Damn NHL hates me, first 3 games of the Preds-Yotes series are on nights I work. Son of a ....

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Caps are winning the cup, the trend must continue!
    As much as I like that enthusiasm, the hill is a bit steeper now. rofl.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account

Holtby with the doom stare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Not sure which caption would go better with that gif.

"Like a boss" or "And not a single fuck was given"

10+ Year Old Account
    This playoff is really fucking crazy. Bruins out aswell know, oh boy who did see that comming? Go Ottowa, and Florida, would be imo insane to see them go further in the playoff. I mean I don't words for this playoff.. Must be because it's the cup.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Chara, Karlsson and Weber named finalists for Norris.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account

Good lord that gif is awesome. I thought Holtby looked like a badass last night when that happened, but that gif takes it to another level.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Chara, Karlsson and Weber named finalists for Norris.
    Glad they didn't lifetime achievement Lidstrom again honestly. Of those three guys I think I am going to lean Karly just because his offensive stats were beyond amazing this year. Chara and Weber both had fantastic years, but those offensive numbers for Karly have to give him a bump. Since the lockout, the biggest gap between the top scoring defenseman and the second top scoring defenseman was nine in 2008-09 with Mike Green over Andrei Markov. That year Chara took home the award over Green in Lidstrom because they were sick of giving the award to Lidstrom. How Chara won is still baffling. Lidstrom had 9 more points than Chara (59 to 50), had a better plus minus (+31 to +23), played more time shorthanded per game, etc. I honestly think they gave it to Chara for no other reason than Lidstrom having won the previous three and six of the last seven.

Anyways back on point, Karly finished TWENTY FIVE points ahead of #2 Big Buf. That is absurd. He had the best offensive year for a defenseman since Lidstrom's ridiculous 80 points in 80 games in 2005-06. Karly's plus/minus is significantly lower than Chara's, less than half at +33 to +16 Weber at +21, which will certainly hurt him. Boston was the 6th best defensive team, Ottawa was the 24th which won't help him at all. Karly also plays :33 per game shorthanded. Chara played 2:43 and Weber played 2:16. So it is going to come down to rewarding the best offensive season in the league by miles and the second best since the lockout or rewarding another solid defensive campaign from Weber and Chara. I would say Karly based on his other level offensive stats this year in being a huge piece in helping a team everyone thought would be awful to being on the cusp of upsetting the Rangers (not that that matters since voting is done). Chara is a great defenseman on a great defensive team. He has a Selke nom on the team, a Vezina winner on the team, and multiple other great defensive first guys. Take Chara off the Bruins and their defense dips but doesn't collapse. Take Karly off and Ottawa's PP and overall offense implode. Even Weber likely has a greater impact on his team's total defense than Chara.

1. Karly
    2. Chara
    3. Weber

going to be a really boring series if you ask me.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to Kyperos at Sportsnet, Luongo asked the Canucks for a trade in a meeting this morning. Wasn't even asked by the team yet to waive the clause. Came in to the exit meeting for the year and told them he would like to be traded and would provide a full list of teams next week. Right now, teams he is interested in reportedly include Toronto and Tampa Bay. Tampa is in the mix since they have a player the Canucks could want (Malone) and Lou has spent several seasons in Florida plus his wife is from there. Toronto's goalie coach is Luongo's long time friend and goalie coach who he works with in the offseason. Luongo even went as far as to have that guy hired in Florida as part of his contract when he signed with the Panthers a few years ago.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 03:01 PM ----------

Pro move by bruins fans having such a racist outpouring of hate towards Joel Ward that the team issued an apology/condemnation.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-26 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

Pro move by bruins fans having such a racist outpouring of hate towards Joel Ward that the team issued an apology/condemnation.
    I'm not that surprised. I spent a bunch of time in south Boston when I was younger going to many, many hardcore shows and I can tell you that, for the most part, the dark ones are not well liked there. Not a statement about Boston as a whole by any means, just one area in particular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay classy Boston.

