10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I knew about the sister in law thing, but other than that I never heard much negative about him. What did he do when you met him in person to come off like that?
    When I was in college, I interned with NBC and ended up on the Islanders beat as a cameraman. The way he treated the press was horrible. And I don't mean Torterella yelling and screaming, I mean literally physically abusive, from throwing sticks and pucks because someone asked a question he didn't want to answer. That I could shrug off and did until I was dating a woman who ended up being a teacher at Marty's kid's school. I was there picking her up for lunch and he is in there throwing a tantrum at the principal because his kid wasn't receiving special attention. Typical rich person attitude, but the school was full of them.

His money and fame got to his head and thought he was holier than thou. I despise those kinds of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Add in that he usually flat out refuses to sign autographs before/after games and walks right by kids at the Prudential Center. At the Garden, I remember watching players not leave until signing something for everyone that waited.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    When I was in college, I interned with NBC and ended up on the Islanders beat as a cameraman. The way he treated the press was horrible. And I don't mean Torterella yelling and screaming, I mean literally physically abusive, from throwing sticks and pucks because someone asked a question he didn't want to answer. That I could shrug off and did until I was dating a woman who ended up being a teacher at Marty's kid's school. I was there picking her up for lunch and he is in there throwing a tantrum at the principal because his kid wasn't receiving special attention. Typical rich person attitude, but the school was full of them.

His money and fame got to his head and thought he was holier than thou. I despise those kinds of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Add in that he usually flat out refuses to sign autographs before/after games and walks right by kids at the Prudential Center. At the Garden, I remember watching players not leave until signing something for everyone that waited.
    Fair enough, but that seems to be typical parent attitude these days (not just rich people).

Where does everyone think Miller is going to end up? I can see him going to Washington. A lot of people speculating St. Louis though, which would be freaking scary come the playoffs.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2014-01-27 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Fair enough, but that seems to be typical parent attitude these days (not just rich people).

Where does everyone think Miller is going to end up? I can see him going to Washington. A lot of people speculating St. Louis though, which would be freaking scary come the playoffs.
    Typical if he didn't yell his own name like he was Spartacus or something lol

And I see St. Louis being a real possibility for Miller.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Not as much of an asshole as Patrick Roy is. Then again, you'd be an asshole too if you played for Montreal!
    Roy is like any cocky player in NHL but you noticed him more as hes a goalie and god damn i loved him for it! He also had good reason to be cocky, always worked in his favour to piss people off.
    Always been my fav goalie and back then you were either a Roy fan or a Brodeur fan, couldnt be both.

Brodeur should've played his last season in 12/13. He is still an OK goalie. But he should've stopped once he was at the top. If he continues now its just gonna be a goalie that just quit because he was falling behind NHL standards (kinda).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and one reason I like Roy. His spin-o-rama on Gretzky at center ice lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerolav View Post
    You do realise that alot of players said that the ice was bad, including your beloved Lundqvist. The difference is however that Lundqvist didn't let 6 pucks slip by him, so it's not as much fun pointing it out as it is with Brodeur. And if you actually watched the game you would've noticed how terrible the ice actually was, pucks were bouncing around ALOT.

And most of the goals weren't really Brodeur's fault, one got deflected off a skate in, one was Volchenkov's back and in, and so on. But the main thing was the defence, Rangers seemed to get a 2 on 1 or a 3 on 1 every other minuter through the second period, I've never seen anything like it during a Devils game.

And just curious, what makes Brodeur an asshole?

The ice was bad but they KNEW it was going to bad. Lundqvist adapted, he's been through it before.
    Brodeur didnt.
    And he did let in alot of goals that he should've had. regardless of the game being played outdoor or indoors. Hell even Lundqvist was out fishing on one goal.

Reason rangers got the advantage was because older people tend to freeze more and Devils are filled with old people. Jagr didnt even excist on that ice.

They did what they could, come out hard because they knew they had no chance of keeping it up.
    The Devils was destined to losing that match, especially with Brodeur in the net.
    And whining about the ice being bad, come on.

