15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryfalwell View Post
    Go Falcons, that is all.
    if you are going to troll you might as well not even post >.<
    on topic: Wings win tonight!

The Red Wings will be without Johan Franzen and the Sharks will be without Ryan Clowe as the two teams do battle in Game 6 of the only second-round series still going.

Hmmm?

First post!

Long time reader of MMO, never stumbled on to the Sports form, let alone this awesome 2011 NHL Playoffs thread. 'Nucks fan since '92, when I went to a game with my pops at the old Pacific Coliseum.

Marcelos, as much as I enjoy your enthusiam for the Wings and how I would rather face them in the West Finals (so we can beat up on Bert), I'll have to disagree with you that Datsyuk > Kes in these playoffs:

1. More goals (2 GW) and points against BETTER goalies - nobody can dispute that BOTH Crawford and Rinne have been playing lights out in their series against the Canucks. Kes didn't get many points in the Chicago series, but he was arguably the best player for the nucks, shutting down Toews to only one goal the entire series.

2. Sh% & +/-, roughly the same; so are takeaways & blocked shots, so adv. Dats (with fewer games); but Kes dominates in hits and has fewer giveaways.

3. Faceoffs - Kes and Dats have roughly the same faceoff percentage, but Kes taken over 200 more than Dats, and the fact that Van relies on Kes to take 40% of all faceoffs (vs. Dats' 25%), while having to play more minutes and shifts per game, gives him the edge.

No doubt, Datsyuk is a great player, but Kes has been better in these playoffs and the nuck's best/most needed player. I may be proven wrong IF the Wings can get force a game 7 with the Sharks and meet the Canucks in the West Final on Dats' back, and I will happily salute you then!

On a side note, I don't think I can take 5 days without a Canucks playoff game =(

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 12:23 PM ----------

Also, I can't post links just yet, so someone needs to link the Canucks playoff song "How The West Was Won" by Kyprios of Sweatshop Union (lol)

I searched and couldn't find it here, and getting to the West Final is a good a time as any.

GO NUCKS!

Kesler has been much better than Datsyuk in the Dot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    The Red Wings will be without Johan Franzen and the Sharks will be without Ryan Clowe as the two teams do battle in Game 6 of the only second-round series still going.

Hmmm?
    Franzen really isn't a loss for Detroit to be blunt. He has been horrible for pretty much the entire playoffs. Clowe on the other hand has been by far the Sharks best player. That could very well be a huge blow for them at least tonight.

Clowe's absence brings up three scenarios tonight:
    1) The Sharks are blown out tonight or blow another lead and go home completely deflated for game 7
    2) The Sharks keep it incredibly close throughout and they get a motivation boost from knowing they did it without Clowe
    3) Sharks win and nothing else matters

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oneremix View Post
    First post!

Long time reader of MMO, never stumbled on to the Sports form, let alone this awesome 2011 NHL Playoffs thread. 'Nucks fan since '92, when I went to a game with my pops at the old Pacific Coliseum.

Marcelos, as much as I enjoy your enthusiam for the Wings and how I would rather face them in the West Finals (so we can beat up on Bert), I'll have to disagree with you that Datsyuk > Kes in these playoffs:

1. More goals (2 GW) and points against BETTER goalies - nobody can dispute that BOTH Crawford and Rinne have been playing lights out in their series against the Canucks. Kes didn't get many points in the Chicago series, but he was arguably the best player for the nucks, shutting down Toews to only one goal the entire series.

2. Sh% & +/-, roughly the same; so are takeaways & blocked shots, so adv. Dats (with fewer games); but Kes dominates in hits and has fewer giveaways.

3. Faceoffs - Kes and Dats have roughly the same faceoff percentage, but Kes taken over 200 more than Dats, and the fact that Van relies on Kes to take 40% of all faceoffs (vs. Dats' 25%), while having to play more minutes and shifts per game, gives him the edge.

No doubt, Datsyuk is a great player, but Kes has been better in these playoffs and the nuck's best/most needed player. I may be proven wrong IF the Wings can get force a game 7 with the Sharks and meet the Canucks in the West Final on Dats' back, and I will happily salute you then!

On a side note, I don't think I can take 5 days without a Canucks playoff game =(

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 12:23 PM ----------

Also, I can't post links just yet, so someone needs to link the Canucks playoff song "How The West Was Won" by Kyprios of Sweatshop Union (lol)

I searched and couldn't find it here, and getting to the West Final is a good a time as any.

GO NUCKS!
    Datsyuk hasn't taken but 3 faceoffs in 2 games because his wrists. if he accumalated 74 faceoffwins in 3 games, the number should be about 122-125ish right now. he easily is the normal faceoff taker for the wings.
    Remember though that Datsyuk has put up the same number of points in 3 less games played, that says a lot (or it was same in 3 less before last nights game in vancouver, will have to see how he does tonight). as i said, Kesler has been very good, but Datsyuk has been beast throughout two entire series. even analysts think Datsyuk has been the best skater out there.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    San Jose is probably going to win tonight, the battered Red Wings show signs of weakness, but I think it could go either way in the end. It's hard to tell but both teams have a lot left in the tank and the Sharks really need to put on lots of pressure if they want to win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    If it ends up as Van vs Det, it's just going to be Kesler and Datsyuk continuously stealing the puck from each other while Burrows and Bertuzzi nudge each other.

