The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    52 shots on Mike Smith, forces a shootout. Imagine him on a team that plays defense.

Oh and, Kris Versteeg is back in a Hawks sweater.
    I like the move, he should help the PK some. Olsen never really impressed me either.

Btw, I really hate the goalie interference call on Shaw that led to the scrum. How are you supposed to play on the edge of the crease when the D can just shove you into the goalie for a penalty?

http://i.imgur.com/MVKJH0D.png
    Also, did the NHL not do international games this year? I don't remember reading anything about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol that picture is amazing...dont think ive ever seen that before!
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/MVKJH0D.png
    Also, did the NHL not do international games this year? I don't remember reading anything about it.
    idk why Lehtonen is doing that Certainly don't think he's doing it because he's bored/being cocky, he still let 3 in last night and was getting shelled for most of the 3rd period, just cuz our D was goddamn awful it's not like he was a hero or anything lol.

The Flames/Dallas rivalry is getting pretty good tbh. I just wish we could unfuck our 2nd periods.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    :/ On the super 16 this week the canucks description made me sad.
    The Canucks are the winner this week of the "would not be in the playoffs today based on points percentage in the Western Conference but would qualify comfortably in the Metropolitan Division" award. The Canucks had a tough four-game road trip; while it predictably was hard to secure points, a win in San Jose was nice. Unless things change dramatically in the coming months, a really good team (and maybe two) is not going to make the playoffs in the West.
    sigh...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    That's not even the issue in the NHL. It's players just hitting goalies on purpose... some not even trying to hide the fact that they're hitting goalies.

But, let's be honest... if you're the Leafs (or anyone), playing Minnesota... wouldn't you rather have Backstrom in net than Harding with his 9-2-2 (now 10)/ 1.21 / .947 line?
    My thoughts exactly. Toronto threw that victory out the window the second Backstrom went down.
    I was litterally "Really?" and earned myself a good amount of cash that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Rask, Rinne

Niemi/Lehtonen?

I'd wager Canada's got a more impressive camp, at least in the top 2 department with Giguere and Harding. From there it's just...a laundry list of possibles, most likely Mike Smith or Crawford.

Giguere could never compete in the olympics due to his illness. would put way to much pressure on him. Poor dude loses upto 10 kg (20Pounds?) per game..
    he is a good backup goalie, but nothing more. Canada got better options than Giggy regardless of how much i love him in the net.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    idk why Lehtonen is doing that Certainly don't think he's doing it because he's bored/being cocky, he still let 3 in last night and was getting shelled for most of the 3rd period, just cuz our D was goddamn awful it's not like he was a hero or anything lol.

The Flames/Dallas rivalry is getting pretty good tbh. I just wish we could unfuck our 2nd periods.
    Lehtonen did it because he could Back to back, Stars had the win and he doesent care about GAA and % as he is doing simply amazing in the net so far this season. There is not a single goalie that has done as many insane saves as he has done this season

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope we don't have to stay/wake up at like 4AM to watch Olympic hockey this year, is there a schedule already?

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I really hope we don't have to stay/wake up at like 4AM to watch Olympic hockey this year, is there a schedule already?
    9 hour time difference for Sochi from EST. GMT+4. 11 hours for me, early mornings all February it looks like :\
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Buffalo should be up about 8-0 right now. :/
    Lucky to be going into this intermission tied.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, Knuckles is playing amazingly well.

Pretty weak goal for Smith but as a Leafs fan, we should take what we can get right now with all of the injuries to our skilled players.

Deleted
    Hey, we have to stay up all night to watch NHL here in Europe! Watched every Devils game last year (maybe missed like 2 or 3) live, and I work 05:30-14:00. Was all east last year because of the shortened season, so the games usually began at 01:00-01:30, the west games now usually begin at 02:00-04:00 for us here in Sweden.

They will probably try to schedule the medal round games for like 4-7pm in Russia. 7am isn't tooooo bad. 10 would be super to wake up to on a Sunday.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the move, he should help the PK some. Olsen never really impressed me either.

Btw, I really hate the goalie interference call on Shaw that led to the scrum. How are you supposed to play on the edge of the crease when the D can just shove you into the goalie for a penalty?
    It's up to the refs to differentiate whether or not a player intentionally interferes with a goalie. It's another reason why the league should have already introduced penalty review and the coaches challenge. I think the coaches should be allowed to make a call if the refs don't make it or it's the wrong call.

Not that we need it right now, but I really wish they would make it so diving can always be reviewed and that it would negate any other penalty.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The refs are such a fucking joke, how does Phaneuf get a penalty for cross checking yet the guy he hit cross checked him back and gets away with it? Welcome to scrapping refs, or have you forgotten that?

I'm not sure whether or not Rinne will be going to the Olympics or not. Being out like this, especially with an infection I'm not sure they won't ask him to ere on the side of caution. Could be wrong, but thats assuming he is back by then.

Can't score goals and then put 7 up on Chicago, eh wtf?

Earlier ya'll were talking about coaches on the hot seat, kind of surprised Trotz wasn't on there. Most of the fans want a change after 15 years, same goes with Poile. I'm still on the fence but really hard to argue with people after a certain point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'm not sure whether or not Rinne will be going to the Olympics or not. Being out like this, especially with an infection I'm not sure they won't ask him to ere on the side of caution. Could be wrong, but thats assuming he is back by then.

Can't score goals and then put 7 up on Chicago, eh wtf?

Earlier ya'll were talking about coaches on the hot seat, kind of surprised Trotz wasn't on there. Most of the fans want a change after 15 years, same goes with Poile. I'm still on the fence but really hard to argue with people after a certain point.
    Rinne probably wont be in the olympics, hip surgery and the e-coli stuff will keep him out for a while, and even when he gets back he has some serious soul searching to do to get back to where he was.
    Finland got better options this year, probably going to look towards Lehtonen and Niemi as backup.

I knew Predators would get some goals, but that was because of khabibulin.. but 7, god damn! and at the same time how on EARTH cant Hawks score more than 2 on Mazanec.. i just hate hawks when it comes to consistancy this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denis Potvin and Dean Brown.. need to stop calling games.. they really are brainless

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Rinne probably wont be in the olympics, hip surgery and the e-coli stuff will keep him out for a while, and even when he gets back he has some serious soul searching to do to get back to where he was.
    Finland got better options this year, probably going to look towards Lehtonen and Niemi as backup.

I knew Predators would get some goals, but that was because of khabibulin.. but 7, god damn! and at the same time how on EARTH cant Hawks score more than 2 on Mazanec.. i just hate hawks when it comes to consistancy this season.
    Yeah 5 on Crawford and in some of the comments everyone was talking about how bad khabibulin was. Scratch my head on that one because he only gave up two before going out. Not too mention one of the two wasa on a redirect which is all luck anyways on whether it gets stopped or not. I have no doubt once Rinne gets back and healthy that he will be fine, he plays his best when he feels like he needs to prove something. I just hope we can survive until then.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Denis Potvin and Dean Brown.. need to stop calling games.. they really are brainless
    Potvin really must be the worst announcer on any Sportsnet station. I don't mind the Sens play-by-play guy though.