side going 55 MPH (i was at a near standstill in my car) and the extent of my injuries was a pinhole fracture in my left shoulder and a bloody face from shattered windshield

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    I Drink to much milk to break bones, i once had a truck t-bone me driver side going 55 MPH (i was at a near standstill in my car) and the extent of my injuries was a pinhole fracture in my left shoulder and a bloody face from shattered windshield
    You'd think they'd replace the Gatorade bottles with Dairyland jugs then.

10+ Year Old Account
    BREAKING NEWS: Bob McKenzie reporting that the Blackhawks are finalizing a trade with the Vancouver Canucks that would send Corey Crawford, Nick Leddy, and Dylan Olsen to the Canucks in exchange for Roberto Luongo, David Booth, and Dan Hamhuis.

10+ Year Old Account
    That had better be an April Fool's joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    That had better be an April Fool's joke
    darn, you got me ^.-

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...2921--nhl.html

This however, is not a joke. I think it should be a wake-up call to the NHL and a reminder that they need to get serious about headshots and the cheap bastards that do them.
    Last edited by Garbles; 2013-04-01 at 06:14 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid Calgary is gonna make a trade and everyone is gonna think it's an April Fool's joke but it'll be an actual shitty trade like acquiring Jokinen again.

15+ Year Old Account
    not an april fools: Columbus is (at least for now) a PLAYOFF TEAM

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    not an april fools: Columbus is (at least for now) a PLAYOFF TEAM
    Hell is freezing over then, because the Leafs are going to make the playoffs and Crosby is out for the rest of the season, so it's anyone's game to win the conference for now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hell is freezing over then, because the Leafs are going to make the playoffs and Crosby is out for the rest of the season, so it's anyone's game to win the conference for now.
    Saint Louis, Nashville and Phoenix (3 teams who made the playoffs last year) are outside looking in, but to be fair and honest, Columbus has a 1 point lead on STL, but STL has 3 games in hand whenever they decide to start winning again. Still, after all the bullshit i had to deal with from STL fans this year about how the Wings were old, and with the loss of Lidstrom STuart and Homer we were going to be out of the playoffs i think it would be ironic if STL was the one outside looking in...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll call April Fools if the Rangers get a Power Play goal tonight and demand they take the goal away because PP goals don't exist for them.

I know it's crazy sounding, but I hope the Leafs can get rid of Grabovski for whatever they can get (ideally a 2nd rounder and a prospect, or a top-4 D). He's locked up for 4 more seasons, so that would be a plus for trade returns, but it's at 5.5M, which would be a huge minus with the drop off in production this year with the cap lowering next year.

Either that, or I think the Leafs need to amnesty him. Do something to get rid of him. He's playing 3rd line center for the team right now, and isn't even doing that very well - time to give Colborne an extended look, I would say (11GP, 1G, 5A, +6 in the NHL) over 2 seasons.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You keep saying that Crosby is out for the season like it's a fact when you are just guessing. Granted there seems to be little reason to throw him back out there during the regular season when they can probably still get the 1 seed without him, but I firmlly beleive he'll be on the ice for game 1 of the playoffs. He will be wearing the same full facemask that Stamkos wore in the ECF after breaking his nose.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-04-01 at 02:33 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I'll call April Fools if the Rangers get a Power Play goal tonight and demand they take the goal away because PP goals don't exist for them.
    I call April Fools if the Rangers score a goal at all, they have been shut out twice in a row and haven't scored much their last several games. Torts needs to be fired and so does Sather.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    You keep saying that Crosby is out for the season like it's a fact when you are just guessing. Granted there seems to be little reason to throw him back out there during the regular season when they can probably still get the 1 seed without him, but I firmlly beleive he'll be on the ice for game 1 of the playoffs. He will be wearing the same full facemask that Stamkos wore in the ECF after breaking his nose.
    Well the fact is that Crosby is out indefinitely with no timeline for a return, but with only 4 weeks left in the regular season (27 days actually), it is a mystery if he will return by the end of the regular season. Odds are he will still skate and practice with the team, since it's an injury that a week following surgery, he should be safe enough to skate and do drills at the least with no contact. Otherwise who knows, he could return for the first round, or the second if they survive it. Or he could be playing earlier, depends on what the doctors decide. Yes you can play with broken bones, but even with a cage, getting rattled too much could cause complications and Crosby could expect to get checked a lot on a nightly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I know it's crazy sounding, but I hope the Leafs can get rid of Grabovski for whatever they can get (ideally a 2nd rounder and a prospect, or a top-4 D). He's locked up for 4 more seasons, so that would be a plus for trade returns, but it's at 5.5M, which would be a huge minus with the drop off in production this year with the cap lowering next year.

Either that, or I think the Leafs need to amnesty him. Do something to get rid of him. He's playing 3rd line center for the team right now, and isn't even doing that very well - time to give Colborne an extended look, I would say (11GP, 1G, 5A, +6 in the NHL) over 2 seasons.
    They overpaid him drastically, especially in addition to the no trade clause, but it's not going to happen. He may be a buyout candidate if he doesn't pick things up, but I still see them using him as a 3rd line shutdown centre unless they decide to make a lot of cap room.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That team is still a cup contender without Crosby, especially seeing how Malkin steps up when Sid isn't in the lineup. I'm basically pigeon holed into being a Penguins fan because of the trade. Saw somewhere on NHL.com saying he would miss the first round of the playoffs. I'd say without Crosby in the lineup, it almost rests on Fleury's shoulders whether they win the cup or not. Hopefully Douglas Murray can hold steady on the back end if they end up facing the Rangers. Even the Penguins could lose to them considering how much raw talent New York has + Henrik Lundqvist. It's only a matter of time before that team wakes up and when they do, I hope to fuck no one I care about is facing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping it was a joke but nope. Handzus is on the Hawks now... I dont know why I keep thinking Bowman will make a big move...

10+ Year Old Account
    Robyn Regehr has been asked to waive his no trade to go to the Kings

Edit: Regehr for a pair of 2nd rounders
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-04-02 at 12:46 AM.

Rumour going around that Bouwmester is going to Blues for a 1st rounder.

10+ Year Old Account
    2013 first-round draft pick, defenceman Mark Cundari, and goalie Reto Barra to cgy for Bouwmester

if stl misses playoffs this pick is a 4th rounder and in 2014 becomes a 1st rounder

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's officially a fire sale boys! Also http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419626

edit: this is one I would not do if I was Toronto, Kipper already said he woulden't report if traded. Who knows, maybe he will but with how Reimer and Scrivens have been, I woulden't tamper with it.

edit2: Feaster dropped the ball on this one. The return on Bouwmeester was awful compared to what we could have gotten. Really surprised he didn't try to get Ty Rattie from the Blues. There's no way we coulden't put together a better deal with other teams interested.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-04-02 at 01:01 AM.