lol Quick lets in another softie.

+1 for getting to cheer for Iggy again tonight!

and lol Clifford and Brown are going to murder each other before this game is over.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Geez. The defense from Sharks tonight was awful.. Guess we have to take it at home ice instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Geez. The defense from Sharks tonight was awful.. Guess we have to take it at home ice instead.
    Yeah that was pretty brutal, but wow what a game lol. That Sheppard hit on Toffoli was epic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yeah that was pretty brutal, but wow what a game lol. That Sheppard hit on Toffoli was epic.
    That was late in the third right? My ps3 decided to start messing with me so I missed the last 8-9 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Limp along a little longer, odds look long for stretching it to 7 for some Williams magic, but there's still a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I agree the 3rd and 4th goals were unacceptable on Fleury's part, but that wasn't what I was really getting at. The team was not putting much of anything together. It honestly looked like the Leafs playing... anyone. You can't expect to win as often giving up 40+ shots and only getting 20-25... unless you're Colorado. Letting in shit like he did won't help, but it shouldn't even get to that point if your team can play some sound D.

I don't know, in Nashville's best defensive years we had tons of shots, heck I can even remember one stat were Rinne was like 15-1 or something crazy like that when he faced 40 shots or more. Oddly enough, in years past Rinne is a goalie who got better with more action, not less. It also depends on where those shots are coming from. If 95% of them are from the outside, then they don't mean much imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Limp along a little longer, odds look long for stretching it to 7 for some Williams magic, but there's still a chance.
    Odds are against them, but its sports, we've seen some crazy things over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Odds are against them, but its sports, we've seen some crazy things over the years.
    It is the Sharks, but then they seem a lot better equipped than I've seen them in recent years, maybe they can hold it together better than they have in the past.

It is the Sharks, but then they seem a lot better equipped than I've seen them in recent years, maybe they can hold it together better than they have in the past.
    Friendly reminder that the Bruins blew a 3-0 series lead the season before they won the cup.

Is it likely? No, but in every 3-0 comeback I can remember (basically, the Red Sox in 04 and Flyers a few years ago is all I got), one team looked pretty helpless for the first 3 then got a weird win in gm 4.

Also, the Sharks are just the standard of NHL futility. I wouldn't be shocked at any failure they have.

Varlamov had similar numbers in the regular season, Armourboy.. you just can't let it happen EVERY game. Getting out shot 32-12 (Avs last night) is not a guarantee you will lose... but if you pull similar shot numbers most of the time, you won't have a very happy fan base at the end of it all... guarantee it. It's so weird... the Avs were like night and day at home and on the road... got out shot 78-34 in 2 games in Minnesota, but it was only 65-60 in the first 2 games. Seems so similar =x

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I have to go to a 3 hour birthday party from noon to 3 tomorrow, and there's no game on until 3? What am I supposed to do.. actually pay attention to my friend's 3 and 5 year old kids and all their friends?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand the logic in the scheduling of the NY-Phi series. They have two extra days off during their series, but they are between 1-2 and 3-4, so non-travel days? Then they have game 6 and 7 scheduled for back-to-back. I bring this up every year during the first round because I never understand it. The Pit-CBJ series also has two extra days off, but at least one of them is during travel and they dont have games 6 and 7 scheduled for back-to-back. Hawks-Blues simply play every other day til the series is over.

I'm guessing they are trying to make sure every day has at least a couple of games for as long as possible, but I'm not sure how this is the best scenario. When some series can end a week before others depending on length.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    That was late in the third right? My ps3 decided to start messing with me so I missed the last 8-9 mins.
    yeah this one

with the usual fracas afterwards too!

and then this lol, Burns was just looking to fight the entire Kings team at the end

10+ Year Old Account
    he dumped a guy while the goalie was covering the puck, you lost me

and you're not here to explain why it was epic either, oh well

Deleted
    he dumped a guy while the goalie was covering the puck, you lost me

and you're not here to explain why it was epic either, oh well
    That is one hell of a hit. Even though you are biased since you are a Kings fan you should see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think its bias, I just don't get wound up about goonery after the play is dead. It didn't accomplish anything.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think its bias, I just don't get wound up about goonery after the play is dead. It didn't accomplish anything.
    How is that goonery? Dude got rocked lmao.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Home teams on the West have been dominating so far. Only 1 loss

Mason stood on his head tonight.

Refs are still terrible both ways. They don't call blatant penalties (Giroux getting absolutely mauled at the blue line), then call nothing penalties (lovetap crosscheck to Giroux's back in front of the net literally 5 seconds after getting mauled at the blue line, Read bringing his stick within a foot of a Ranger's player's face)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    ! :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that one high stick call was a bad call, should not have been a penalty lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Home teams on the West have been dominating so far. Only 1 loss
    *Two. SJ at LA and CHI at STL
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks