Anyone else think Kevin Dineen should have gotten the Jack Adams nod over Paul MacLean?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostrichsized View Post
    Anyone else think Kevin Dineen should have gotten the Jack Adams nod over Paul MacLean?
    No, hellll naw. Maclean took a team that EVERYONE had 15th or 14th in the East. Not just a few analysts, EVERYONE. The Sens competed for the division, made the playoffs, and pushed the Rangers to 7 games. Over Torts though, absolutely.
    1. Maclean
    2. Hitch
    3. Torts

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Phoenix fans piss me right off. The league dumps all this money earned from other franchises into saving this sorry ass franchise, then when the playoffs finally roll around, their fans show up to the fucking games. Way to bandwagon you dumb desert dwelling idiots. How is it those folks lack the interest or capacity to attend and sell out regular season games, but the place was packed last night? What the hell?
    Well, it's the playoffs. You give them a team that makes it there, people will come.
    I remember it all too well

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Phoenix fans piss me right off. The league dumps all this money earned from other franchises into saving this sorry ass franchise, then when the playoffs finally roll around, their fans show up to the fucking games. Way to bandwagon you dumb desert dwelling idiots. How is it those folks lack the interest or capacity to attend and sell out regular season games, but the place was packed last night? What the hell?
    I think it's better that they bandwagon. I'd certainly be pissed if they had 12,000 at a game in the playoffs moreso than to see it packed. I don't actually mind their fans, they're not like most other fans that instantly have hands in the air and start booing everytime any of their plays falls to the ice regardless if they were tripped or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    but his numbers and +/- are atrocious in my mind to even be considered.
    Eh +/- has too much to do with other people on the ice, if it was based only on the player it would be one thing, but there are 4 other players on that ice with you either helping you or hurting your +/-.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Well, it's the playoffs. You give them a team that makes it there, people will come.
    Or just start ticket prices at 20$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    It's supposed to be awarded to the most valuable player to their team, and even though Stamkos was amazing this season, him and his team failed to qualify in the regular season, thus failed the season.
    The award is supposed to be based on the players value to the team not whether or not the team made the playoffs. Best example for this is the lightning were 9th in scoring this season, take Stamkos away and the lightning would have been 29th, sounds MVP worthy to me.

Edit: If the penguins didn't have Malkin they would drop from 1st to 9th, so they would drop 8 ranks where the lightning would have dropped 20 ranks. Hmm Stamkos more valuable than Malkin, Yes. Whos more popular: Malkin. Who will win the award: Malkin. Who should win the award: Stamkos. Hockey writers bias: Yes. Sick and tired of it: Yes. /End of aggravation.

Stats from 2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Statistics
    Last edited by Aeriedk; 2012-04-30 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Added facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    The award is supposed to be based on the players value to the team not whether or not the team made the playoffs. Best example for this is the lightning were 9th in scoring this season, take Stamkos away and the lightning would have been 29th, sounds MVP worthy to me.
    Had Stamkos not been there, you would of had the same regular season results, no playoffs. All Stamkos did was drop you in the draft standings.

Had Malkin not been in Pittsburgh, they probably still would of made the playoffs, but no where near the points they got. Had Lundqvist not been playing for the Rangers they wouldn't of made the playoffs. Had Quick not played for LA, they wouldn't of made the playoffs.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-04-30 at 09:20 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Had Stamkos not been there, you would of had the same regular season results, no playoffs. All Stamkos did was drop you in the draft standings.

Had Malkin not been in Pittsburgh, they probably still would of made the playoffs, but no where near the points they got. Had Lundqvist not been playing for the Rangers they wouldn't of made the playoffs. Had Quick not played for LA, they wouldn't of made the playoffs.
    The award isn't about the damn playoffs, the Conn Smythe Trophy is about the playoffs. The Hart Memorial Trophy is about the regular season. So please stop trying to make the fact that the lightning didn't make the playoffs relevant to the award. I even saw some writer saying the other day that he could not vote for someone that did not make the playoffs. Great job, your a writer and should be basing the award on exactly what it is supposed to be based on and has the brain the size of a pea. Maybe I'm splitting hairs but I don't think so. The Hart should be based on an individuals value for their team during the regular season and IF it is then this award is between Stamkos and Lundqvist. However its not, its a big popularity contest, so it will go to Malkin.

