Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I take him before everyone besides Rask and Price, honestly. I take him ahead of Hank just because of age though.
    I dunno, I see him as a goaltender for one of the best teams in the league, playing with several all-star calibre players and a couple upcoming ones as well. He makes the saves you need him to make and keeps the teams in the game, but he doesn't face nearly as much shots as someone like Miller did in Buffalo so it's hard to say he's a better goalie when he has so much talent around him that you can't see what he would be able to do without them.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I dunno, I see him as a goaltender for one of the best teams in the league, playing with several all-star calibre players and a couple upcoming ones as well. He makes the saves you need him to make and keeps the teams in the game, but he doesn't face nearly as much shots as someone like Miller did in Buffalo so it's hard to say he's a better goalie when he has so much talent around him that you can't see what he would be able to do without them.
    Yeah I'll give you Buffalo, but Rask/Quick both have All-star calibre teams in front of them as well, but no one ever mentions it when talking about them. In the playoffs the Hawks are 10th in shots allowed per game, and the 6 teams below them were all eliminated in the 1st round, not very good especially when you consider St. Louis/Minnesota aren't offensive juggernauts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crawford is like Jerry Rice in the sense that Rice was always surrounded by great QBs.

How are you legitimately going to try to compare the best WR of all time with a goalie who is (no disrespect Chicago fans here) probably not even in the top 5 or 10 goalies of the last 20 years? If the woman doesn't come over tonight, I'm going to do some deep-stat fishing to find player-age season comparisons. Just you know.... for fun.

As an aside, is anyone else like me? I could spend hours a day scouring stats in hockey or baseball (sometimes football) for no other reason than personal curiosity and the desire to know stats. If I want to find out more about teams, I open like 30 tabs in my browser and start scanning data like it's my job (I wish).

Yeah I'll give you Buffalo, but Rask/Quick both have All-star calibre teams in front of them as well, but no one ever mentions it when talking about them. In the playoffs the Hawks are 10th in shots allowed per game, and the 6 teams below them were all eliminated in the 1st round, not very good especially when you consider St. Louis/Minnesota aren't offensive juggernauts.
    Rask is comparable, but when you look back at 2011/2012, when Quick won the Conn Smythe he looked unstoppable.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2014-05-20 at 10:00 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Rask is comparable, but when you look back at 2011/2012, when Quick won the Conn Smythe he looked unstoppable.
    Agreed for sure, but I'm not sure that Quick exists anymore. Just like I don't think the awful Crawford from the Phoenix series exists anymore. Quick's still really good obviously, but he's also had some real stinker games the last two post seasons.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-05-20 at 10:36 PM.

Practically every time I've seen Crawford he's looked great, or at least solid enough. Maybe not as flashy as a guy like Quick or as heralded as Lundqvist, but I don't see him giving up a lot of weak goals. If he were Finnish, people would be creaming themselves.

Of course now I've applied the kiss of death.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know, I'm going to feel like a complete asshole tomrrow night when Crawford gets pulled in the 1st

Every goalie throws out stinkers now and then. Lest we forget the reason Roy ended up on the Avs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So johnny gaudreau now has 10 pts at the iihf making him 3rd for pts. Not many big names there but another highlight reel play and this city will explode

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    So johnny gaudreau now has 10 pts at the iihf making him 3rd for pts. Not many big names there but another highlight reel play and this city will explode
    I share your 2014-2015 flames season boner.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I share your 2014-2015 flames season boner.
    Yeah I'm pumped to see what Gaudreau can do, I think he'll start out in the Heat with Pourier and hopefully one of them if not both make their way to Calgary. Can't wait to see how Monahan improved over the summer along with all the other prospects. The draft coulden't come soon enough for me. Playoffs are incredible and all but I find myself wanting the draft more than the Cup finals >.>

Did you see these

http://vine.co/v/MHX0FnXdQvL

http://vine.co/v/MHXVriOngbX

http://vine.co/v/MHHzDVzbH7m

http://vine.co/v/MHHBzDKivUO

http://vine.co/v/MHHZraK1viI
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-05-21 at 01:22 AM.

