10+ Year Old Account
    the Bergeron injury sounds pretty much like what we were guessing it was, rib injury with possible spleen damage, but the spleen was ok obviously or he wouldn't have played

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Typical Boston choke job. Hopefully we can get rid of some of the dead weight on this team in the next few years.
    yea, maybe they can cull some fair-weather fans

Not a big hockey fan (Bulls/Bears mainly) but still really happy our Chicago Blackhawks were able to pull it out in a thriller of a series for pretty much every game except for game 3. I had a itching feeling the Hawks would probably win when I saw Yahoo's expert picks and literally all of them had the Bruins winning the series. More often than not in my experience predictions that one sided happen in the upset a large amount of the time, although I wouldnt call this an upset by any stretch

Its also amazing to think about this:
    The Pittsburgh Penguins and their vaunted offense scored 2 goals in 4 games against these Boston Bruins. The Chicago Blackhawks scored 2 goals in 17 seconds. Unbelievable

Gratz to Chicago, I think I picked them before the playoffs but at the time it was a no brainer pick. Boston wasn't that bad, just a few mental lapses away from another Cup imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Congrats Hawks fan you deserved it i cant believe the choke job by Rask and the Bruins at the end looks like Tim Thomas is still the man in Boston
    I want some of whatever you're smoking... Thomas still the man? What the fuck man? If it wasn't for Rask we wouldn't have been in the cup final. He was amazing this playoff run. He tied Thomas' SV% from the Cup run, and had a better GAA than Thomas had during the cup run. So, don't act as if us losing is Rask's fault because that's not even close to being true. God, for being from Boston, I really hate a lot of Boston sports fans sometimes...

Great series Chicago. Sucks it had to end like that, I was really hoping for a game 7. Bruins just didn't have enough in them to finish it out though. Defense has not been up to our usual standards these past few games. Chara hasn't really looked the same since him and Lucic had that pre-game collision, my guess is his injury from that was more serious than they let on.

It'll be interesting to see what happens this off season. Khudobin likely gone, Svedberg up as backup. Ference likely gone, either Bartkowski or Krug up in his place. Jagr gone, Redden gone, Johnson gone. I'd like to see Daugavins back, I like him on that fourth line. I'd buy out Peverley, possibly even Kelly to free up some space for the signings we need to make. No idea what will happen with Horton. After the regular season I was ready to say goodbye, after that playoff run I don't want to see him leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Chicago vs Boston - Boston in 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Chicago vs Boston - Boston in 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I'll say Hawks in 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    (@Juno86) Ill be rooting for Chicago here, but I agree with your prediction and reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Boston in 6, can't wait for weds... Better hope the hawks dont poke the bear......
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Bold as it sounds, Chicago in 5.
    Congratulations Stommped

Congrats hawks fans. One hell of a cup final. The one good thing I can see about this Bruins team is we have a lot to look forward to. They as a whole are a younger team and for the most part the core has been together for a while similar to Chicago. I see nothing but positives now that we've seen that Rask CAN bring us to the cup and keep us in games. Im not upset Chicago won, they played quite amazing in games 4 and 5. Game six we owned you guys and then had a complete mental lapse to allow those two goals. Sad that hockey ended, but the right team won the cup.

I think the only thing I am truly upset about is the con smythe winner. Rask, Krecji, or Horton all had a better POSTSEASON than Kane. That is what that award is supposed to be for, not a stanley cup final mvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what happens this off season. Khudobin likely gone, Svedberg up as backup. Ference likely gone, either Bartkowski or Krug up in his place. Jagr gone, Redden gone, Johnson gone. I'd like to see Daugavins back, I like him on that fourth line. I'd buy out Peverley, possibly even Kelly to free up some space for the signings we need to make. No idea what will happen with Horton. After the regular season I was ready to say goodbye, after that playoff run I don't want to see him leave.
    I wouldn't buy out Kelly. That guy is way too good of a grinder.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 11:38 AM ----------

Also now that the cup is won, let the compliance buyouts begin!
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I wouldn't buy out Kelly. That guy is way too good of a grinder.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 11:38 AM ----------

Also now that the cup is won, let the compliance buyouts begin!
    Don't get me wrong, I love Kelly. But, he did not have a good season, and Soderberg and Daugavins are both cheaper. So, I'd rather buy him and Peverley out so that we can afford Rask and Horton. Rask is getting locked up regardless. So, unless they do something unexpected, it basically seems like it's either Peverley/Kelly or Horton, and after this run I'd prefer Horton.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations Stommped
    You better go back and find mine too.....WTF! ;(

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Gratz to Chicago, I think I picked them before the playoffs but at the time it was a no brainer pick. Boston wasn't that bad, just a few mental lapses away from another Cup imo.
    Actually no, you picked Boston...

