10+ Year Old Account
    Ralph Krueger has been promoted to Head Coach of the Oilers. Wonder if he'll be fired after two seasons.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If he goes to a new team we'll actually see how good he is. I don't know about anyone else, but I've never considered Doan really "that" good. He's just always been the only kinda good player on Phoenix. I'm assuming he's looking for a cup, considering he's near the end of his career. Or maybe the Coyotes are actually moving and he's not too keen on the location. Don't really know, we'll see I spose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Calgary did something sensible you guys! They acquired Wideman and signed him for 5 years. Wideman is getting $5.25 million per year.

The NHL and Glendale extended their agreement 30 days. Yay for buying another month of time for that team to end up failing.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-27 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Ralph Krueger has been promoted to Head Coach of the Oilers. Wonder if he'll be fired after two seasons.
    Looks like Adam Oates will be coaching the Capitals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well congrats to the Flames on a good signing, surprised they got him for 5.25M, considering Bouwmeester is making 6.5M.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I'd really like to see the Bruins go out and try to sign Parenteau. With Horton's status up in the air still for next season, they need another winger. I really liked what I saw of Parenteau last year, and could see him fitting well on the second line with Krejci and Lucic (even though that line was technically the first for much of the season, I consider the Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand line to be our 1st line). If we could get him for the right price, I think it could be an awesome signing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I'd really like to see the Bruins go out and try to sign Parenteau. With Horton's status up in the air still for next season, they need another winger. I really liked what I saw of Parenteau last year, and could see him fitting well on the second line with Krejci and Lucic (even though that line was technically the first for much of the season, I consider the Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand line to be our 1st line). If we could get him for the right price, I think it could be an awesome signing.
    Maybe once they get the Thomas contract officially off the books, however that is going to go down, but right now the Bruins are as close to the cap as you can get. They are $3 million and change under still needing to resign Rask. Hopefully the Pavelec signing by the Jets doesn't set Rask's price too high. AFAIK, the Bruins can't do shit with that Thomas cap hit unless he officially retires. I know he waved his NTC so someone could in theory trade for him and risk him not playing which seems just dumb. Moving Thomas opens that up to $8 million which is enough for Rask and maybe PA if they can get a friendly deal done.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Flames actually got another solid defenseman? Praise the lord. He's got a nice shot too, something we've missed from the back end for a bit here now since trading Dion. Little pricey but I think Suitor is gonna drive that price right up lol. Our defense is actually not too bad at all now. Giordano (one of the most underrated players in the league IMO), Wideman, Bouwmeester (plays against the best, payed too much but whatever), TJ Brody who showed some good play last year, Chris Butler could use some work - another full season will be good for him. Derek Smith rounds out the bottom pairing whose a young promising guy there. I'm assuming they'll let Scott Hannan and Corey Sarich go, we'll see if they end up somewhere or just retire. I liked Sarich last season, brought some grit they were missing. Overall I'm really pleased with the direction we're headed here. Hoping for a couple more signings before the end of the summer and Calgary might be right there again. Obviously, I say this every year and see us end up 9th or 10th but who knows? Maybe Kipper has another incredible season, Inginla scores 40 again, Bartschi pulls off an amazing rookie campaign.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doan would be a good winger on a team looking for secondary scoring, he is on average a 50-70 point man and he is a veteran player. I could see him going to a young team looking to shore up roster spots while they develop talent in junior. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Edmonton honestly, they could use some veteran leadership in the locker room and he would be a good guy to mentor the young kids up front while playing on the second line. For the right price, I think Edmonton signs him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt Doan himself would want to go to Edmonton unless he's offered Horcoff money. Considering how pissed he got after they lost last season, I feel he reeeeeeeeeeeeally just wants a cup. At 35, he's probably got 3 seasons left before he'll consider retiring.

