The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Alright, now I feel comfortable saying what I wanted to say earlier.

I still think Bruins will win this series, but I'm very glad you lost this game in particular. I seriously hope to see less ridiculous comments from a few Bruins fans (and yes, I know I'm quoting at least one troll in here). i.e. "Chicago plays with no heart compared to Boston", "Hawks look as bad as the Pens", "doubt they'll get a powerplay going... but keep dreaming", "Chicago only won a game because three OT's = blind luck"; I also think I saw somewhere a comment along the lines of "we're just a more skilled team" after game 3 because of what? Taking game 1 to OT, 1 OT win, and a 2-0 shutout (without one of their four best players on the ice)? Even if you won game 1 and tonight it wouldn't have meant you were clearly more skilled, as there has only been one clear three period game so far.

A few of you were really starting to sound as ignorant as the Canucks fans (at least the ones I was listening to) when they looked significantly better than you prior to game 4 in 2011. Be happy for your team, but don't get so cocky that you insult/underestimate your competition who: (also) made it to the Stanley Cup finals, likely have 4 future hall of fame players on the ice right now, and went how many games without a loss this season? Just think things through before posting.
    I tried to be responsible in my replying to those posts but I suppose the team I root for disqualified me. We talked about the Bruins defense and me not giving it enough respect, but my point was we were focusing on 7 games really (one where the Hawks scored 4) and it's just not enough to make any ridiculous exclamations. Yeah the Hawks/Pens were the 2 best offensive teams in the season but it doesn't matter, you just played really, really well for those games. These things go in cycles, i.e. tonight you played poorly on defense and gave up 6. It doesn't mean your team is weak defensively. Still though this game is a nice wake up call for the Bs fans who forgot that this is hockey and anything can change at a moments notice, which I posted yesterday.

My overall point being at any given time there is probably 5 or so teams who could be considered the best defensive team in the league: LA, Chicago, Boston, Ottawa come to mind at first. This isn't football where the '85 Bears or '00 Ravens just have the best roster on Defense and are the best no matter what.

Edit: I also was trying to push that series length does determine how a series was won. I took issue with people saying "We just destroyed/dominated the Pens and now... etc etc" Half of the Pens/Bruins series was very close and very tough. The Hawks beat the Kings in 5 but by no means did we dominate that series. It was very close and very tough.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-06-20 at 04:27 AM.

Is Kelly done punching himself repeatedly for missing that open net?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Tied series and 3 overtimes so far. I'm hoping this series goes the distance for a Game 7 overtime.
    I'm 99% sure I would have a heart attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I'm 99% sure I would have a heart attack.
    Well, that is pretty much the only way a Canucks fan can win in a SCF between Chicago and Boston.

Any Boston fans with high blood pressure?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok this is hysterical. Check out the live broadcast last night in Austin, TX:

So the one person in Texas who watches hockey got boned pretty hard. Shitty ;/

15+ Year Old Account
    Dominated that OT until about 30 seconds before the Hawks scored.

Le sigh. That was our game to win.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Dominated that OT until about 30 seconds before the Hawks scored.

Le sigh. That was our game to win.
    It really wasn't though.

15+ Year Old Account
    It really wasn't though.
    We tied it, sent it to OT (very nearly won it before the end of the 3rd, multiple times).

Dominated OT right up until the Hawks scored.

How was it not our game to win? We had all the momentum.

Blind Hawks fan, typical bullshit. Carry on.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Nah, that game was Chicago's to win for sure. The right team won last night, IMO.

In other news, Enroth signed to a 2 year extension in Buffalo, for 1.25/season. Not sure what this means. They obviously had to resign him - probably one of the best backups in the league and honestly more than capable of starting. On the other hand, it's for almost backup money. Miller is more than likely going to be moved, but only if they get a decent return, I imagine. Anyone heard where he 'might' be going? I heard crazy rumours during the regular season (LA when Quick was struggling, lol?), but haven't heard anything lately. I imagine Philly will look into him if they can't get this trade for Bernier worked out. Edmonton could use an upgrade in net, though I wonder if Miller would actually want to play there, seeing as their D is pretty unreliable the last few seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    We tied it, sent it to OT (very nearly won it before the end of the 3rd, multiple times).

When did the Bruins ever control the game? When did they ever have the lead? When did they ever have the momentum?

10+ Year Old Account
    We had all the momentum.

errr were you watching a different game from everybody else? there was no momentum, it was a see-saw game, it was utter insanity!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Miller is more than likely going to be moved, but only if they get a decent return, I imagine. Anyone heard where he 'might' be going? I heard crazy rumours during the regular season (LA when Quick was struggling, lol?), but haven't heard anything lately. I imagine Philly will look into him if they can't get this trade for Bernier worked out. Edmonton could use an upgrade in net, though I wonder if Miller would actually want to play there, seeing as their D is pretty unreliable the last few seasons.
    It seems like Miller would be a great player for the Islanders to try for. Talk about a good goalie that simply got hung out to dry continually all year.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No way, Tim Thomas is coming back next year to play for the Islanders AND Team USA

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, they always say that a reporter doesn't have to wear anything from the waist down....this just kinda proves it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 02:39 PM ----------

Well if he's just another blind Hawks fan? Then what the fuck are Vanilla & Dray....? Sorry, but that game was so back and forth, but BOS never had the lead at any point in that game. When you came close to getting that lead....we just scored another one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lindy Ruff is the new coach of the Dallas Stars apparently. Pretty good signing by them, they need some defensive stability because I think they could actually be a decent team if it was run a little better. They got some really good pieces and some inconsistent guys. Their goalie played really well for them last season but got injured so they tanked out. I don't know why, but I've always sorta liked the Stars even if they've been terribly run and have a tiny fanbase.

https://twitter.com/MikeHeika/status/347783831727779840

nvm, but if they do sign him it will be good for their team.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-06-20 at 08:13 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like their new logo/uniforms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Lindy Ruff is the new coach of the Dallas Stars apparently. Pretty good signing by them, they need some defensive stability because I think they could actually be a decent team if it was run a little better. They got some really good pieces and some inconsistent guys. Their goalie played really well for them last season but got injured so they tanked out. I don't know why, but I've always sorta liked the Stars even if they've been terribly run and have a tiny fanbase.

https://twitter.com/MikeHeika/status/347783831727779840

nvm, but if they do sign him it will be good for their team.
    Dallas never should've let Dave Tippett get away, its no wonder Nieuwendyk is out of the job since he fired him and hired Marc Crawford... MARC CRAWFORD shit they should've fired Joe on the spot, anyway, if they want to give the impression that they're done making terrible decisions, hiring Ruff would be a good move for them to make

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    No way, Tim Thomas is coming back next year to play for the Islanders AND Team USA
    wait... what?