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    2013-06-10 Should be a good series, with Boston winning in 7 I think. I'm not really sure who I'm rooting for, I'll figure it out as the series goes on lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I love Kelly. But, he did not have a good season, and Soderberg and Daugavins are both cheaper. So, I'd rather buy him and Peverley out so that we can afford Rask and Horton. Rask is getting locked up regardless. So, unless they do something unexpected, it basically seems like it's either Peverley/Kelly or Horton, and after this run I'd prefer Horton.
    I still wouldn't buy out Kelly. If anything trade him. He may have had a bad regular season, but a 3mil hit for how well he played in the post season is nothing.

Of course with the reduced cap that might not be possible. I wouldn't buy him out unless you couldn't get an offer at all.
    Last edited by Asera; 2013-06-25 at 04:12 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good series, one of the best in recent years. Close games, figured this was going to make it to seven in the final minutes.. but alas. Wouldn't say Boston choked but I still can't believe Chicago tied and WON in the last, what, 76 seconds? I thought it was going to OT for sure. Mental lapse for sure, but nothing will be as bad as Torontos mental retardation at the end of the series.

Bergeron is an absolute beast for playing through what he did. With a broken rib I assume he had to leave game 5 to make sure he hadn't ruptured anything like his spleen. Pure class act with lots of heart though, encompasses exactly why hockey is so great and what players should aspire to be like.

I hate the awards because they are always so opinionated, but I wouldn't have given the Conn Smythe to Kane even though he was one of top 6 IMO. It's cliche but I thought Crawford was the best throughout the playoffs. He had a couple bad games (so didn't Rask) but Kane pretty much disappeared for a few games in a couple of the series. I thought Keith and Seabrook did a fucking excellent job too, but they typically don't hand it out to defensemen unforunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brys has been bought out, and Holmgren has just become the worst GM in the league.

In other news: Kipper announces his retirement
    Last edited by Elgefar; 2013-06-25 at 05:46 PM.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster/22721

Playing around with capgeek is nice to kill time.

Not sure I like having Erat on 3rd line, but I like the idea of having Horton... idk what to do about that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Odds are out for next years cup winner, obviously beyond meaningless at this point but still fun to look at.

http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/n...ckell-contract

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...165249387.html

Two slightly different lists but both have Pittsburgh as the favorite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are these writers delusional?

Did they not see what happened this year against Boston? Last year against Philadelphia? 2011 against Tampa Bay? 2010 against Montreal? All teams they said would never in a million years defeat Pittsburgh, because they were the favourites to win the cup every time. -_-

I want some of whatever you're smoking... Thomas still the man? What the fuck man? If it wasn't for Rask we wouldn't have been in the cup final. He was amazing this playoff run. He tied Thomas' SV% from the Cup run, and had a better GAA than Thomas had during the cup run. So, don't act as if us losing is Rask's fault because that's not even close to being true. God, for being from Boston, I really hate a lot of Boston sports fans sometimes...

Great series Chicago. Sucks it had to end like that, I was really hoping for a game 7. Bruins just didn't have enough in them to finish it out though. Defense has not been up to our usual standards these past few games. Chara hasn't really looked the same since him and Lucic had that pre-game collision, my guess is his injury from that was more serious than they let on.

Rask had a better defense then Thomas and a more experienced team then Thomas. When the D broke down Thomas mad the crucial saves and Rask did not and if you watched any of the games were Rask was lights out you saw team defense clogging lanes and blocking shots and whatever was thrown at Rask he stopped. The Toews goal to tie it was all Rask thats a save you have to make and to let it go 5 hole is uhhhhhh. Here are some stats for you and yes i love Rask but in the clutch Thomas was the better player.

Rask allowed 11 goals in the final three games (when it counted most) - a 3.66 GAA. That ain't going to cut it.

Rask Finals: 2.66 GAA, .929 SV PCTG - Decent enough. But not enough.

Thomas Finals: *1.10 GAA, *.987 SV PCTG - Conn Smythe (*Stanley Cup Records)

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, we saw the Rask you wanted, it was just in the previous series with the Penguins.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually Tim Thomas might be the man in New York, not Boston :P

Deleted
    Grats to Chicago! Was a nice series even though I am not a fan of either side.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    The Toews goal to tie it was all Rask thats a save you have to make and to let it go 5 hole is uhhhhhh.
    This times a million. That was a huge goal for the Hawks to get and it sort of gets forgotten with how the game ended. That was a very simple, low shot with no one obscuring his view, that goal can't be allowed. It was a roller and Toews wasn't able to get any lift whatsoever, just needed to close the 5 hole for an easy save.