10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

Is he decent? Hockey's Future has him as a 5.5 with D potential lol. Either way, they had to give him, or somebody, to the Rangers because the trade put them at or over the 50 contract limit.
    Well, he's an alright grinder, it's just that the Jackets have about 10 worse prospects they could of thrown the Rangers way. Considering they still have a 35 year old Russian who never intends to play in the NHL, still on their roster. Basically, no he's really not decent and will probably never make the NHL, it's just the Jackets have worse.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Well, he's an alright grinder, it's just that the Jackets have about 10 worse prospects they could of thrown the Rangers way. Considering they still have a 35 year old Russian who never intends to play in the NHL, still on their roster. Basically, no he's really not decent and will probably never make the NHL, it's just the Jackets have worse.
    Ya but in the end shit is shit regardless of whether it is dog shit or cow shit. It was probably easier to write Steve Delisle on the trade agreement than some dude probably named Vladimir Radominominov.

I stand corrected, Hockey Future has two guys worse than Steve Delisle. Trent Vogelhuber definately fits my theory. Drew Olson definately doesn't unless they didn't want to worry about if it was Olson or Olsen lol.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-23 at 09:31 PM.

If they were going to waive him they already would have done it to free up money to actually use in the free agent market. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding him to try and use in some sort of trade for a guy like Bobby Ryan.
    Yeah, that's what I would like to see. It would be great if we could have Kessel/Lupul on one line, VR and a player like Ryan or Getzlaf on another, and then a defensive oriented line with mediocre scoring potential of Grabovsky/Kulemin/MacArthur. That way teams can't just put their two best defenders always out on one line. I think it would be far easier to shut down one line of just Kessel/VR/Lupul even if all three are great at getting the puck to the net.

That trade offer from the Islanders is still just the best thing ever. I hope Murray turns out to be Norris candidate yearly good because Reinhart is still supposed to be as good or better depending on who you believe. God Howson is bad at his job. I'm betting that there are guys out there whose only experience as a GM is in GM Mode of EA NHL games that would do a better job.
    And today's episode of bad management is brought to you by... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ9EJIvi8PU

10+ Year Old Account
    And considering Howson's track record, he probably forgets those players are on his roster.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 09:32 PM ----------

Think I'm gonna apply for the Blue jackets GM job. Not to brag but I just went 81-0-1 in NHL 12.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Think I'm gonna apply for the Blue jackets GM job. Not to brag but I just went 81-0-1 in NHL 12.
    Beats my 36-17-game won't stop freezing record.
    Though when I played my first year on All Star I'd have tied you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Beats my 36-17-game won't stop freezing record.
    Really? That's shitty. Oh well, just shell out more money to EA for NHL 13!

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    lol ridiculous. I wonder if he was thinking "ignoring the central division will help us out drastically even though we're in the same division as the Red Wings, Blackhawks, Blues, and Rinne.
    Not going to lie, I laughed pretty hard at this.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 06:39 PM ----------

I'ma come steal your copy of NHL 12.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    And considering Howson's track record, he probably forgets those players are on his roster.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 09:32 PM ----------

Not to hate but you need to stop playing on rookie or playing with the salary cap off and then doing roughly 8,000 trades moving all of the best players in the league to your team. Alternatively, stop playing with the Penguins as they don't factor in Sid's concussion or how bad Paul Martin and the rest of their defense really is.

I actually think this is a very good trade for Columbus as a team.. not as a franchise, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to hate but you need to stop playing on rookie or playing with the salary cap off and then doing roughly 8,000 trades moving all of the best players in the league to your team. Alternatively, stop playing with the Penguins as they don't factor in Sid's concussion or how bad Paul Martin and the rest of their defense really is.
    Actually, just like every sports games. It's very easy to exploit teams to get their best players by trading prospects. Hell, I just trade Filpulla + 1 prospect to EDM, get Ebs/Hall/RNH. Then trade back for Filpulla, then Trade for Ebs/Hall/RNh (whoever remains) till I have all 3. Then just go around the league, get every player on a decent contract and completely mortgage your future! I got so addicted to this I had spread sheets. Will be easier come NHL 13 when I don't have to find a goalie with Howard being on a cheap contract/high stats.

Also I do play on Difficult . As just like every EA sports game, once you find that one move, you score every time. Rush the net, pass to RW at last second score every time.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-07-23 at 09:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I actually think this is a very good trade for Columbus as a team.. not as a franchise, though.
    Hardly.

Having an asset such as Nash, you would think the only way on the scale of improvement the Blue Jackets could go with that is up. Yet...
    red panda red panda red panda!

