hello everyone. still reading this fine thread. waiting for next season patiently. hope everyone is well.

fuzzie, for the love of pete, stop closing threads before i has a chance to post my 2 cents (not assholeishly btw) in them....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    fuzzie, for the love of pete, stop closing threads before i has a chance to post my 2 cents (not assholeishly btw) in them....
    which posts are you refering to? I haven't closed any today i don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    which posts are you refering to? I haven't closed any today i don't think.
    it was a few days ago. cant remember the thread. tho, i was planning to ruffle your feathers about it, just forgot, well, until today. heh.

also, jeebuz fuz, you joined one month before me, and you have over 10x my post count. good god man.

dont get me wrong, i'm not the post count monger or anything, and would undoubtedly have a much higher, if i spent less time getting myself banned, but wow man. just wow.
    Last edited by Shinoashi; 2012-07-13 at 03:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    for the lidstrom fans (which should be everyone here, because frankly, hes Lidstrom for gods sake).

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2012/06...-lidstrom.html

15+ Year Old Account
    it was a few days ago. cant remember the thread. tho, i was planning to ruffle your feathers about it, just forgot, well, until today. heh.

also, jeebuz fuz, you joined one month before me, and you have over 10x my post count. good god man.

dont get me wrong, i'm not the post count monger or anything, and would undoubtedly have a much higher, if i spent less time getting myself banned, but wow man. just wow.
    hmm well sorry bout that. I usually have a good reason for closing a thread.

Also, my post counts are skewed. Every infraction, appeal, mod related post counts towards my total. If you subtracted all my mod shit it would only be around 10k. Even still, i am (or at least have been) very active on the forums for most of my tenure. I like the site. Good mix of people. anyways, your bans are kinda spread out. Just keep it cool and points go away so no more bans!

hmm well sorry bout that. I usually have a good reason for closing a thread.
    i know you do. just wanted to bust your balls about it.

was reading the one that had me wanting to ruffle your feathers about. i was working up a good post in my head, finally got to the point i wanted to say what was on my mind. and bam! i see you ended my fun, before i could even taste its full glory.

I've been hearing rumors that the Bruins may possibly try and get Bobby Ryan from Anaheim. Word is that we could potentially get him for Krejci and a 1st round pick. If I'm Chiarelli, I would jump all over that. He would be an amazing addition to the team. Imagine a top line of Marchand-Seguin-Ryan. Then our second line would be Lucic-Bergeron-Horton(once he's healthy) which is another damn good line. I have no idea how accurate these rumors are as it's just been on the local sports talk radio channel that I've been hearing it. But, if it's possible, it would be amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    i know you do. just wanted to bust your balls about it.

was reading the one that had me wanting to ruffle your feathers about. i was working up a good post in my head, finally got to the point i wanted to say what was on my mind. and bam! i see you ended my fun, before i could even taste its full glory.
    I'm sure there are a lot of people that feel the same way when a mod closes a thread. It's sometimes necessary for when we're dealing with threads that violate rules or otherwise. I try to steer threads to a positive before closing it but sometimes it's the best option. Furthermore I've been somewhat lax in my modding duties, especially in other forums. I'm very busy lately with my apprenticeship program and RL etc. Threads dont always get the attention they deserve.

I'm happy Conscript decided to come back on for sports as well as adding Fengore. We've added another few mods here and there where I've been known to lurk and things are looking good. We have good coverage now! woot! It's a relief to know that I'm not the only mod dealing with things.. Like GenOT last summer lol. That was like 14hrs a day of work...

Anyways.. enough babble.. Sorry about the thread I closed. If you feel I closed a thread prematurely then PM me.. I answer all my PM's.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that feel the same way when a mod closes a thread. It's sometimes necessary for when we're dealing with threads that violate rules or otherwise. I try to steer threads to a positive before closing it but sometimes it's the best option. Furthermore I've been somewhat lax in my modding duties, especially in other forums. I'm very busy lately with my apprenticeship program and RL etc. Threads dont always get the attention they deserve.

I'm happy Conscript decided to come back on for sports as well as adding Fengore. We've added another few mods here and there where I've been known to lurk and things are looking good. We have good coverage now! woot! It's a relief to know that I'm not the only mod dealing with things.. Like GenOT last summer lol. That was like 14hrs a day of work...