Edit: I'm not staying Malkin is worthless by any means, and he does deserve the nomination, however Stamkos did more for the Lightning than what Malkin did for the Penguins, Playoffs aside of course. So therefore I personally believe that Stamkos or Lundqvist deserves it, however if we want to start talking about the Conn Smythe then give that one to Giroux how about that? xD

Anyway going out to dinner. I'll rant some more later.

In the meanwhile be distracted by this picture of a kitten and a puppy!

-Best Aerie
    Last edited by Aeriedk; 2012-04-30 at 09:38 PM.

WTB MSG broadcast of the Rangers game tonight

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    The award isn't about the damn playoffs, the Conn Smythe Trophy is about the playoffs. The Hart Memorial Trophy is about the regular season. So please stop trying to make the fact that the lightning didn't make the playoffs relevant to the award. I even saw some writer saying the other day that he could not vote for someone that did not make the playoffs. Great job, your a writer and should be basing the award on exactly what it is supposed to be based on and has the brain the size of a pea. Maybe I'm splitting hairs but I don't think so. The Hart should be based on an individuals value for their team during the regular season and IF it is then this award is between Stamkos and Lundqvist. However its not, its a big popularity contest, so it will go to Malkin.

Edit: I'm not staying Malkin is worthless by any means, and he does deserve the nomination, however Stamkos did more for the Lightning than what Malkin did for the Penguins, Playoffs aside of course. So therefore I personally believe that Stamkos or Lundqvist deserves it, however if we want to start talking about the Conn Smythe then give that one to Giroux how about that? xD

Anyway going out to dinner. I'll rant some more later.
    Yeah but the WHOLE POINT OF THE REGULAR SEASON IS TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Your bias towards Stamkos is insane. Without Marty St. Loius, I doubt he even gets 50 goals. Without Neal, the result is likely similar. Malkin did most of that work on his own + he blows Stamkos' assists out of the water. Malkin had such a good year, he helped Neal take that next step to greatness. If anything, the Hart is between Lundqvist and Malkin with Malkin winning imo. If you take him out of the Penguin lineup along with Crosby that team isn't nearly as good. Consider the fact that Letang, Staal injured in and out of the lineup. Plus the fact that they weren't able to resign Talbot who was always the guy who stepped up. All these combinations PLUS him having 12 more points than Stamkos while having played 7 less games. Had he played the full 82, mathematically he would have had crazy numbers.

Also don't even mention Conn Smyth without saying Mike Smith's name, that's a damn disgrace but I'll let it slide since you're an Eastern conference fan.

edit: I have no problem thinking your favourite player should be nominated to win the award. He's a deserving nomination but he shoulden't win. How valuable is a player that can only score goals? 60 goals is a hell of a feat but that's the only argument anyone has for voting for him. He doesn't make anyone around him better, a certain guy makes HIM better. Lundqvist was extremely valuable to the Rangers but without him they still have Gaborik, Richards, Callahan, Staal, ect around him. I personally think Mike Smith and Jonathon Quick deserve a nomination ahead of Henrik solely because their teams weren't as good. Smith because look at the team around him and Quick because look at the lack of production around him. FFS L.A. is the 29th offensive team and they made the playoffs.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-04-30 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason I bring up the playoffs is what is your objective of the regular season? To make the playoffs. Tampa Bay failed to meet their objective with Stamkos, thus had he not been on the team, they would of had the same regular season result, no post season. When you can take a player out of the system, and the results are the same, that is not the definition of MVP.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-04-30 at 10:28 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chat is up for the games tonight!
    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

Join if you wish!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was that Crombeen fight supposed to send a message? You're gonna challenge a guy who took out your best defensemen then grab his jersey the entire fight? Jesus Blues, send someone tough to do your dirty work because that guys a pussy.

10+ Year Old Account
    4-0 LA after 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostrichsized View Post
    WTB MSG broadcast of the Rangers game tonight
    They will play the Knicks on two different MSG channels and TNT and English Premiere League on MSG+, but they won't give the Rangers one. I hate this NBC Sports Network.

I mean it's not MSG's fault, NBCS bought the playoff contract out after round 1.

STL doesn't even look like they want to play anymore, barely moving. LA has really demoralized them playing so good and taking out Pietrangelo. Everything STL does they just get shut down right away in both games.

Can't wait to hopefully see a Smith vs Quick match-up next round.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-05-01 at 02:48 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice that Ken has lost a significant amount of weight after taking over for the Blues? Also Halak wont be back anytime this series.

has deep sinking feeling its going to be LA vs PHI in final