15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MailEnhancement View Post
    My babies (the flyers) made probably some of the worst off season moves I ve ever seen. Im horrified.
    You shouldn't be. The Flyers got much, much better. Carter and Richards are good, but they are also tremendously overrated and overpaid. Neither one of them is a 70+ point per season player. The Flyers dumped them, added an actual goalie, tremendous young talent in Schenn, and several other great pieces. They also dumped Carcillo and replaced him with Simmonds who is essentially the same guy but with offensive ability.

The goalie is the only move I truely support. Jagr.. he didnt even play in the NHL the last 2 seasons. ARe we trying to win the 98' stanley cup...Darren Powe, CArcillo, Richards, Carter..Didnt even make a real aggressive move for Stamkos who stated he wanted to be in a sports town and out of Tampa. You know what we got for Powe... i think 2 draft picks in 2012 - 2013. our team is already young as it is.. granted well be set for a few seasons now with these young prospects but..Bringing Jagr back from the Russian Hockey League is not the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Dustin Tokarski is going to be the #1 goaltender in Tampa in 2 years. So I doubt they will try to draft another young goaltender.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    You shouldn't be. The Flyers got much, much better. Carter and Richards are good, but they are also tremendously overrated and overpaid. Neither one of them is a 70+ point per season player. The Flyers dumped them, added an actual goalie, tremendous young talent in Schenn, and several other great pieces. They also dumped Carcillo and replaced him with Simmonds who is essentially the same guy but with offensive ability.
    Barring any injuries, Brayden Schenn has the potential to be an 70-80 point player if he develops properly. But I would still take Jeff Carter and Mike Richards over him and especially a 38 year old Jagr any day because they are both proven and not aging dinosaurs either, still in their prime really.

10+ Year Old Account
    The goalie is the only move I truely support. Jagr.. he didnt even play in the NHL the last 2 seasons. ARe we trying to win the 98' stanley cup...Darren Powe, CArcillo, Richards, Carter..Didnt even make a real aggressive move for Stamkos who stated he wanted to be in a sports town and out of Tampa. You know what we got for Powe... i think 2 draft picks in 2012 - 2013. our team is already young as it is.. granted well be set for a few seasons now with these young prospects but..Bringing Jagr back from the Russian Hockey League is not the answer.
    He went to the KHL, because they offered him shit ton more money. Flyers also really have no room for Stamkos, unless you unload Pronger and Briere.
    Jagr is still Jagr, the 120 point player who can pick apart defenses. The Left handed Lemieux.
    Plus Schenn will be a better player than Richards and Carter, and Bryz is an awesome goalie.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-07-17 at 11:11 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Thats the thing,, Jagr will always be "Lemiex's something" Same thing with malkin will always be crosbys wing man... Martin St. Louie will be stamkos's. Well see how Jagr plays. I hope he proves me wrong. I would never unload Pronger for anything. Hes there best move in recent history I believe. I have a feeling Jagr is gonna be a Peter Forsberg type of flop.

Thats the thing,, Jagr will always be "Lemiex's something" Same thing with malkin will always be crosbys wing man... Martin St. Louie will be stamkos's. Well see how Jagr plays. I hope he proves me wrong. I would never unload Pronger for anything. Hes there best move in recent history I believe. I have a feeling Jagr is gonna be a Peter Forsberg type of flop.
    Maybe if they win the Stanley Cup together, but St Louis has won the Cup without Stamkos. Stamkos might never win the Cup with St. Louis. As for Jagr being Mario's sidekick, sure, at the start, but Jagr has had so many seasons on top of the league without Lemieux's help at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jagr was definitely not Lemieux's sidekick, Jagr has had great seasons without Leimeux, and unlike Forsberg, he isn't nagged with injury problems.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Barring any injuries, Brayden Schenn has the potential to be an 70-80 point player if he develops properly. But I would still take Jeff Carter and Mike Richards over him and especially a 38 year old Jagr any day because they are both proven and not aging dinosaurs either, still in their prime really.
    They got Voracek in the deal for Carter also. He was pretty damn good on a fucking terrible Jackets team. In the short and long run I think it is going to really play in the Flyers favor as they got great talent and improved team cohesion which apparently was a real issue at times last season.

