Personally I wouldn't mind having Jim Hughson call the Vancouver games. He's a home town guy and it's kind of weird seeing im call the TO games, I don't think he particularly likes it either.

I'm kind of surprised you're just finding out about Garret now, he's been kind of a jokes for a while. Shouldn't take him too seriously. Shorty is decent, it's like a Cherry Mclean relationship in all honesty...
    I remember it all too well

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's cool about this season is since there is no intra conference games we can do some comparisons. For instance, I have felt for a few weeks now that every EC game I watch seems to be higher scoring than the WC games. Quick math shows that right now the EC has scored 66 more goals than the WC.

So, better offensive talent in the EC? Or better defense/goaltending in the WC?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    What's cool about this season is since there is no intra conference games we can do some comparisons. For instance, I have felt for a few weeks now that every EC game I watch seems to be higher scoring than the WC games. Quick math shows that right now the EC has scored 66 more goals than the WC.

im going with the latter, the east has been a showcase of offensive firewagon hockey for about the past half decade.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i can honestly say after watching some of the grand rapids guys that i am not overly concerned about Detroits future right now. Tatar/Nyquist/Anderrson and teh rest have been mostly imrpessive.
    For some reason, I am still not sold on Anderrson...don't ask why but I'm not. I really like how Tatar is being used. I just think Tatar and Anderrson get the shaft once Bert and Helm come back.

Side note: Tootoo has been a great pick up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeiblu View Post
    For some reason, I am still not sold on Anderrson...don't ask why but I'm not. I really like how Tatar is being used. I just think Tatar and Anderrson get the shaft once Bert and Helm come back.

Side note: Tootoo has been a great pick up.
    and the funny thing is how much all of us Wings fans HATED the idea of picking him up last summer. now almost everyone i know absolutely loves the little fuck. btw, where can i get a fullscale image of your avatar?

on anderrson: he was good enough last night to slide two past Luongo, but then again, im pretty sure we could have slid Beached Whales by Luongo last night, after all, technically we got 10 past him. 11 if you count Cleary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post

I think the EC has better individual talent and overall teams are stronger in the west. There are a few exceptions that I think think of like Boston, but I haven't watched many games this season at all, so I can't say either way.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    I think the EC has better individual talent and overall teams are stronger in the west. There are a few exceptions that I think think of like Boston, but I haven't watched many games this season at all, so I can't say either way.
    agreed 100%. better individual talent in the east. better team play in the west. generalizations are generalizations though. btw xevan whats your thoughts on the mugging in downtown detroit last night?

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

Edit: 5) AHHHHHHHHH Brunner was on my bench in my fantasy league. Damn you auto lineup setter. Damn you!
    Stick > Automatic.

10+ Year Old Account
    A free scarf if im one of the first 10k to the game tonight?! Yes!

15+ Year Old Account
    i can honestly say after watching some of the grand rapids guys that i am not overly concerned about Detroits future right now. Tatar/Nyquist/Anderrson and teh rest have been mostly imrpessive.
    I like all the guys the Wings have in the pipeline. There is some excellent, excellent depth there. There just aren't any guys who seem like they could be the star type player you absolutely need, again aside from Brunner who very well could become that and Mrazek who I think is going to be an excellent NHl goalie in Detroit or somewhere else in the not to distant future. They have a ridiculous amount of quality mid-line guys, just none of the guys who are going to be looked at as the guy for the next generation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I like all the guys the Wings have in the pipeline. There is some excellent, excellent depth there. There just aren't any guys who seem like they could be the star type player you absolutely need, again aside from Brunner who very well could become that and Mrazek who I think is going to be an excellent NHl goalie in Detroit or somewhere else in the not to distant future. They have a ridiculous amount of quality mid-line guys, just none of the guys who are going to be looked at as the guy for the next generation.
    honestly, with the way jimmy has been playing lately, i can't help but wonder if Detroit should just release him and call up Mrazek. maybe give Jimmy another year so that Mrazek can develop, but after the 13-14 season, make Mrazek our primary goalie.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 04:03 PM ----------

and aparently we resigned Lashoff to a 3 year deal

That's what I was saying; If you have unmovable people in the rosters and insist on trading for experience instead of bringing up new guys, of course they won't get the shot.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Personally I wouldn't mind having Jim Hughson call the Vancouver games. He's a home town guy and it's kind of weird seeing im call the TO games, I don't think he particularly likes it either.