Some news from Vancouver:

The Vancouver Canucks are expected to name Jim Benning the team's new general manager later this week, TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reported Tuesday.
    Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=452632
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Stay classy Rangers. Terrible assult on Price. The worst thing is Kreider did the exact thing against pens. How on earth can a player be that reckless? Damn i'm so mad.
    Reset the irrational generalization clock boys we got another. Reg guess this one is yours ^.^
    lol Zeo, not even going to dignify with a response when every Habs player and coach except Prust said it was an accident until the injury report came out. But let's forget the hook by Emelin that knocked Kreider off balance that sent him flying into the net.

And Prust has been a dirt bag this series with getting the stick up high and slashing. Prust intentionally slashed Kreider's surgically repaired hand. And also trying to hit Lundqvist during a TV timeout Yet they say "Stay classy Rangers". And this coming from a team whose fans say things like this:

I guess I will dignify it with a response... lol

EDIT: Video of Prust

Last edited by Reg; 2014-05-21 at 02:59 AM.

Yeah I'm pumped to see what Gaudreau can do, I think he'll start out in the Heat with Pourier and hopefully one of them if not both make their way to Calgary. Can't wait to see how Monahan improved over the summer along with all the other prospects. The draft coulden't come soon enough for me. Playoffs are incredible and all but I find myself wanting the draft more than the Cup finals >.>

Did you see these

http://vine.co/v/MHX0FnXdQvL

http://vine.co/v/MHXVriOngbX

http://vine.co/v/MHHzDVzbH7m

http://vine.co/v/MHHBzDKivUO

http://vine.co/v/MHHZraK1viI
    Wouldn't sending him to the heat waste a year of his contract since he played, even just one game, last year? He's not a 19 year old or anything either unlike some of the draftees.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't sending him to the heat waste a year of his contract since he played, even just one game, last year? He's not a 19 year old or anything either unlike some of the draftees.
    Yeah but in terms of player development I think its the right move. He'll get top 6 minutes down there which he wouldent with the Flames. Learn the mens game until hes ready. I dont think we really care about burning a year as seen with monahan last season. If he plays with the heat je will get top line or 2nd line game time at least as opposed to playing in the 3rd or 4th. It'll probably just be for the first quarter of the season if he proves he can play tje pro game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanek demoted to 4th line at practice... So... confused...

Yeah but in terms of player development I think its the right move. He'll get top 6 minutes down there which he wouldent with the Flames. Learn the mens game until hes ready. I dont think we really care about burning a year as seen with monahan last season. If he plays with the heat je will get top line or 2nd line game time at least as opposed to playing in the 3rd or 4th. It'll probably just be for the first quarter of the season if he proves he can play tje pro game.
    the pro game experience I suppose, but I don't see the "needs to play with men" thing, he did 3 years college already. He'll be 21 next season, which puts him ahead physically than quite a few people. He just doesn't look like it being such a tiny little shit lol. He's no less prepared than Monahan was, or the other young players around the league. He's the same age or close to it as Nugent-Hopkins, Huberdeau, Granlund, Zibanejad, Coutourier etc. All those guys from the 2011 draft list.

Same goes for Bill Arnold imo.

Have to see what happens in the offseason if they unload people like Cammalleri.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanek demoted to 4th line at practice... So... confused...
    No effort during the games. Hes already done and looking ahead to being in Minnesota next season.

- - - Updated - - -

the pro game experience I suppose, but I don't see the "needs to play with men" thing, he did 3 years college already. He'll be 21 next season, which puts him ahead physically than quite a few people. He just doesn't look like it being such a tiny little shit lol. He's no less prepared than Monahan was, or the other young players around the league. He's the same age or close to it as Nugent-Hopkins, Huberdeau, Granlund, Zibanejad, Coutourier etc. All those guys from the 2011 draft list.

Same goes for Bill Arnold imo.

Have to see what happens in the offseason if they unload people like Cammalleri.
    Alot of what I was saying is just what im hearing from interviews on the fan960 ect. Don't be surprised to see him start with the Heat this season. It's not like it will be worse for him or anything, Flames wont do well again next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh good another soft (non-existent) penalty early in a scoreless game when the team that scores first wins 95% of the time

thanks