Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    The thing is - they didn't need to roll with Fleury if they didn't want to. It might have cost them an asset or two but if they tried I absolutely think that they could have gotten Reimer who is younger, cheaper, dissatisfied with his role in Toronto and has a decent looking statline. He has a lot fewer career games but his regular season sv% is a bit better than Fleury's. Also Toronto is not a divisional rival and Reimer is on a short bridge contract so I can't really imagine their asking price being through the roof.
    Sounds like an assumption to me, if he wasn't happy in Toronto then he would not have resigned. Toronto resigned him because they knew how good he can be, they aren't going to let players walk away for nothing. Also, I highly doubt Toronto gives up Reimer to Pittsburgh for anything less then a top 6 forward and a good pick, since they don't have any legitimate top pairing defensemen which is what the Leafs need.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2014-11-06 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kozari is a terrible ref.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sounds like an assumption to me, if he wasn't happy in Toronto then he would not have resigned. Toronto resigned him because they knew how good he can be, they aren't going to let players walk away for nothing. Also, I highly doubt Toronto gives up Reimer to Pittsburgh for anything less then a top 6 forward and a good pick, since they don't have any legitimate top pairing defensemen which is what the Leafs need.
    You got Bernier for a second-rounder, your backup goalie and a depth guy. What makes you think anyone would ever fork over more than that for his backup? Not saying you should gift him to the Pens but for a similar offer of, say, second rounder, Greiss and another bottom six or third pairing player I cannot imagine Nonis not at the very least considering it.

The Leafs might need a top pairing d-man, but you ain't gonna get one for Reimer. Not if you don't sweeten the deal considerably.
    Last edited by mmoceaf424ea73; 2014-11-06 at 06:53 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bernier has been a projected #1 since junior, now he is getting the chance to do it. If the Pens were desperate for a goalie, they would have had to pay big to get Reimer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got Bernier for a second-rounder, your backup goalie and a depth guy. What makes you think anyone would ever fork over more than that for his backup? Not saying you should gift him to the Pens but for a similar offer of, say, second rounder, Greiss and another bottom six or third pairing player I cannot imagine Nonis not at the very least considering it.

The Leafs might need a top pairing d-man, but you ain't gonna get one for Reimer. Not if you don't sweeten the deal considerably.
    If Nonis was a wizard like Dean Lombardi he could do it, but he isn't. Lombardi turned those scraps into Gaborik.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If Nonis was a wizard like Dean Lombardi he could do it, but he isn't. Lombardi turned those scraps into Gaborik.
    Lombardi is insanely good at his job. I think it's safe to say that without Gaborik the Kings don't win the cup last year.

Bernier has been a projected #1 since junior, now he is getting the chance to do it. If the Pens were desperate for a goalie, they would have had to pay big to get Reimer.
    I seriously doubt it, Reimer hasn't proven to be that good, let alone a legit #1. Toronto might want a lot for him, but no one is going to give it up unless they are insanely desperate or insanely stupid.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Carter Ashton has been suspended for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. Apparently he broke the performance enhancing drug rules. 20 games without pay, yikes.

Deleted
    Apparently Carter Ashton has been suspended for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. Apparently he broke the performance enhancing drug rules. 20 games without pay, yikes.
    His story is that he used an asthma inhaler (that was unknowingly spiked with Clenbuterol) for medical reasons. That's about the same story as every professional cyclist gives when they get busted so I'd take it with a grain of salt, but he's not appealing the ban so at least kudos for owning up to his mistake.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    His story is that he used an asthma inhaler (that was unknowingly spiked with Clenbuterol) for medical reasons. That's about the same story as every professional cyclist gives when they get busted so I'd take it with a grain of salt, but he's not appealing the ban so at least kudos for owning up to his mistake.
    Like usual, there has to be more to the story then we are being told.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://gfycat.com/PlaintiveAcidicEel

Holy fuck Tarasenko slow down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post

Tarasenko is a beast!

1-0 SJ agaist Canucks!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't know what you're doing defensively Tarasenko makes you look like an asshole. I bet he wishes he could play the eastern conference every night.

Deleted
    Ugh.. Canucks ties with 7 seconds left in the first...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post

lol fucking Ryder with the two hander right across the back of his legs. Guess he did learn something in Montreal!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Garbles; 2014-11-07 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    gone but never forgotten
    That's a shame

They were the only people in Rogers Place, who looked the same, worth watching!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Tampa Bay is fucking scary. And Stamkos isn't even playing at his best. And they are without Hedman. Jesus Christ.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tampa Bay is fucking scary. And Stamkos isn't even playing at his best. And they are without Hedman. Jesus Christ.
    Their defense might as well be pylons though.