Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Scrivens played a good game, I hope Reimer gets the next start though.
    I have a feeling they will play Reimer for hope opener.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping that since the season started in January, the Canucks would play as if it's January. Nope, it's October.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Luongo comin' in

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Canucks scored a respectable 3 goals, and that will be the only thing I allow myself to remember from this game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 09:51 PM ----------

And now, to check Facebook for Schneider bandwagon jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Saint Louis is making a living tonight off lucky damn bounces.

how come those NEVER go Detroit's way anyways?
    kind of hard to be happy when all the bounces always go the way the other team likes them.

i'd KILL to see 2-3 games where Detroit actually gets LIKEABLE bounces...
    Oh please do you really think you guys just didn't get outplayed? Do you really think anyone on the wings played a decent game?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Selanne is incredible. I think he's underrated as fuck and the guys been going hard for what seems like forever. I'm excited to see how the Vancouver media is going to handle this whole goalie situation now. Tomorrow night is key if Schneider starts with how the media over reacts to everything. If he does bad, the pressure is gonna be immense. I know its just been one game and you can't blame him 100% for the loss since the Canucks don't really have an actual 2nd line however, people will still make a big deal about it. I think Schneider is still your guy and you trade Luongo for whatever you can get because I've heard the asking price is quite steep. Some rumour it's Kadri, Bozak and a draft pick. But, it's a fine line since Schneider still hasn't established himself. What if they trade Lou and Cory turns out to be a gigantic bust? The team is quite deep when they have a healthy lineup but if anyone goes down (ie Kesler and Boothe) they don't have much more to give. Especially with the Northwest division only getting better this year, I think the Canuck stranglehold on the playoff spot is slipping.

Minnesota got way better but they are still relying on Heatly + Setogucci and their other players who were there before Parise and Suter. Their goaltending is shakey too a long with their D. Even with all of that, I don't think the Canucks are really that much better and honestly if the Wild had an elite goalie like Luongo, I think they would be leaps and bounds better. Colorado is looking really good on paper, PA Parenteau along with all the young talent they have. If they can find a way to get Ryan O'Reily back (greedy guy? I dunno) they could be a potential candidate for top spot in the division. Varlamov can be amazing or he can be shit and the success of their team pretty much sways on his shoulders it seems. I like the Av's, always have and woulden't mind seeing them do work on the playoffs. And no one can forget the youth of the Oilers. I'm actually scared of them becoming a threat because of all their #1 picks. Dubnyk is key but so is their ability to get another defenseman. Solid play from him and higher end help on the back end makes Edmonton a real playoff contender if not Cup. I think they will be the team to bring the Cup back to Canada or at least have the best chance at doing it. The window is closing in Vancouver. The Sedin's won't be able to keep up the world load in order to keep their spot in the top 3 playoff positions. This is most important because they are actually going to have to play a team that should beat them in the playoffs. Take your pick at the Blackhawks, Blues, Kings, Sharks, or Northwest champion in the first round.

That's just my unbias analysis of the Northwest Division/Canucks. Would be a shame for them to not at least return to the finals in the Sedin era and despite absolutely loathing Vancouver (Fuck you Burrows) I actually feel bad for fans. Prob sounds pretty stupid coming from a Flames fan but I've come to terms that the next 2-3 years are gonna be hell trying to be a passionate fan. But I'll do it regardless. Just charish the time you your team has at the top while you can. The shelves are not stocked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Oh please do you really think you guys just didn't get outplayed? Do you really think anyone on the wings played a decent game?
    As a Wings fan, ya they got outplayed. Sure St Louis got a lucky bounce or two, but they damn sure didn't get 6 goals off lucky bounces. They fucking destroyed the Wings last night.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    As a Wings fan, ya they got outplayed. Sure St Louis got a lucky bounce or two, but they damn sure didn't get 6 goals off lucky bounces. They fucking destroyed the Wings last night.
    yes, but both the first two were sure as hell lucky bounces. and my point was. its VERY VERY RARE for Detroit to get a lucky bounce like that. period.

Well I guess if you are going to lose one to Columbus, getting at least one point out of it ain't bad.

We played a pretty damn good first period, then it went to shit. Preds with way too many turnovers, and we spent way too much time in our own zone. Peks didn't look bad, but he didn't look like Peks either. Almost got beat on several wrap arounds tonight, and gave up a relatively soft goal for him. He's also getting down in his butterfly way to early.

I like that they guys stood up for one another tonight, but Weber can't be fighting. Him being off the ice for 5 minutes and his 2 minute roughing penalty completely changed the game for the bad.

I did see some good things, our top line doesn't look bad, just not fluid yet. Our younger guys that we want to see step up are creating chances, its just a matter of them finishing now. All in all I think once we get a few games under our belts we will be ok, most of it just looked like those early games you see. Still need to make a couple of roster moves, got a guy or two that I think probably need to be on the bench rather than playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Jeez... Apparently the Brayden Holtby is terrible and Tampa can't stay out of the box. 3 goals in 10 mins.
    As a Tampa fan Holtby was a big question for me going to the home opener. I saw how he performed against Boston in the playoffs last year and if he performed like that again the SE would be in BIG trouble. However now even if he is that good this game should have shaken his confidence at least a little

In addition after looking at some game recaps seems like a lot of the league was penalty plagued last night. I'm just glad in the case of Tampa we got ours out of the way early and was caps penalties until the end.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect start of the season:
    Hawks win
    Wings lose
    Nucks lose

Good Sunday morning yes..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

My thoughts about the first round: Teeeeeeeeeemuuuuuuuuuu.

That is all.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs extend Lupul at 5 years 5.25 million. As per Darren Dreger. That could vary, dunno the full value of the contract so it could have salary variation year to year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you Detroit fans saw this yet...

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    yes, but both the first two were sure as hell lucky bounces. and my point was. its VERY VERY RARE for Detroit to get a lucky bounce like that. period.
    By lucky bounce do you mean passing it off the boards for a breakaway? Because that would be called a well threaded pass, not luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    By lucky bounce do you mean passing it off the boards for a breakaway? Because that would be called a well threaded pass, not luck.
    I wouldn't call it a well threaded pass, its more luck and the fact that Tarasenko is a very solid player. Oshie got a well threaded pass. Chris Stewarts goal was pure luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    it took a lucky friggen hop right in front of Quincey's stick. thats the definition of a "Bounce".
    and the Stewart goal was pure stupid lucky bouncing on that puck.
    even the friggen HAWKS fan (who HATES the Wings) agrees with that...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Perfect start of the season:
    Hawks win
    Wings lose
    Nucks lose

Good Sunday morning yes..
    Dude! This is exactly how i felt when I was watching NHL Network on my lunch at work recapping the scores. It made the rest of my work day go by so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Dude! This is exactly how i felt when I was watching NHL Network on my lunch at work recapping the scores. It made the rest of my work day go by so much better.
    I was so disappointed, and you guys just have to rub it in :/

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Niemi plays like this all year, Sharks are gonna have a decent season.