15+ Year Old Account
    Pac gets the Masterson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Bergeron gets the Selke. Datsyuk robbed of an award he would have won on reputation alone. Hockey fans everywhere robbed of an opportunity to hear Pav speak English for a minute or so.
    "I would like to thank people... many players... Thank you."

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 12:27 AM ----------

Congrats Alfy on Clancy.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 12:28 AM ----------

Mike Fisher gets Foundation.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 12:29 AM ----------

And Doan gets Messier.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 12:34 AM ----------

How long has it been since a D-man won the Byng? Congrats Campbell

Since 1954 apparently.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-06-21 at 12:34 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

The right guy winning the Vezina? Yes. Finally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lundqvist accidentally drops the F-bomb at the awards. And still looked studly.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 12:59 AM ----------

And Malkin wins Hart, no surprise at all.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grats Lundqvist on finally getting a Vezina a couple years after he should have already gotten one. Grats tape delay on not doing your job.

And yes, Lundqvist is still scary good looking.

And now on to the NBA social media awards featuring Skeets and Melas from TBJ at some point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Bergeron gets the Selke. Datsyuk robbed of an award he would have won on reputation alone. Hockey fans everywhere robbed of an opportunity to hear Pav speak English for a minute or so.
    just like once again holland is robbed of GMOTY and i cant remember Babs ever winning the Jack Adams. when will the Wings get the trophy love that they can get? god knows we wont ever win a scoring or hart trophy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, how was Holland robbed of GM of the Year? Babcock definitely deserves a Jack Adams I agree, but I don't think you're getting what he's saying. I'm pretty sure he means Datsyuks reputation not the Red Wings.

ps Trophy love really? Can you count how many Norris' Lidstrom has? lol, who cares anyways the awards don't really mean a whole lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... This is the first year in 12 years that a Red Wing hasn't won an award at the NHL Awards. Just thought id let ya guys know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    just like once again holland is robbed of GMOTY and i cant remember Babs ever winning the Jack Adams. when will the Wings get the trophy love that they can get? god knows we wont ever win a scoring or hart trophy.
    Well, Detroit is expected to be good, so when we are, no one is surprised. That's why the CotY and GMotY are flawed awards in any league. Mike Babcock will never win the Jack Adams unless he moves on to a different team.

As for Holland, he's arguably the best GM in Hockey, and the proof is there. 8 division titles, 4 Pres Trophys, 3 cups and 11 years of playoffs. Yet has never once been nominated.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-06-21 at 04:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Wait, how was Holland robbed of GM of the Year? Babcock definitely deserves a Jack Adams I agree, but I don't think you're getting what he's saying. I'm pretty sure he means Datsyuks reputation not the Red Wings.

ps Trophy love really? Can you count how many Norris' Lidstrom has? lol, who cares anyways the awards don't really mean a whole lot.
    irony takes care of my points above. oh, and how good is Holland? hmmm....Datsyuk...6th round...Zetterberg...7th round....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but you said "robbed again", implying he deserved it this year. I never said Holland was a bad GM, I just don't think he should even be considered for the 2011-2012 season. I don't disagree about anything that has been said other than that. The awards are dumb anyways, they're just recognition for a job well done basically. It's a pretty known fact that Babcock (for example) is one of the best if not the best coach in the NHL. I don't think he really cares that he wins a coaching award that's rewarded based on a poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Price has an arbitration hearing

10+ Year Old Account
    Schedules announced Detroit at Buffalo on Oct 16th. Just bough tickets behind the Wings bench.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jordan Staal turned down a 10 year deal with the Penguins. Says he doesn't want to resign. Source: Bob McKenzie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow if Staal walks, he'd be the best FA on the market come next season. A 6'4 two way player who is young and has a fantastic scoring touch. Want now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Wow if Staal walks, he'd be the best FA on the market come next season. A 6'4 two way player who is young and has a fantastic scoring touch. Want now.
    He is just testing the market more than likely. Someone out there is probably going to throw some obscene money at him and his hope is probably to force the Pens to match that amount. I would think Carolina would go after him. They are already overpaying one Staal brother, why not two? They have space and desperately need help.

Then again who knows with the CBA. Contract value could plummet since GMs aren't going to be able to artificially lengthen contracts anymore, assuming they do indeed do away with that which they should. With that 10 year $60 million deal he probably would have made the bulk in the first four years. Instead he is probably going to see something like 6 years $36 million since GMs are going to be forced to have the same salary and cap hit and there is no way any of them are going to sign up a guy for a $10 million cap hit not named Malkin, Crosby or Stamkos.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post

To me, Babcock wasn't worthy of being put in the same sentence as the other 3 guys who all deserved to win the award this year. McLean (Ottawa), Sutter (LA) and Hitchcock (St. Louis) were three of the most outstanding coaches this year and brought their teams out of the depths of their conferences to actually perform far above what any hockey fan expected of them. Don't get me wrong, Babcock should always be mentioned in circles for the Jack Adams award, but the team as a whole have had the same expectations the last several years, neither of the other 3 guys I mentioned were considered contending for the playoffs, let alone one winning the Cup.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Jordan Staal turned down a 10 year deal with the Penguins. Says he doesn't want to resign. Source: Bob McKenzie.
    Not surprised considering how much money they are rumored to be pissing away on Cindy with his contract extension. Staal is a quality centre, is he the answer to the Leafs problems up front in that #1 spot? I don't know, but if the Penguins are going to dangle him out for trade at the draft knowing he won't sign now and it's more then likely he won't get the money he is capable of making in Pittsburgh, I'd yell at Burke till I am blue in the face to pull the trigger on a deal. It's a shame that a player of such quality as Staal's has been stuck in the shadow of Crosby and Malkin over the years. He is a big guy at 6'4 and while he may not have all the grit, but he is great at both ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    To me, Babcock wasn't worthy of being put in the same sentence as the other 3 guys who all deserved to win the award this year. McLean (Ottawa), Sutter (LA) and Hitchcock (St. Louis) were three of the most outstanding coaches this year and brought their teams out of the depths of their conferences to actually perform far above what any hockey fan expected of them. Don't get me wrong, Babcock should always be mentioned in circles for the Jack Adams award, but the team as a whole have had the same expectations the last several years, neither of the other 3 guys I mentioned were considered contending for the playoffs, let alone one winning the Cup.[COLOR="red"]
    Er.... LA was considered a favourite to win the Pacific. The additions of Richards and Gagne, and Quick coming into his own, they were considered a contender.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how bad that division actually was this year, I suppose so, but at the start of the season it would have been hard to suggest that Anaheim was going to shit the bed and that Quick was going to be as good as he was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not as good as he was, but .918 and 2.24 GAA are still fantastic from last season. I expected similar numbers, and for LA to actually score.