Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    no one even expected the wings to make the playoffs with lidstrom, stuart, and homer gone. even more so with all the injuries.
    and yet not only did we make the playoffs, were in the second round. id say our season has been pretty damn good. you say underperformed. hello, no one expected us to be in the playoffs. and if we did, they expected an early first round exit.
    I don't know many people who expected the Wings not to make the playoff but the question was definitely up in the air if their playoff streak was to come to an end. As for the Jack Adams, Babcock didn't have as good a season as those 3 who were nominated and I woulden't even put him in the top 5. I'd have Columbus' and Montreal's coaches ahead of him but that doesn't go to say that he is not an amazing coach if not the best coach in the NHL. Pretty sure this comes up once ever 3 months with you but I'll direct you to the best coach in NHL history who only won two Jack Adams awards in his very lengthy career. The award doesn't mean much besides certain guys having an incredible season. I think he could/should have won the award in 05-06, 06-07, 07-08, 08-09 but these last 2 years he didn't deserve a nomination for his regular season work over the guys who did get nominated.

Also it's voted on by the hockey broadcasters and half of them are homer morons
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-05-18 at 10:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I have returned from the grave to say one thing, and one thing only.

Goddamn Rangers.

That is all.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Yes, because no one expected the Sens to perform the way they did at all. Their season was great relative to their talent level, and then consider that all of their star players were out for basically the whole season. Much of that success can be attributed to MacLean.
    The Wings on the other hand had a season that was mediocre at best. Sure, the injuries didn't help, but they underperformed relative to their talent levels and expectations. Babcock did a great job in leading them to the playoffs anyway, but that's no coach of the year. That's barely saving the season.
    Ugh, that is a painful amount of bias.

They were both #7 seeds.

This was the year people thought the Red Wings playoff streak was in jeopardy, that they had lost too much talent on the blue line and their best forwards were getting old etc.. Their accomplishment in making the post-season at the #7 seed is roughly equivalent to what Ottawa accomplished in persevering through all their injuries to finish with a playoff berth and the same seeding. They both had 56 points, they both had up and down seasons, and in the end they both exceeded expectations and proved people wrong that had counted them out.

Wow, Sutter is making a lot of changes to the roster tonight, Nolan and Martinez out, granted Martinez was pretty awful in game 2, its a pretty quick hook.
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-05-18 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt see that coming... 4-1 on home ice? Ouch....
    But yea sure it's no biggie hopefully the serie will end 4-1 in Chicago favor..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    That is because he isn't.

Don't get me wrong Babcock is really great and I have nothing but respect for the man. But their season was bad (by Wings standards at least) and just narrowly avoided a disaster, making the playoffs just barely with 1 point over Columbus. Yes, the Wings lost Lidström. Yes, they had injury issues. No, that still wasn't a great season and there are just coaches who, over the course of THIS season (please note the "THIS", it's a season accolade, not a career one), have done a better job.
    We were the most injured team in the league. Our defense corp was completely reshaped. We were not expected to make the playoffs, power rankings by the writers had us listed as the 20th team.

He was just voted the number 1 coach in the league(By a wide margin) by NHL analysts and peers. He was the coach of the 2010 Olympic team and expects to coach the 2014 team as well. He has three finals appearances, including 1 with a Ducks that no business out of the first round and he is the only coach in the Triple Gold club.

His resume says enough about him.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sharks got fined 100,000$ for Doug Wilson defending Raffi Torres. I didn't exactly hear the comments he made I just knew he backed Torres, 100,000$ seems a bit harsh but I'm sure they won't really notice the hit.

Also: https://twitter.com/WorldofIsaac/sta...09621296046080 so good

Edit: anyone checking out the Memorial Cup right now? Jones, Mackinnon, and Drouin all on the ice at the same time.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-05-18 at 11:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Edit: anyone checking out the Memorial Cup right now? Jones, Mackinnon, and Drouin all on the ice at the same time.
    As an avid Mooseheads fan, I certainly am.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    As an avid Mooseheads fan, I certainly am.
    I was watching it until the Kings/Sharks game started. Saw McKinnon score the hat trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    what. the. fuck. is with the GI call on Lewis? guy gets pushed into the goalie and they call a penalty with 5 seconds left in regulation to give a 5 on 3, do they feel bad about game 2? the penalty before the interference call was legit, but they let them get away with murder for 55 minutes and then started calling everything in the last 5 min though, I'd rather they get things right the whole game instead of deciding to care at the very end

if san jose doesn't take full advantage of this 5 on 3 pp in OT and win, i will seriously lose all faith in this team. i'm not even joking.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 04:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    what. the. fuck. is with the GI call on Lewis? guy gets pushed into the goalie and they call a penalty with 5 seconds left in regulation to give a 5 on 3, do they feel bad about game 2? the penalty before the interference call was legit, but they let them get away with murder for 55 minutes and then started calling everything in the last 5 min though, I'd rather they get things right the whole game instead of deciding to care at the very end

no offense, but get over it. that suspension on raf was flat out uncalled for. his hit wasn't even that fucking bad and we lost a valuable player for the whole series, while you get a 5 on 3 pp. whoopydo...!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw that comin', good game. Quick played very well.

btw. yes! fucking yes!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I was watching it until the Kings/Sharks game started. Saw McKinnon score the hat trick.
    If there was any way Washington could trade for Florida's #2 pick... sigh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be pleased even if I could get Kuznetsov to come over from the KHL. That guy is a monster.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...83382867611648

Apparently Quick was quite pissed off after the game, he didn't hit them or anything so I doubt he receives a suspension or anything.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-05-19 at 07:39 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Surprising result for the Hawks. Only our 2nd 3+ goal lost of the year and the first at home. Hoping that the Stalberg grounding is over for Game 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    no offense, but get over it. that suspension on raf was flat out uncalled for. his hit wasn't even that fucking bad and we lost a valuable player for the whole series, while you get a 5 on 3 pp. whoopydo...!
    I complained 2 minutes after they made the call and you're crying about something that happened 4 days ago, but I'm the one that needs to "get over it" and you're going to tell me that the Kings didn't lose a valuable player?

Quick got elbowed in the face by Burns and crosschecked by Marleau, both in full view of the ref who decided not to call them

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I complained 2 minutes after they made the call and you're crying about something that happened 4 days ago, but I'm the one that needs to "get over it" and you're going to tell me that the Kings didn't lose a valuable player?

Quick got elbowed in the face by Burns and crosschecked by Marleau, both in full view of the ref who decided not to call them

crying is crying bud. also, did i cry when it happened? no. but you sure took it quick to come on here and bitch like a girl with sand up in that vag. rather quickly too boot!

you lost, get over it.

sigh... what can you expect from fans that rage boo during the canadian national anthem.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-05-20 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, check the forum rules "bud" and try and maintain a little civility.

I notice you dispensed with the "no offense" qualifiers now, at least you aren't being disingenuous any more.

Let's all just calm down, accept that NHL reffing is a bigger joke than the nfl replacement refs, and move on until next year. Or you can battle to the death!

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 01:17 PM ----------

You guys had the fourth top ranked prospect this year with like the sixteenth pick.

i'll stop. no need to add another suspension to my record on this forum.

though i meant every word.