10+ Year Old Account
    Rangers two year extension for Del Zotto at $2.55M per is a great deal for them.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, it looks like inter-conference games only.
    ya, and central only gets 4 free wins against cbj instead of 6....

Cam Barker has been signed by the Canucks per The Score. And I thought the Hawks had defensive gaps. Yikes.
    Last edited by Garbles; 2013-01-13 at 07:01 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because Gillis realized he wasn't going to weasel Gardiner out of Toronto in a trade for Luongo.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Woo, time to try and plan what games I want to go to.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 10:12 AM ----------

Scott Gomez is done in Montreal. He isn't even going to be playing for their AHL team. They have told him to stay home and they are going to just eat his entire salary this season until they can buy him out in the summer. Yikes.

Trade market is officially open (well it opened at midnight). Boucher traded from Carolina back to Philly.
    Rofl seriously? If that's true, I am sure all the butt sore Habs fans that are mad about that contract right now, but he is such a plague on their lineup in terms of his inconsistent play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wings have apparently been shopping for a top pair defenseman. Super. Although they might as well trade Filp before he leaves in free agency.

Vancouver apparently has had tons of talk about Luongo since yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackhawks added 250 names to season ticket waiting list during the lockout.

Steve Montador didn't pass his physical....

15+ Year Old Account
    Kings have had talks about trading Bernier with several teams. Looking for a good defenseman in return.

Too bad the all-star game was one of the first ones to go.
    In compensation, I give you this (which you've all probably seen)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/pXZO6.png

Vegas Stanley Cup odds released. Jesus fuck Vegas hates the Flames more than I do.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Kings have had talks about trading Bernier with several teams. Looking for a good defenseman in return.
    If the Leafs plan on keeping Gardiner, I don't see why they couldn't trade Joe Colborne, Korbinian Holzer or heck, Paul Ranger. We got Ranger for nothing and he has been blowing up the AHL left and right. Maybe Gardiner becomes expendable if Ranger can prove himself in training camp though, he is a bit older and more mature, but Gardiner has yet to hit full stride due to injury. I'd actually not be against the Leafs trading Colborne, especially if they want to keep Gardiner and Ranger. We got lots of offensive D in the system though, so maybe Gardiner is the odd man out.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post

Vegas Stanley Cup odds released. Jesus fuck Vegas hates the Flames more than I do.
    lol 20-1 odds for Buffalo to win the Cup? You gotta be kidding me. If the Leafs get a goalie without giving up Bozak, their odds jump to 10-1.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-01-14 at 02:45 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Sold my WoW account the other day, might aswell put the money down on my team at those odds. BAERTSCHI SCORES 30 GOALS KIPRUSOFF VEZINA SHOOT FOR THE MOON

Minnesota ranked the same as Vancouver?
    Pittsburgh should not be 8/1 after their experience last year and losing one of their better players? Don't get me wrong; I think they should have decent odds, but not tied with NYR.
    Buffalo is above 7 teams more likely to win the cup than them IMO.
    Dallas/Florida/Ottawa should all be higher, above Toronto at least (and I hate saying that).

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Minnesota ranked the same as Vancouver?
    In fairness, the Wild might win it sooner - though the Canucks might lose a few finals before that happens.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 07:21 AM ----------

Brian Boucher back with the Flyers. Fourth time?

15+ Year Old Account

Good lord I like that table even more than the one I linked from Bovada the other day. Canucks at 10/1? Ya I'd play that especially with the bounty they are going to get from Luongo in the next couple days. I'd even be tempted by that Sharks 25/1 line.

15+ Year Old Account
    apparently detroits top line is gonna be Dats, Z, Brunner. Thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Dats and Z haven't been on the same line for a number of seasons, right?

I don't know much about Brunner...but w/ Pavel and Henrik on the same line again...that's sheer terror.

Side note: I worked both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend and the boss gave me a pair of tickets to both Ottawa @ Lightning and Rangers @ Lightning...Friday/Saturday night games, 4 rows from the ice, halfway between the blue line and center ice.