I'm kind of surprised you're just finding out about Garret now, he's been kind of a jokes for a while. Shouldn't take him too seriously. Shorty is decent, it's like a Cherry Mclean relationship in all honesty...
    I have been aware of Garrett for quite some time, I just try to ignore and not feed trolls like him. But when I see him on TV or hear his voice on the radio, I change the stations. I'd rather have my brain gouged out and swapped with a special ed. child's brain then listen to that douche try and act like Vancouver is the absolute shit and that everyone else sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly, with the way jimmy has been playing lately, i can't help but wonder if Detroit should just release him and call up Mrazek. maybe give Jimmy another year so that Mrazek can develop, but after the 13-14 season, make Mrazek our primary goalie.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 04:03 PM ----------

and aparently we resigned Lashoff to a 3 year deal
    Howard is playing behind a patchwork defense... What is with all the people crying bench/release Howard? 2.41 GAA and .917 SV% through his career, but because his STATS haven't looked great we should just completely give up on him and rely on the kid who has played 2 games? For fucks sake, weren't we mocking Vancouver over this shit?

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    That's what I was saying; If you have unmovable people in the rosters and insist on trading for experience instead of bringing up new guys, of course they won't get the shot.
    Unlike a lot of teams, we don't get high draft picks, often we don't even have a first rounder. Due to this, we draft project players. Players we can develop that have phenomenal skill, that are very raw. If we brought them up year one, we would probably have the Nino Niederreiter situation.
    Last edited by Irony; 2013-02-25 at 11:20 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Howard is playing behind a patchwork defense... What is with all the people crying bench/release Howard? 2.41 GAA and .917 SV% through his career, but because his STATS haven't looked great we should just completely give up on him and rely on the kid who has played 2 games? For fucks sake, weren't we mocking Vancouver over this shit?

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 11:24 PM ----------

Unlike a lot of teams, we don't get high draft picks, often we don't even have a first rounder. Due to this, we draft project players. Players we can develop that have phenomenal skill, that are very raw. If we brought them up year one, we would probably have the Nino Niederreiter situation.
    im more concerned with the sheer amount of rebounds howard hasbeen giving up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Edmonton is on a 9 game road trip, how is this possible? Flames longest is 4 games, is there any other teams that have to go out for 9? I think it's because of some curling tournament up there but still, wow. Especially at this point in the season, this could make or break them. I feel kinda bad because they really need to get the ball rolling, 3 straight years of tanking and they haven't made the playoffs period since their run in 06'. They did their whole rebuild thing and still are in the same position in the standings as us. Although their future looks a lot brighter, no one can say their current progress is O.K. Do they need another #1 pick to finally be the team they're working towards? Regardless of me disliking them, it always sucks to see fellow Canadian teams in the lower rungs like the 2 Alberta teams + Winnipeg.

15+ Year Old Account
    Detroit goes a stretch where we do 9 away games out of 11 (two individual home games in there).

im concerned about the crap this week though.
    @ LA (Wednesday).
    @ SJ (Thursday).

gonna suck ass. and yay for games ending at 1 AM.

I think it's sad that this season is the season where Lundqvist's "seasons over 30 wins to start a carreer" gets ended, due to lockout.
    Although to be fair. His play haven't been as stellar as it was, but then again, he didn't play autumn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit goes a stretch where we do 9 away games out of 11 (two individual home games in there).
    yea the Kings just had a weird stretch like that too, 8 out of 9 were on the road with one home game against Columbus stuck in the middle

and opposite problem for us, sunday morning game against Detroit a couple weeks back that started at 9:30 AM, even earlier than early football, but that sort of thing happens a lot less here than it does for western conference teams playing in the eastern timezone

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    yea the Kings just had a weird stretch like that too, 8 out of 9 were on the road with one home game against Columbus stuck in the middle

and opposite problem for us, sunday morning game against Detroit a couple weeks back that started at 9:30 AM, even earlier than early football, but that sort of thing happens a lot less here than it does for western conference teams playing in the eastern timezone
    YOU HAVE NO IDEA!
    games ending at 1 AM? FUCK!

id rather have 930 AM games than games end at 1 AM.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA!
    games ending at 1 AM? FUCK!

id rather have 930 AM games than games end at 1 AM.
    I'd take games at 1 AM if I had to choose.