10+ Year Old Account
    Cody Franson is such a great player to have on my fantasy team. 4 Assists, 3 on the PP, 21 Hits, and 15 Blocked Shots.

Tye McGinn- 2G 4SOG +1

oh god this team is brutal to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mason Raymond doing his JVR impression.

Thank you Canucks

3-1 Leafs

2 PPG

Wow, I still have no idea how Canucks let Raymond go. Great keep in by Lupul too.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Levo, Mclement and Bolland line is pretty good

Nice play by Kessel to let Raymond get the goal

4-1 Win

Leafs 6-1 now
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-10-16 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    That Levo, Mclement and Bolland line is pretty good
    Lievo had two really close chances but couldn't catch a break.
    Game pretty much over with the Raymond open netter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Lievo had two really close chances but couldn't catch a break.
    Game pretty much over with the Raymond open netter.
    I want to say they were outplayed but those 4 penalties in the first inflated the shot totals. They weathered the storm and picked up the W

Deleted
    SJ destroying (?!) Blues leading 4-0 after 2nd period.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    SJ destroying (?!) Blues leading 4-0 after 2nd period.
    They're getting Hertl'd?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    They're getting Hertl'd?
    Nope, Hertl not a single point so far

lapierre can honestly go fuck himself.

seriously, i really don't get angry when it comes to poor taste hits, but that fucking absolute bullshit he pulled was flat out dirty. he's nothing but a fucking goon.

- - - Updated - - -

oh well, no more shutout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    lapierre can honestly go fuck himself.

seriously, i really don't get angry when it comes to poor taste hits, but that fucking absolute bullshit he pulled was flat out dirty. he's nothing but a fucking goon.

- - - Updated - - -

oh well, no more shutout.
    I dislike that no talent pest as well.

If leafs and wings keep it up the winter classic is going to be amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    just how bad is the metro division right now? the second ranked team is carolina with a 2-2-3 record.

damn. thats just bad.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The atlantic division looks pretty decent up top, but Florida and Tampa are as usual, big stinkers. Boston looks rather average right now, their PP is pretty awful which doesn't help them. Tge Rangers are sucking the fat one though, I doubt they make the playoff with AV as their coach.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hard as this is to say, right now I think the pacific is the best conference in hockey. That said it's still early.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-10-16 at 02:16 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still can't believe the Avs start. Not only are they perfect so far this year, they are the only team so far to beat the Leafs (on the road) and Ducks both of which have looked good to start the year (and Boston on the road as well), and they are 2nd in goal differntial behind only San Jose. They've allowed 6 goals in 6 games...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Still can't believe the Avs start. Not only are they perfect so far this year, they are the only team so far to beat the Leafs (on the road) and Ducks both of which have looked good to start the year (and Boston on the road as well), and they are 2nd in goal differntial behind only San Jose. They've allowed 6 goals in 6 games...
    They are going to come back down to earth eventually

Lapierre gets an in-person hearing... no surprise. Finally saw the hit - that would have been boarding even if Boyle hadn't lost his footing. Time to start throwing the book at these idiots. They've been pulling dirty, questionable hits like this for years. If Kaleta's hit got 10, I could see this one getting anywhere from 5-10 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The atlantic division looks pretty decent up top, but Florida and Tampa are as usual, big stinkers. Boston looks rather average right now, their PP is pretty awful which doesn't help them. Tge Rangers are sucking the fat one though, I doubt they make the playoff with AV as their coach.
    Am I missing something? I thought I saw Tampa tied for 4th in the Atlantic division so it doesn't seem like an atrocious start... As a caveat to that statement I've followed absolutely none of their games and who they've played, but 4 points behind the Leafs at this point in the season isn't exactly something that strikes me as a vast distance to make up. At least as Habs fan that's the rationale I'm using to help me sleep at night...

As far as the Avs go, while their streak is going to end at some point (looks like they're playing Detroit tomorrow, so it's possible that would be the game to end it) they've been a fun team to watch. An average of 1 goal allowed per game is pretty awesome, and from the games I've watched their offense doesn't seem to peter out very much and stays aggressive through the entire game. They're consistent, and I think that bodes well for their season if they can keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by c4k3tality View Post
    Am I missing something? I thought I saw Tampa tied for 4th in the Atlantic division so it doesn't seem like an atrocious start...
    Their defense is not great, but as a team they are performing above everyone's expectations right now. After Drouin got sent down at the end of camp, I think most people just assumed Tampa would be bottom-feeding for another year. In terms of play so far, though, they're doing perfectly fine. I get the criticism of Florida by Renn, but let's not forget that Buffalo is the worst team in the division so far this season. If not for Miller playing like vintage Miller, they'd be losing every game 5-1.

Unrelated, I'm going to reserve judgment til most teams are ~20 games in, but the biggest surprises (to me) after 2 weeks are obviously Colorado still being undefeated, Philly somehow being even worse than last year (seriously, 1-6?), and Henrik Lundqvist's sparkling 4.21 GAA and .887SV% through 4.5 games played.

Unsurprising news? Crosby has the most points, San Jose getting off to another hot start (I really hope they can keep it up this year), and Edmonton once again being bottom of their division.

I have the utmost respect for Dallas Eakins, but until that team goes out and gets a legitimate #1 goalie (Dubnyk is questionable even as a backup in my eyes), that team is going nowhere. As they demonstrated in Toronto Saturday night, they may have explosive offense, but if they play like shit in their own end, they don't have a guy between the pipes who can bail them out on occasion.