- - - Updated - - -

Typical if he didn't yell his own name like he was Spartacus or something lol

And I see St. Louis being a real possibility for Miller.
    How so? St.Louis already has an incredible well put together goalie duo.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and one reason I like Roy. His spin-o-rama on Gretzky at center ice lol
    Or his statue of liberty fckup haha. Loved that, even if im a fan.

But NOTHING comes close to when he said this to Roenik
    [B]
    Last edited by Rosh; 2014-01-27 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post

How so? St.Louis already has an incredible well put together goalie duo.

Or his statue of liberty fckup haha. Loved that, even if im a fan.

But NOTHING comes close to when he said this to Roenik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaiN8HjEy74
    Although Blues' GM loves Halak, I could see them getting Miller and someone else for him. Take advantage of a rebuilding team.

GG Carolina being down 2-0 with under 9 minutes to go and having a 3-2 lead (and final) with just under 6 minutes to go.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Miller to Colorado for Stastny and Varlamov, my prediction. Who needs defense when you have captain america in net.

Nah.. I don't think the Avs would swing that. He's going to the Blues or the Isles IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Nah.. I don't think the Avs would swing that. He's going to the Blues or the Isles IMO.
    Isles is a posibility but Avs or Blues is a no go, Blues has no need for Miller. atleast not aslong as they have halak and eliott. Just adding to their capspace really.

If Miller were to go to Islanders they could potentially be a very deadly team, if they can sort their shitty defense out.
    Miller will probably be Islanders varlamov

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    GG Carolina being down 2-0 with under 9 minutes to go and having a 3-2 lead (and final) with just under 6 minutes to go.
    The game was pretty much one way street until the third, then the Staal brothers just singel handedly downed Bobrovsky.. I dropped my jaw in that third

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah unless the Sabres want to just literally give way Miller for nothing, I don't really think the Blues should be interested. The upgrade from Halak/Elliot to Miller isn't worth giving up any of their top tier prospects or anyone on their core to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

My pick is Philly or Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yeah unless the Sabres want to just literally give way Miller for nothing, I don't really think the Blues should be interested. The upgrade from Halak/Elliot to Miller isn't worth giving up any of their top tier prospects or anyone on their core to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

My pick is Philly or Washington
    Philly just extended Mason, so probably not there.

Actually, I take that back. This is exactly something Snider and Holmgren would do

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    Philly just extended Mason, so probably not there.

Actually, I take that back. This is exactly something Snider and Holmgren would do
    i'd be so happy if they did that. Botting emery from the team would be the day i turn a happycamper when it comes to the flyers.
    They should focus on perhaps getting a good defense over a goalie at this point though. A defense thats been struggeling for how many decades?
    this is so accurate

Surprisingly, the Flyers have had some solid play from their top 2 defensemen (Timonen and L Schenn)... the others though... *shudder*. Some have had some nice stretches (Grossman was solid for a good while, Mezaros is an offensive force again despite his complete lack of defensive ability) while others (oh hi Coburn, I remember when I thought you would be one of the best D men out there) haven't been good at all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This game is crazy but mainly because neither Flames or Blackhawks starting goalies remembered how to play hockey!

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Surprisingly, the Flyers have had some solid play from their top 2 defensemen (Timonen and L Schenn)... the others though... *shudder*. Some have had some nice stretches (Grossman was solid for a good while, Mezaros is an offensive force again despite his complete lack of defensive ability) while others (oh hi Coburn, I remember when I thought you would be one of the best D men out there) haven't been good at all.
    I think that game showcased what happens when everything works for the Flyers. They aren't bad, just SERIOUSLY underachieving.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    It honestly surprises me when Flyers fans seem happy with Schenn. Our defense is lacking (less so since we got Gleason, but still letting up 40shots/game) and if Schenn magically came back here, I don't think he would crack the top 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    All i can say right now is, the Hawks are in shambles.

Better now than 3 months from now, Garbles.