I live far away from my beloved Bruins, but I'll take any live NHL action I can. Super-pumped.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    I have mixed feelings. The really hurts C depth. Dats, Helm, Abs, and Emmerton? Unless I am forgetting someone that is who they are looking at by doubling up on Hank and Pav. However, I am really looking forward to Hank and Brunner playing together on the same line in the NHL.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:43 AM ----------

This paragraph from Ryan Lambert says everything that needs to be said about the Wild and the lockout:
    Minnesota Wild: Wild fans can rest easy that Ryan Suter and Zach Parise will only cost them an extra $1 per ticket each this season. Prices went up $2 for seats in every category from 2011-12's prices, which takes balls the size of those contracts to pull off. Not sure how you justify that kind of move when literally everyone in hockey knows you helped drive the lockout, and are also only raising prices as a means of justifying the big-money deal to which you signed two players just months after crying about how that exact type of deal is unfair. Oh I actually do know how you justify it: You're owned by a transparently greedy, insidious stooge who doesn't care at all about fans as anything but their ability to give him money. And they probably won't even notice that extra two bucks a seat anyway, right gang? Christ. I hope they miss the playoffs in each of the next 13 years (and given the way the franchise has historically been run, they probably will). Craig Leipold deserves nothing less. We definitely have a new frontrunner for Worst Franchise In The NHL. This is actually amazing. And their idiot fans won't even care. They signed Parise and Suter! Doesn't matter that they're no closer to actually being relevant in the Western Conference. Being the second-best team in the Northwest is like being the second-fastest Galapagos tortoise. This is hilarious and sickening, but you gotta admire the gall, I guess. Raising prices between 2 (from $98 to $100) and 8 percent ($25 to $27) after a lockout you started. Man. It is pretty incredible. Just in case you had any lingering doubts that owner greed, and only owner greed, was the reason for the lockout, the Minnesota Wild raised ticket prices as much as 8 percent. Wow.
    So the owners get a way, way, way bigger piece of the pie in the lockout and the Wild still raise low end ticket prices by 8%.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:46 AM ----------

Wow super. The Wings and Blackhawks play exactly half their season in back to back games. 12 sets (24 games) of back to backs. Great schedule...
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-01-14 at 02:43 PM.

So has that Bertuzzi/Moore court proceeding crap still not started...?

It's hard to believe it's been almost 9 years (and 2 lolckouts) since that happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    So has that Bertuzzi/Moore court proceeding crap still not started...?

It's hard to believe it's been almost 9 years (and 2 lolckouts) since that happened.
    Can't believe that is still going on lol.

Chris Pronger is almost certainly never going to lace them up again. He is going to stay with the Philly organization doing video work, but he isn't expected to ever suit up again. Sad day. Goodbye to the last of the 90s-2000s defensive titans (since Nick retired this summer). I don't think there is a single player I absolutely hated more but still respected.

10+ Year Old Account
    would anyone be interested in making a fantasy hockey league? or maybe someone already made one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    would anyone be interested in making a fantasy hockey league? or maybe someone already made one?
    I'll throw up a sticky sign up sheet for you to gauge interest. I would be tempted to participate. I have about given up on my MMO-C fantasy basketball team (despite being in 2nd still) because I am losing guys left and right.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:47 PM ----------

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-sign-up-sheet

1 person signed up, 9-11 more to go.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 03:01 PM ----------

Gamcenter and Center Ice will both see roughly a 40% discount this season (based on regular rates). Center Ice will run $50 on cable, $60 on satellite. Gamecenter will be a mere $50 for tablets and streaming devices. Glad I cancelled my next payment of NBA League Pass. For $10 more I can get the entire NHL season. If I can't talk this girl I'm totally crazy about a friend into going to next Friday's Wings/Wild game I will take that ticket money and just buy CI.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-01-14 at 08:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    well this scheduling blatently hurts the West a LOT.
    the west owns 9 of the top 10 in miles traveled (and all 15 are in the top 17, to put that in perspective, the Jets are the only team in the top 10, with the 8th most miles traveled, the Panthers are 11th, and the other 13 teams in teh East? travel the least miles out of any team).
    and on top of this the west owns 5 of 7 teams that play 10 or more sets of back to back with the east owning 5 of 6 teams doing 7 or less games...

this is fair to the west how?