Awww, I'm sad my first game I got to go to this year was a 2-0 borefest against the Canucks. I had to entertain myself in the crowd since there was like 6 of us Flames fans in a row surrounded by Canucks jerseys.

Riot jokes were made. Laughs were shared, angry glares returned.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Awww, I'm sad my first game I got to go to this year was a 2-0 borefest against the Canucks. I had to entertain myself in the crowd since there was like 6 of us Flames fans in a row surrounded by Canucks jerseys.

Riot jokes were made. Laughs were shared, angry glares returned.
    Yeah I know what you mean, I feel asleep watching it... although I was awake for like 30 straight before the game started :/

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, best for the Leafs to wrap up the calendar year with a win. A much needed regulation win against Detroit is needed on Wednesday though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada lol

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=440015

All I can say is lol if they seriously have any thoughts of playing either of those 3 guys right now. Quick and Howard are injured, at least I know Howard is and he probably won't be back until mid January, I dunno if Quick is going to be ready for the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post

All I can say is lol if they seriously have any thoughts of playing either of those 3 guys right now. Quick and Howard are injured, at least I know Howard is and he probably won't be back until mid January, I dunno if Quick is going to be ready for the Olympics.
    Miller's on fire lately though.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

If they aren't ready to play by February then obviously they will be replaced, so the injury thing should be a non factor. If either of them can't go Schneider will step in, and if both can't go then Bishop will likely step in. Not sure what you were expecting, they picked the best goalies available, it's not like they automatically have to play come February.

All signs point to Quick being ready sometime in January and he is going to get the majority of the ice time come February. I'll take Quick over Price any day of the week though if Team Canada had any balls they would play Scrivens given how dominating he's been.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    If they aren't ready to play by February then obviously they will be replaced, so the injury thing should be a non factor. If either of them can't go Schneider will step in, and if both can't go then Bishop will likely step in. Not sure what you were expecting, they picked the best goalies available, it's not like they automatically have to play come February.

All signs point to Quick being ready sometime in January and he is going to get the majority of the ice time come February. I'll take Quick over Price any day of the week though if Team Canada had any balls they would play Scrivens given how dominating he's been.
    It doesn't matter how good a goalie has been in the NHL if he doesn't have any international experience. One must remember that Scrivens hasn't ever played on an international rink in his entire career, he came out of college and development programs and was acquired by the Leafs to fill a much needed hole in their rather horrible goaltending department, he had a lot of potential but there are guys who came out of Canada that I would put before him due to their international experience. Price and Smith are probably the two best goalies that this country has produced in terms of their ability to handle the puck which is a vital asset and something I never felt Scrivens was strong at. Price and Smith are our best chances at a gold medal since Brodeur was in his prime at that level. I don't feel comfortable having Luongo in the net representing our country considering how inconsistent he would be. I'd throw Bernier to the international wolves before Luongo.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Looks like Howard will be back tonight.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads
    Throwing him to the wolves tonight rather then having him play on Wednesday? Seems a bit silly imo.

Looks like Detroit found another gem in Mantha.
    Getting really sick of this shit Detroit. <_<

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/417780140140421120

take it as you will, it IS Kypreos

If we do trade him, I hope it's for a solid dman who can help make it so Phaneuf has a reasonable TOI/G. Girardi would be a nice pick up, for example. I like Phaneuf, but he isn't capable of playing a good game while he plays Weber/Suter/Doughty/Chara minutes IMO. Get another solid defensive defenseman on a different pairing to split the time and I think he'll look like he's worth the contact being offered.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I'd be pissed off if they traded him right now, basically doing what JFJ did to all our young players by getting rid of them for veterans when they haven't had time to prove themselves.

I don't know where he heard this from - actual sources, or is he just copying a one-line throwaway that someone wrote in a NY paper (that also included nothing else.. literally one sentence in the middle of a report about the Rangers).

I think if Kadri gets traded it will come down to business. They might not have enough on their books 2 years from now (after potentially having to re-sign Fransson/Gardiner) to keep Kadri and Bernier (who it looks like they're starting to lean on a bit more). Not to mention if they want to keep Raymond beyond this year, that 1M is going to become 4-5 easily. I could really see a bit of a weird scenario developing where Kadri AND Gardiner get flipped for Del Zotto, someone else, and a pick or two. I would like if it didn't happen, but they're not going to trade Kadri just because. Either they already know they won't have room, they already know he's going to be problematic with contract negotiations after next season, or he's a problem on or off the ice.

Realistically, if it makes our team better, I'm pretty open to any trade that isn't a 'sacrifice future for now' kind of trade like they made repeatedly in the early '00s.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Looks like Detroit found another gem in Mantha.
    Getting really sick of this shit Detroit. <_<
    I was thinking to myself after watching the game today that he even looks like a Red Wing player lol. I don't know what that means, but just the face and his height etc. He looks like pretty much every other Red Wing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    That twitter page is pretty much exactly how I imagined a Kypreos twitter page would look. That guy is beyond irritatingly narcissistic.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I was thinking to myself after watching the game today that he even looks like a Red Wing player lol. I don't know what that means, but just the face and his height etc. He looks like pretty much every other Red Wing ever.

That twitter page is pretty much exactly how I imagined a Kypreos twitter page would look. That guy is beyond irritatingly narcissistic.
    When I think of the dude, all I can think of is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGe8lRfLGoU

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, let the constant pessimism and whining that is the majority of Leafs fans and Toronto media continue for the next 7 years as they bitch and moan about Dion Phaneuf. No idea what the dollar value is on the contract but it's 7 years, the last reports I heard were 48 million over that term which averages out to 6.85 million a year, though Sportsnet says their last reports were 49 million which averages out to 7 million a year evenly. Either way considering his current cap hit, it changes little for Leafs management. As long as there isn't a NTC tied to that contract or it's limited in it's number of years, I am fine with it.

http://blog.mapleleafs.com/alumni-rosters-announced/

Dat alumni roster, more so that game 2. Too bad Sundin isn't going to participate, I am a sad panda
    Surgery, he said he really wanted to be there.
    &nbsp;

Suddenly, the Flyers are shootout gods. They were brutal in shootouts for years.

Also, the Eastern conf seems to be getting its shit together a bit.