10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    I would keep Malkin. I would trade Crosby and maybe even Letang. Crosby is not the same player anymore due to concossions.

The most imporant thing would be to get some high picks and prospects.
    Malkin may be the most salvageable part of the team. But, if you find a team willing to give up some good stuff for either Crosby or Letang. You can change the outlook of your team. But, the contract for Letang is pretty bad. Gets paid way too much for the skill set he brings.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    I would keep Malkin. I would trade Crosby and maybe even Letang. Crosby is not the same player anymore due to concossions.

The most imporant thing would be to get some high picks and prospects.
    Crosby is still the most talented player in the league, even if his stats this year don't reflect it yet. It would be insane to trade Crosby for less than two elite players on incredible & long contracts. The only teams who would trade picks will be teams guaranteed to make playoffs and you don't trade Crosby for a couple prospects and a 15-30th pick for a couple years (hell, I still don't comprehend why the Leafs did that with Kessel).

If the locker room is Crosby vs. Malkin, Crosby is the better player and Malkin has more of a hit, but otherwise you keep both of them until one of them has one year left and doesn't seem interested in signing back for a reasonable salary.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2015-11-22 at 06:40 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    steve simmons did an ama on reddit and ate shit earlier today. I'll give him credit for not dodging some of the questions people were throwing at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    steve simmons did an ama on reddit and ate shit earlier today. I'll give him credit for not dodging some of the questions people were throwing at him.
    Yeah, I was just looking at it. Had to click his profile to see almost any of his responses.

After the last two games, I am not looking forward to playing the Rangers.

3rd straight shutout, haven't scored in 10 periods, new franchise record.

Every mistake going in, can't buy a goal even without a goalie in net. Pretty rough.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2015-11-24 at 02:56 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, but it's just dumb luck. In those three games we outshot our opponents like what, 93 - 61 or something? That's unsustainable bad luck and can't go on for long. It's not like Neal and friends have suddenly forgot how to shoot. I'm confident that the game against Buffalo tonight will go differently.

But yeah, pretty frustrating.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Malkin may be the most salvageable part of the team. But, if you find a team willing to give up some good stuff for either Crosby or Letang. You can change the outlook of your team. But, the contract for Letang is pretty bad. Gets paid way too much for the skill set he brings.
    Letang's contract is an inverse Phaneuf's contract. Both guys get paid too much and aren't good all around defensemen. They aren't nearly as good as a Weber or Doughty type, who play both ends of the ice well, but are stronger defensively. Phaneuf gets paid to play defense and he can't score goals when he isn't that great at it, and Letang gets paid to score goals but he can't play defense worth a shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: NVM I found it

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...ning_everyone/
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2015-11-25 at 08:32 PM.

Yakupov injured by ref grabbing onto him as he falls, after tripping over Yakupov, after dropping the puck at centre ice for a faceoff. #JustOilersThings

10+ Year Old Account
    Now the Oilers will definitely have the number one pick. Compensation for the Refs being more badass than the Oilers team.

Price injured again. I think he wasn't fully recovered when he came back. Anyways I have faith in Condon and I'm not really worried, at least short term. Habs playing great. Oh and Semin injured as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the league throws the book and Dubinsky for that cross check to Crosby's head. What a fucking punk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I hope the league throws the book and Dubinsky for that cross check to Crosby's head. What a fucking punk.
    He only got one game for it. Imagine that, Buff got 4 games for his. I have no idea what they are smoking or drinking at the Discipline board for the NHL. But I want some. I mean, Torres got 41 games for his stuff. Except he should have been gone a year. Mark Stone got 2 games for an accident. I have no idea what is what. I guess that means this year will be the year the Coyotes will win the Cup. Even if they miss the playoffs, special bye all the way to play the winner of the East vs West game.

What a joke.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what to say about the Flames anymore. This team is so deflating to watch. Goaltending sucks, our captain doesn't look like the same player as last year and we can't keep any pressure up to save our lives it seems. Matthews, Puljuvarvi, Laine, Cychurn please I guess? Fuck me.

I don't even know what to say about the Flames anymore. This team is so deflating to watch. Goaltending sucks, our captain doesn't look like the same player as last year and we can't keep any pressure up to save our lives it seems. Matthews, Puljuvarvi, Laine, Cychurn please I guess? Fuck me.
    I know the feeling, everyone forward we needed to be worth a damn has stunk.

Finally looking like Forsberg may be coming out of his funk, and then we lose Fisher for at least 4 games ( my guess is it will be more ). Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    John Scott is leading the All Star voting. It's hilarious that he will be part of the 3v3 tournament. Watch him goon someone at an All Star game.

This team frustrates the hell out of me. Continually dominate entire games, out shooting opponents by wide margins. We have got to have the lowest scoring % in the league and yet give up the highest scoring % against in the league. 35-40 shots a game with like 1 goal, and yet, give up 2-3 goals on 15 shots or so.

Its got to be the weirdest crap I have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're that team this year. There is always at least one team a year that puts up huge shots and has no puck luck. Yet they are good defensively yet have stupid goals that shouldn't go in, go in. Just bad luck overall. You're still in a playoff spot. So when it goes the other way things will a lot scarier to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    This team frustrates the hell out of me. Continually dominate entire games, out shooting opponents by wide margins. We have got to have the lowest scoring % in the league and yet give up the highest scoring % against in the league. 35-40 shots a game with like 1 goal, and yet, give up 2-3 goals on 15 shots or so.

Its got to be the weirdest crap I have ever seen.
    You haven't watched many Flames games haha. Same story here, but amplified.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.