The Norris finalists were rather obvious and I'm giving the edge to Weber, I just don't think the Sports writers will give an award to an offensive d-man, who is still working on his defensive game. I do see Karlsson winning this award a few times in his future, if he keeps this up though.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I took out the garbage during the overtime intermission only to come back and find the game over.

Congrats Sighrony for winning Round 1 in the TSN Hockey pool. Sure round 1 isn't over yet but I can't see Gaborik getting 5 points since he's only had 3 in the past 6 games.

In my office pool I laughed when I saw a few people were down to 3 guys. I still have 11 left so I'm feel confident I'm not going to be last. Some have 18 left so I'm also confident I won't win either.
    Last edited by Skippy88; 2012-04-26 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised I won, considering 4 of my forwards combined for 9 points.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun facts...

Should the Rangers and Devils lose tonight, every single remaining team will be playing for their first franchise cup win.

According to Kyperos at Sportsnet, Luongo asked the Canucks for a trade in a meeting this morning. Wasn't even asked by the team yet to waive the clause. Came in to the exit meeting for the year and told them he would like to be traded and would provide a full list of teams next week. Right now, teams he is interested in reportedly include Toronto and Tampa Bay. Tampa is in the mix since they have a player the Canucks could want (Malone) and Lou has spent several seasons in Florida plus his wife is from there. Toronto's goalie coach is Luongo's long time friend and goalie coach who he works with in the offseason. Luongo even went as far as to have that guy hired in Florida as part of his contract when he signed with the Panthers a few years ago.

It's kinda sad because their loss to the Kings was not his fault at all. Kesler being a clown and their secondary scoring being completely invisible doomed them in that series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun facts...

Should the Rangers and Devils lose tonight, every single remaining team will be playing for their first franchise cup win.
    Philly has two cup wins.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What drug was I on when I took Fleury as one of my goalies rofl

It's really not fair to condemn Bruins fans for the actions of an invisible minority on Twitter. As somebody who has lived in the Boston area my whole life, it really isn't that bad... It's sad that I've had to have this argument before, but Boston is far from one of the more racist cities in the U.S. and is a hell of a lot better than many many others. On the prohockeytalk article discussing this the author was bringing up incidents from up to 50 years ago to try and paint Boston as a racist town, because yeah, I'm sure nothing has changed in the past 50 years... It just really pissed me off to see this ascribed to Bruins fans. It's far from the majority who feel this way, and were it not for the anonymity of the internet and social networking sites, I'm sure this would not be happening. Those people are classless, but in absolutely no way dot hey represent Bruins fans as a whole.

With that said, congrats to Washington. It was a hell of a series. I'm sad to see us out already, but it happens. Our core is going to be largely the same next year, so I'm confident we'll be right back in the mix this time next year. As I said in an earlier post, go Preds now that the B's are out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    What drug was I on when I took Fleury as one of my goalies rofl
    Couldn't be a bad one, because let's face it: Fleury is a pretty decent goalie. Not one of the elites, but still top tier. I don't think anyone saw him breaking down like that. Also, it's not like he got any help from those guys the Pens pay as "Defender". These guys should really check their job description.

/edit: That said: HAI FG!
    Last edited by mmoceaf424ea73; 2012-04-26 at 10:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda sad because their loss to the Kings was not his fault at all. Kesler being a clown and their secondary scoring being completely invisible doomed them in that series.
    Ya he certainly wasn't to blame for the game 1 and 2 losses. He was damn great through most of game one. Not much a guy can do facing repeated breakaways, odd man rushes, powerplays, etc. Schneider came in and their defense played better and cut down on LA's chances and they still went 1-2 with him between the pipes even though he is the better goalie of the two. They had bigger problems than between the pipes for sure.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Couldn't be a bad one, because let's face it: Fleury is a pretty decent goalie. Not one of the elites, but still top tier. I don't think anyone saw him breaking down like that...
    Still have no idea what happened there. Their defense was awful which didn't help, but he has been damn good his entire career in the playoffs. Most of the time he hasn't been a goalie that could steal a game or series for you, but he has been ridiculously solid in backstopping them to massive success.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 06:42 PM ----------

Chat is up. http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

Come tell me everything that is happening in the first game while I am stuck at work.