Kind of rooting for Detroit over San Jose. I'm tired of facing good goalies.
    This. Plus If Detroit wins in 7, they get on a flight right away to Vancouver and play on Saturday. If that happens, game 1 is practically a steal.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    This. Plus If Detroit wins in 7, they get on a flight right away to Vancouver and play on Saturday. If that happens, game 1 is practically a steal.
    they might not play right away saturday night, some teams got 3-4 days off after going to game 7.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    San Jose is probably going to win tonight, the battered Red Wings show signs of weakness, but I think it could go either way in the end. It's hard to tell but both teams have a lot left in the tank and the Sharks really need to put on lots of pressure if they want to win tonight.
    San Jose is without its top points getter in Ryan Clowe they are weakened as well. that and the wings are in there heads right now.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elitelevel View Post
    Kesler has been much better than Datsyuk in the Dot.
    Datsyuk is 2% better in the dot than Kesler, Kesler just took more faceoffs.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thornton has been lights out one of the best players for San Jose though, so don't count him out of stepping up even more tonight. Actually, Clowe, Settaguchi and Thornton have all been pretty good this series but I think Marleau is stuttering right now and needs to find the back of the net if they want to advance. It wouldn't surprise me if Detroit takes it to 7 though.

They already started selling tickets for game 1 and it says Saturday (it might be Sunday, but it's one of those two days)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    If it ends up as Van vs Det, it's just going to be Kesler and Datsyuk continuously stealing the puck from each other while Burrows and Bertuzzi nudge each other.

Kind of rooting for Detroit over San Jose. I'm tired of facing good goalies.

Pekka Rinne .907 Save %
    Jimmy Howard .922 Save %
    Corey Crawford .927 Save %

seems like hes been pretty solid overall to me.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Thornton has been lights out one of the best players for San Jose though, so don't count him out of stepping up even more tonight. Actually, Clowe, Settaguchi and Thornton have all been pretty good this series but I think Marleau is stuttering right now and needs to find the back of the net if they want to advance. It wouldn't surprise me if Detroit takes it to 7 though.
    Thornton needs an academy award.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 11:21 PM ----------

They already started selling tickets for game 1 and it says Saturday (it might be Sunday, but it's one of those two days)
    thats funny there not supposed to post dates until the NHL releases them. Detroit was selling tickets for round 2 and just posting Home Game 1 date TBD etc.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 11:22 PM ----------

WCF starts Sunday

-------------------------------
    SERIES N
    #1 vs. #2 Network
    Sunday, May 15 at Vancouver, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    Wednesday, May 18 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    Friday, May 20 at San Jose, 9:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    Sunday, May 22 at San Jose, 3:00 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS
    *Tuesday, May 24 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    *Thursday, May 26 at San Jose, 9:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    *Saturday, May 28 at Vancouver, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

2011 WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS - IF DETROIT ADVANCES
    VANCOUVER CANUCKS vs DETROIT RED WINGS
    SERIES N
    #1 vs. #3
    Network
    Sunday, May 15 at Vancouver, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    Wednesday, May 18 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    Friday, May 20 at Detroit, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    Sunday, May 22 at Detroit, 3:00 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS
    *Tuesday, May 24 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    *Thursday, May 26 at Detroit, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    *Saturday, May 28 at Vancouver, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Eastern final starts Saturday, West on Sunday.

Yeah Sunday, my bad.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can the Wings pull off a 2 more wins? I hope so... pavel has been a machine, with 1 hand! We got the sharks on their heels.... now lets step on their throats and put them outta their meisery!

GO WINGS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sharks advance after tonight.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    Can the Wings pull off a 2 more wins? I hope so... pavel has been a machine, with 1 hand! We got the sharks on their heels.... now lets step on their throats and put them outta their meisery!

GO WINGS!
    gtfo of california with your Detroit cheers! :P

4-on-4 hockey now, my fave.
    Last edited by Agallochh; 2011-05-11 at 12:34 AM.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I hope the wings SMASH San Jose.

Glad they're playing without Clowe, can't stand that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sharks power play, time to put your man pants on Detroit.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 12:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by r3nd View Post
    I hope the wings SMASH San Jose.

Glad they're playing without Clowe, can't stand that guy.
    I detect a butthurt Kings fan.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I'm rooting for a game 7, but I don't see how the Wings 'have the Sharks on their heels'..

You guys barely won last game.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Well Detroit DOMINATED the first period. absolutely in control right now.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Sharks power play, time to put your man pants on Detroit.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 12:39 AM ----------

I detect a butthurt Kings fan.
    Should tell Setoguchi to stop being stupid with his stick, he all but negated your Power Play.
    speaking of, wonder if Thornton is going to the box for his hit to Datsyuk at the end of the period.