No one should have expected an aggressive move for Stamkos. GMs almost never make offer sheets on RFAs. The only significant example of offer sheeting I can think of was last year when San Jose did it to Chicago. Super Nintendo, ya I am just referring to him as the since I don't feel like looking up how to spell Hjalmarsson correctly, was up for RFA and a raise but Chicago was jammed against the cap, so San Jose offer sheeted him, forcing Chicago to overspend on him costing them to lose Niemi to free agency who then promptly signed with the Sharks. Philly made their aggressive RFA move in getting Bryz from Phoenix who he had absolutely no intention of signing with as that team is circling the drain. The package they would have to have sent to Tampa to make room for Stamkos' contract and to compensate Tampa would have been hard to justify. Then again, if Stamkos could have helped any teams it would have been Tampa and Philly. Those are both teams, especially Philly, that feels like they are one star from the Cup. Toronto could have but they would have to give up a lot of potential pieces for one for sure amazing piece which frankly would have been worth it imo.

If you watched the Worlds, Jagr has a lot left in his game. If he has a 50-60 point season he will certainly be worth the investment. Plus it is a big fuck you to Pittsburgh and who in Philly doesn't love that? And if you miss Carcillo, don't. That guy is pure fucking garbage. Zero hockey talent. He isn't even active for the teams most important games because he has one role: Go out there for 4-5 minutes a night, hit somebody, take a penalty hoping to get a match or break someone's something, then go sit on the bench for the rest of the game. He is the type of fucking cancer that is hurting the NHL and the league would be better off without. Frankly I am surprised he didn't sign with the Isles so next time they try to kill another team they don't have to bring a guy up from the minors to do it like Gillies. If you haven't seen Simmonds play, trust me, you'll fucking love the guy. All the actual toughness that Carcillo fakes plus he will net you roughly 5-8 times as many points as Carcillo. If the Wings weren't so stuffed with players I would love to have Simmonds on our team.

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Jagr was definitely not Lemieux's sidekick, Jagr has had great seasons without Leimeux, and unlike Forsberg, he isn't nagged with injury problems.
    Ya Jagr hasn't been in Mario's shadow since very early in his career. He was phenomenal in Pittsburgh all throughout his career. He was passable in Washington and he was phenomenal as a Ranger where he got kipped out of a Hart. WTF was wrong with the Caps when he was there? He came in as a 120 point scorer, immediately dropped to 80, left after three years and went back to putting up 126.

I love Carcillo just for that in the playoffs. Im hoping Simmonds is like a Ville lleno. He was a diamond in the rough big time. Came in last year in the playoffs and absolutely just out hustled everyone. Peter Laviualette actually apologized to him for not giving him a chance sooner. Pronger the new captain, I couldnt have picked anyone better myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Osgood just announced his retirement.

In other news Irony Destruction by Definition is amazing.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Devils coach will be named today at 3:30 EST. I'm pretty excited.

WHO WILL IT BEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmus View Post
    Devils coach will be named today at 3:30 EST. I'm pretty excited.

WHO WILL IT BEEEEEEEEEE
    Does it really matter? Lou will just can the coach with two months left to go anyway..

No price on it yet, but the Lightning resigned Stamkos to a 5 year deal. Now I guess I wont have to deal with bob being traded right now heh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthvendor View Post
    No price on it yet, but the Lightning resigned Stamkos to a 5 year deal. Now I guess I wont have to deal with bob being traded right now heh
    5 years at $37.5. Decent deal.

---------- Post added 2011-07-19 at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    Does it really matter? Lou will just can the coach with two months left to go anyway..
    With DeBoer, ya it might end up like that again lol. Tough guy to judge really. The Panthers were fucking terrible under him. Then again they would be fucking terrible under Scotty Bowman. Seems like an interesting hire with as many quality guys as they were looking at.

Looks like Hitchcock might be heading to the Wings as an assistant then since he didn't get this job. At least that was the rumor a couple weeks ago.

Peter DeBoer named new Devils head coach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 5 years? huh I guess he's giving tampa a second chance.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    5 years is far more then a second chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    Osgood just announced his retirement.

In other news Irony Destruction by Definition is amazing.
    Fuck yeah it is.
    Anyway, Osgood retires, as a Red wings fan for life and someone who has always liked Osgood, he really shouldn't get in the Hall of Fame :x

Also Stamkos signs to 5 years, good on him, realizing he can get more money in 5 years and will be an UFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    Only 5 years? huh I guess he's giving tampa a second chance.
    If I were him I'd be satisfied. He hasn't been around very long and his first season in the playoffs he goes to the game 7 in ECF against a team that is dirtier than the dirt my house is build on. Good deal imo.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-