Anyways.. enough babble.. Sorry about the thread I closed. If you feel I closed a thread prematurely then PM me.. I answer all my PM's.
    nah, that thread was geting out of hand, wasnt a big deal that you closed it. was just up to the playful banter you know, but you gave me this long speech that makes me feel bad that i bust your balls. damn you. making me feel bad and shit. sigh.. :P

bed time! i'm out!

15+ Year Old Account
    nah, that thread was geting out of hand, wasnt a big deal that you closed it. was just up to the playful banter you know, but you gave me this long speech that makes me feel bad that i bust your balls. damn you. making me feel bad and shit. sigh.. :P

bed time! i'm out!
    A reverse bust balls. I'm all about that.

/win

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    for the lidstrom fans (which should be everyone here, because frankly, hes Lidstrom for gods sake).

I laughed way too hard at this one:

February 4, 2012 - While he's become used to players expressing their admiration for him and urging him to continue playing, Lidstrom admits he still finds it kind of creepy when a wild-eyed Tim Thomas vows to randomly take a year off if he ever tries to retire.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post

Still upset that post failed to mention him getting speared in the balls in the playoffs, having emergency surgery, and missing all of two games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Still upset that post failed to mention him getting speared in the balls in the playoffs, having emergency surgery, and missing all of two games.
    gary buttman wouldnt allow it because it makes a reference to one of the contraversial natures of the 2009 scfs (series getting moved up a week against rules/regs).

15+ Year Old Account
    NHL made its first CBA proposal yesterday and wow.
    -Reduces players share of hockey related revenue(HRR) to 46% from the current 57%
    -A radical redefinition of HHR which essentially results in a 22% reduction from the current HRR share
    -Players would face an immediate 22% paycut with that HRR model
    -Term limits on contracts of 5 years
    -No salary arbitration hearings
    -Entry level contracts are 5 years instead of 3
    -10 years in the NHL before you become a UFA at contract expiration
    -Cap floor $8 million under median, cap ceiling only $4 million above because that makes sense right? It isn't like the owners are constantly whining about having to spend to the cap floor resulting in lost profits.

Pretty brutal terms. Obviously this is just the opening salvo and those terms will improve, but it is painfully obvious the owners are looking to take even more money away from the players despite the growing success of the league (in most markets not located in Phoenix).

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    NHL made its first CBA proposal yesterday and wow.
    -Reduces players share of hockey related revenue(HRR) to 46% from the current 57%
    -A radical redefinition of HHR which essentially results in a 22% reduction from the current HRR share
    -Players would face an immediate 22% paycut with that HRR model
    -Term limits on contracts of 5 years
    -No salary arbitration hearings
    -Entry level contracts are 5 years instead of 3
    -10 years in the NHL before you become a UFA at contract expiration
    -Cap floor $8 million under median, cap ceiling only $4 million above because that makes sense right? It isn't like the owners are constantly whining about having to spend to the cap floor resulting in lost profits.

Pretty brutal terms. Obviously this is just the opening salvo and those terms will improve, but it is painfully obvious the owners are looking to take even more money away from the players despite the growing success of the league (in most markets not located in Phoenix).
    Talk about setting unrealistic bargaining terms in the desperate hope that the next terms you ask for don't seem as ludicrous. If this is how the billionaires are going to act, I honestly won't even be disappointed with the millionaires if they want a lockout. The only thing I support there is the term contracts of 5 years.

Apart from 10year UFA and 5y rookie-contracts, I can agree with those.

10+ Year Old Account
    NHL makes their pipe dream proposal, PA counters with their pipe dream proposal.. the they work from there, i expect a work stoppage.

We, as Hockey fans, must rise up! And cast Bettman to the wolves! It must be done because the man is a sociopath trying to destroy our sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    We, as Hockey fans, must rise up! And cast Bettman to the wolves! It must be done because the man is a sociopath trying to destroy our sport.
    It doesn't matter who runs the league. Pretty much no matter what that person will think money first, sport second.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    It doesn't matter who runs the league. Pretty much no matter what that person will think money first, sport second.
    You know what doesn't make them any money at all? A friggin lock out.