Hang on to a guy on an underperforming team who doesn't want to be there and probably won't play as hard as he should be every night? Or get 2 decent top-9 forwards, a pretty solid D-prospect, and a first rounder. No, they didn't get anything of really good value in return (see: Kreider, Del Zotto), but you can't get worse than you already were. Last place is last place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who wins in this trade really comes down to that first round pick. Next years draft isn't looking as deep as this years with only Jones, MacKinnon and Duclair as the real headliners.

Who wins in this trade really comes down to that first round pick. Next years draft isn't looking as deep as this years with only Jones, MacKinnon and Duclair as the real headliners.
    Rangers are already pretty much safe beyond a 15th pick if Lunqvist doesn't get a concussion. More likely a 25-30th pick now.

Hang on to a guy on an underperforming team who doesn't want to be there and probably won't play as hard as he should be every night? Or get 2 decent top-9 forwards, a pretty solid D-prospect, and a first rounder. No, they didn't get anything of really good value in return (see: Kreider, Del Zotto), but you can't get worse than you already were. Last place is last place.
    They could have probably got Del Zotto, but Rangers were absolutely not giving up Krieder.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see that dickbag Erixon get tossed to the shittiest team in the league. Flames drafted him in the first round back in '09 and he refused to sign with us. I know Calgary isn't the best team to play for, but at least we're not headed for another last place finish and have actual fans who show up to games. Kid coulda been playing solid minutes especially last year. Hope he enjoys being a bottom feeder for the next few years, woulden't have had to do that until Kiprusoff retired here

edit: The east is gonna be scary this year. Philly beefing up their D (expecting Nashville to not match), Rangers got some more talent, Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, Carlina with the Staal brothers (prob not gonna be a huge contender but can still steal games from some of the top teams), Washington with a legit goaltender (pending Holtby repeating last years playoff success) and all the other random blend in teams that sorta just bounce around. I think Florida, New Jersey and Boston fall a bit back with Carolina, Tampa, and whichever Canadian team in the East gets their shit together moving up. The West will still be the West imo, Minnesota obviously a lot stronger and Dallas probably battling with L.A. for that division lead. Canucks still probably take the #1 seed unless Suter / Parise can make Minnesota a legit contender (doubt it tbh, they'll make the playoffs but I don't think they will be howling for any presidents trophy's). I'm already having NHL withdraws especially with no real entertaining sports on right now. Gonna be so disappointed if there's another lockout, I can't handle a full winter with no hockey, fuck that shit.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-07-23 at 11:38 PM.

I don't know how long it would last, but I'm pretty sure we're heading towards at least a month or two of lockout.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how long it would last, but I'm pretty sure we're heading towards at least a month or two of lockout.
    Nah the NHL and NHLPA would have to be real, real dumb in the head to risk their growing revenues on a lockout. I'd put money on them extending the current deal for a year if things look like they aren't going to be resolved. What I'll never understand is why the two groups never work hard on this stuff. They don't meet until weeks or months after the final CBA season and then they meet once or twice every two weeks or more. You'd think they would be at this 24/7 hammering away to get a deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Good to see that dickbag Erixon get tossed to the shittiest team in the league. Flames drafted him in the first round back in '09 and he refused to sign with us. I know Calgary isn't the best team to play for, but at least we're not headed for another last place finish and have actual fans who show up to games. Kid coulda been playing solid minutes especially last year. Hope he enjoys being a bottom feeder for the next few years, woulden't have had to do that until Kiprusoff retired here
    Because Calgary is known for giving prospects and young people a chance? :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Because Calgary is known for giving prospects and young people a chance? :P
    Do you know anything about the Flames? Or even how our last season went? Dude woulda played so much hockey he woulden't know what to do with himself. Getting drafted by a team then snubbing them like that is such a -snip- move especially since it was a first round pick. Yeah sure we got compensated in the trade but at the end of the day he didn't want to play in Calgary. Now he gets to play in Columbus. You guys can shit on CGY as much as you want, but playing here is 1000x better than playing there.

I know you gotta cheer for your Swedes but fuck that guy, what goes around comes around. Also our prospects get plenty of playtime if they aren't a goalie. It's not our fault they're all terrible.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-07-24 at 05:47 PM.

Relax. I'm not saying it was a wise move, and I think few had a crystal ball over how your season would go when he made his decision.
    Either way, I can understand why he didn't want to play there. It was, looking back, not a good decision. I can also point out that in the end, Roman Horak that the Calgary team got in exchange played more games (61 to 18) than Erixon. Erixon also got moved to a team where it's not likely he'll take a spot this year either.

However, can you honestly say you are known to shuffle new guys into a promising carreer?