If we're gonna put bets on a team, I'm picking St.Louis. They signed Arnott for 3M and that seemed to work out, why not go for someone better for similar money? That or Florida, because Florida has every second line player in the league.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's more interesting free agents out there, Doan seems just like a consolation prize for those who coulden't snag Parise/Nash/Suitor. I honestly have no clue who will get those guys, but I can see Doan going to Vancouver - especially if he wants to win a cup. If they can get rid of Luongo's contract (which isn't really that huge of a cap hit really) and Doan is willing to take a pay cut, I can definitely see him in a Canuck jersey. He's everything they need right now. Physical, can score goals, ect. If Kesler returns to form once again, the Sedins being healthy, Schneider actually turning out as good as everyone hopes (he's only played like 40~ish games), and a couple others contributing. Vancouver could go on an absolute tear this year.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see the Penguins are trying to involve themselves in teh hunt for Parise, personally i dont see it working out as they will have over 45 million invested into just 6 Player when they have to resign Letang (MAF, Crosby, Malkin, Martin, Parise, Letang). i just don't see how they can even function a team like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    I see the Penguins are trying to involve themselves in teh hunt for Parise, personally i dont see it working out as they will have over 45 million invested into just 6 Player when they have to resign Letang (MAF, Crosby, Malkin, Martin, Parise, Letang). i just don't see how they can even function a team like that.
    That is a great team model. It will be even greater when that team model ends up forcing them to trade Crosby lol. They are still trying to unload Martin on someone, which will certainly help. That would be a great, great team if they added both big UFAs this year. It would absolutely be a one year team though as they have seven guys as FAs next season including Crosby and then seven more the year after including Malkin, Suter, Orpik, Letang, and Kunitz. Ask Tampa how it works having your top 5-6 guys eat up almost every dime of salary on the team. The stupidity of the last GM is going to be screwing that team for years to come. They can't give Parise a long term deal and then expect to be able to lock down Crosby and Malkin long term without it just being a huge burden.

And even if they added Parise they would have exactly the same problem they have now. They can outscore just about anyone, but Philly, and they can't play a lick of defense and MAF isn't a goalie who is going to steal four games in a series for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    That is a great team model. It will be even greater when that team model ends up forcing them to trade Crosby lol. They are still trying to unload Martin on someone, which will certainly help. That would be a great, great team if they added both big UFAs this year. It would absolutely be a one year team though as they have seven guys as FAs next season including Crosby and then seven more the year after including Malkin, Suter, Orpik, Letang, and Kunitz. Ask Tampa how it works having your top 5-6 guys eat up almost every dime of salary on the team. The stupidity of the last GM is going to be screwing that team for years to come. They can't give Parise a long term deal and then expect to be able to lock down Crosby and Malkin long term without it just being a huge burden.

And even if they added Parise they would have exactly the same problem they have now. They can outscore just about anyone, but Philly, and they can't play a lick of defense and MAF isn't a goalie who is going to steal four games in a series for you.
    exactly my point, they have like 5 people eating up 2/3 of there cap space if they go after parise. if ANYTHING pittsburgh needs to not look at Offense (they have crosby and malkin and neal and letang for that) and actually think about this thing called a DEFENSE. afterall, if this post season emphasized ANYTHING its that DEFENSE, not OFFENSE wins Championships.

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking fo the Pens, reportedly they have finished their deal with Crosby. Expected to be 12-13 years and over $100 million dollars. The last 2-3 years are expected to be fake cap circumvention years, which is why they made it a priority to get done before the new CBA, so essentially is is 10 years $100 million or so.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 12:19 PM ----------

New cap is $70.2 as expected, floor is $54.2. Likely to change with new CBA though.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 12:23 PM ----------

$104.4 over 12 according to CAA

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck would they go after Parise and not Suter?

"Oh man, our terrible defense let us down last year in the first round, what should we do?"
    "OVERPAY MORE FORWARDS."
    "GENIUS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Why the fuck would they go after Parise and not Suter?

"Oh man, our terrible defense let us down last year in the first round, what should we do?"
    "OVERPAY MORE FORWARDS."
    "GENIUS."
    this is pittsburgh your talking about. all they know is offense...

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    this is pittsburgh your talking about. all they know is offense...
    Pittsburgh's like a sexual predator in that regard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Pittsburgh's like a sexual predator in that regard.
    that came out of left field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well apparently Schultz doesn't want to sign with the Wings. Kind of glad about this, the apparent ego he is portraying could be a cancer in a locker room.