Doubt they will get any power play going.... But keep dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    They dominated 2 of the 4 games against Pittsburgh. Don't act like they swept the series winning 4-0 every game. And they beat the Rangers in 5 good games (not demolish) just like the Hawks beat the defending champions in 5 games. And if you want to talk numbers I would point to the fact that in terms of shots directed at the net the Hawks are +51, +13, and +7 in games 1,2, and 3 repectively. Imagine what the numbers will look like if they get a semi respectable PP functioning in the next few games.
    First off, defensively, they did dominated the Pittsburgh series. Only allowing two goals against the best offense in the league, the offense with arguably the two best players in the world, the offense that was averaging over four goals per game in the playoffs! I can't get my head around the fact that you're downplaying that so bad. Just because Vokoun was a brick wall in games 3 and 4 and we didn't blow them out, doesn't mean that we didn't dominate them defensively.

The Rangers series would've been a sweep if not for Tuukka and Chara forgetting they were playing a hockey game that night.. If Tuukka doesn't fall down for no reason, and Chara doesn't give the puck away right behind an open net, then that game is ours. And, since those two gaffes during that game, Boston's been on an unbelievable tear.

You seem to put way way way too much emphasis on shots directed at the net. So what if they're outshooting us? They aren't solving Tuukka, they aren't making enough happen. Does it really matter if you outshoot the opponent in a game you get shutout in? Go ahead and keep outshooting us for all I care, I'll take the win over the more shots on net.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Doubt they will get any power play going.... But keep dreaming.
    Based on what? Lack of skill/talent? If Boston's top forwards can generate chances against the Hawks PK then sureley the Hawks should be able to do the same to Boston's, considering the Hawks PK has been better than Boston's during the season and playoffs, and the Hawks have more skill/talent in their PP lines.

15+ Year Old Account
    They dominated 2 of the 4 games against Pittsburgh. Don't act like they swept the series winning 4-0 every game. And they beat the Rangers in 5 good games (not demolish) just like the Hawks beat the defending champions in 5 games. And if you want to talk numbers I would point to the fact that in terms of shots directed at the net the Hawks are +51, +13, and +7 in games 1,2, and 3 repectively. Imagine what the numbers will look like if they get a semi respectable PP functioning in the next few games.

Like shot differentials matter when your goalie is playing the best hockey of his life (anyone remember Jean-Sébastien Giguère w/ the Ducks in 2003? He went cold in the finals but basically carried a mediocre team...sweeping the Wings that year).

If Tuuuuuuuukkaaaaa keeps playing the way he is, the Hawks are done in 5 or 6. I really hope its 6, so we can win it on home ice this year.

Side note: the Bruins simply have more heart throughout.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-06-18 at 08:20 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Like shot differentials matter when your goalie is playing the best hockey of his life (anyone remember Jean-Sébastien Giguère w/ the Ducks in 2003? He went cold in the finals but basically carried a mediocre team...sweeping the Wings that year).

If Tuuuuuuuukkaaaaa keeps playing the way he is, the Hawks are done in 5 or 6. I really hope its 6, so we can win it on home ice this year.

Sorry but Rask hasn't had to do anything this series, dont give him too much credit bud... The last time he was actually challenged was 6 periods ago and since then the Hawks have done...well nothing

The Bruins are playing simple, Hawks are trying to be too cute, nobody wants to be the guy to shoot not sure why but its a thing now, and nobody's moving on the PP, thus B's d aren't being pulled out of position. Also, more net presence for the 2nd and 3rd chances, stop making it simple for Rask. These are all SIMPLE things that can be fixed by game 4.
    Last edited by Garbles; 2013-06-18 at 09:12 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    First off, defensively, they did dominated the Pittsburgh series. Only allowing two goals against the best offense in the league, the offense with arguably the two best players in the world, the offense that was averaging over four goals per game in the playoffs! I can't get my head around the fact that you're downplaying that so bad. Just because Vokoun was a brick wall in games 3 and 4 and we didn't blow them out, doesn't mean that we didn't dominate them defensively.

The Rangers series would've been a sweep if not for Tuukka and Chara forgetting they were playing a hockey game that night.. If Tuukka doesn't fall down for no reason, and Chara doesn't give the puck away right behind an open net, then that game is ours. And, since those two gaffes during that game, Boston's been on an unbelievable tear.

You seem to put way way way too much emphasis on shots directed at the net. So what if they're outshooting us? They aren't solving Tuukka, they aren't making enough happen. Does it really matter if you outshoot the opponent in a game you get shutout in? Go ahead and keep outshooting us for all I care, I'll take the win over the more shots on net.
    Uh ok well it works both ways. Ok you dominated games 3 and 4 defensively but what about offensively? You mustered 3 goals in 2.5 games against an average defense at best. To me that's Pittsburgh defense dominating your offense as well (considering it's Pittsburgh), unless you want to try and say Vokoun outplayed Rask in that series. Boston only had 24 shots in game 2 so it's not like they were peppering him.

"Rangers would have been a sweep if..(excuse #1), (excuse #2), etc etc. No one cares. They scored 4 goals on the almighty Boston defense and Tuukka Rask. Just like the Hawks did in game 1.

How did you expect people to react? "OMG THEY SWEPT THE PENGUINS! BEST DEFENSE EVAR!! GUNNA SWEEP THE HAWKS!!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd give Datsyuk any amount of money he asked for. Selke finalist every year + those hands. Glad to see he'll be in the NHL for longer now, was sad when I heard about the KHL rumours.

Flames acquire Corbin Knight from the Panthers for a 4th rounder, good pickup. Top 10 Hobey Baker finalist and he's a very good faceoff guy + a point-per-game player in college. Just what we needed, I assume a deal is in place when you can make one otherwise giving up a 4th rounder to -maybe- sign someone is lame.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-06-18 at 08:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    man look at all the hawks fans getting butthurt, seriously chills outs.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Yeah I'd give Datsyuk any amount of money he asked for. Selke finalist every year + those hands. Glad to see he'll be in the NHL for longer now, was sad when I heard about the KHL rumours.
    kind of hilarious to see him taking only 7.5 million per year when players like malkin and crosby get 10 million. tells you a lot about hte guy.

Uh ok well it works both ways. Ok you dominated games 3 and 4 defensively but what about offensively? You mustered 3 goals in 2.5 games against an average defense at best. To me that's Pittsburgh defense dominating your offense as well (considering it's Pittsburgh), unless you want to try and say Vokoun outplayed Rask in that series. Boston only had 24 shots in game 2 so it's not like they were peppering him.

"Rangers would have been a sweep if..(excuse #1), (excuse #2), etc etc. No one cares. They scored 4 goals on the almighty Boston defense and Tuukka Rask. Just like the Hawks did in game 1.

How did you expect people to react? "OMG THEY SWEPT THE PENGUINS! BEST DEFENSE EVAR!! GUNNA SWEEP THE HAWKS!!"
    You aren't getting what I'm saying at all... I'm saying you aren't giving the Boston D enough credit. Which you aren't at all. When have I ever said anything remotely close to sweeping the hawks? I've said multiple times in this very thread that I expect this to go to 7. And I wasn't talking about our offense at all, which has been great this postseason. The fact that the last two games against Pittsburgh were close games were because Vokoun was up to the challenge. He didn't outplay Rask, but he damn near equaled him in those two games.

And like I said, if not for two mistakes during that Rangers game, they don't score four goals. Just like how in game one, if not for Krug's poor turnover combined with that awful line change, and if not for a lucky bounce off Ference's skate, the Hawks don't score four either. But whatever, Hawks fans can keep downplaying the Bruins accomplishments and keep thinking they're far and away the better team for all I care. Boston plays with an edge when they're considered the underdog, as we've shown in this playoff and two years ago. So, go right ahead and keep talking about how you're the better team and the puck will go in eventually. We'll see what happens when the games are actually played.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    kind of hilarious to see him taking only 7.5 million per year when players like malkin and crosby get 10 million. tells you a lot about hte guy.
    Pretty admirable since he's Russian and they're known for being dollar driven. 7.5 is still a shitload of money to be making yearly, I don't understand what the fuck those players who get the 10~m contracts need the extra 3 million dollars per year for.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    You aren't getting what I'm saying at all... I'm saying you aren't giving the Boston D enough credit. Which you aren't at all. When have I ever said anything remotely close to sweeping the hawks? I've said multiple times in this very thread that I expect this to go to 7. And I wasn't talking about our offense at all, which has been great this postseason. The fact that the last two games against Pittsburgh were close games were because Vokoun was up to the challenge. He didn't outplay Rask, but he damn near equaled him in those two games.

And like I said, if not for two mistakes during that Rangers game, they don't score four goals. Just like how in game one, if not for Krug's poor turnover combined with that awful line change, and if not for a lucky bounce off Ference's skate, the Hawks don't score four either. But whatever, Hawks fans can keep downplaying the Bruins accomplishments and keep thinking they're far and away the better team for all I care. Boston plays with an edge when they're considered the underdog, as we've shown in this playoff and two years ago. So, go right ahead and keep talking about how you're the better team and the puck will go in eventually. We'll see what happens when the games are actually played.
    I already admitted they dominated that series defensively, what more do you want? It was four really, really well played games on defense from the entire team. Not sure what else there is to say... You guys are the ones making it seem like that series automatically won you the next 3 cups...
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-06-18 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    man look at all the hawks fans getting butthurt, seriously chills outs.
    I'm not butthurt, im simply criticizing the Hawks awful play as of late.

side note: Hossa expected to play tomorrow, some speculating its a neck injury.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the Kings had made it just so only half as many of you would be bitching about everything

and Voynov extended, woooo

I already admitted they dominated that series defensively, what more do you want? It was four really, really well played games on defense from the entire team. Not sure what else there is to say... You guys are the ones making it seem like that series automatically won you the next 3 cups...
    Dude, go back and read my last few posts. The only thing I've been arguing for is that Boston's defense should be considered the best in the league. In response to you saying that Bruins fans are overreacting by claiming that. In multiple posts, I have stated that this series is a toss up and will likely go 7 games. Nowhere anywhere is there any hint of me thinking that we are entitled to this cup or any other cup due to our play in the Pittsburgh series. The Pittsburgh series is simply evidence of the Bruins defensive dominance and a large part of why they should be considered the best defense in the league. Having the best defense and winning the cup are not necessarily the same thing, you seem to be having trouble separating the two.

I honestly agree with everything Raleik is saying, I also think he's been relatively respectful/fair overall to the Hawks from what I've noticed. I agree that Boston does have the best defensive core in the entire league IMO. I've been saying it for a while, they've looked like the deepest team all playoffs long, both offensively and defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    If Tuuuuuuuukkaaaaa keeps playing the way he is, the Hawks are done in 5 or 6.
    I agree.

I really don't even know how you can say that. The Bruins were 1:22 and a defenceman not pushing two players away from the front of the net, or an open net goal, or a missed breakaway goal from being eliminated in the first round to a team they should have beat in 5 games. The Bruins are 1 game up on the Hawks, would likely be fine if Paille didn't suddenly decide he felt like scoring goals on a whim, and should not be as cocky as Canucks fans seemed to be when they were up by 2 games.

All I have to say is if you look at the post season stats who's there but my man krejci

Something that's being overlooked in this thread (haven't read it all fully, but haven't seen his name) is Seguin on that third line. He is creating a lot of space for Paille and Kelly(I think?), and they are starting to click and look dangerous on every shift.

At this point I want jagr to score more than seguin

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Something that's being overlooked in this thread (haven't read it all fully, but haven't seen his name) is Seguin on that third line. He is creating a lot of space for Paille and Kelly(I think?), and they are starting to click and look dangerous on every shift.
    I've been really impressed with that line the past couple games. They were arguably our best line on the ice last night. I'm glad Julien finally found something that works for that third line. It's been horrendous all season. All three of those guys have good speed, and have been jumping on turnovers and keeping the puck in the offensive zone really well.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I'm not butthurt, im simply criticizing the Hawks awful play as of late.

side note: Hossa expected to play tomorrow, some speculating its a neck injury.
    Yeah supposedly Hossa was the one who took himself out of the lineup. I can respect that because the general hockey player persona would be to play through the pain, but it's smarter to have the more effective player out there. Good for him.